iPhone 6 Specs Leaked?

IFeaRZz

Huge screen with a crap resolution and I don't like the round edges.

I don't know if you're either 12 or mis-informed but 'Crap Resolution' is ridiculous and 'i don't like the round edges' doesn't make an amazing phone disappointing. Sure its a valid opinion but its a petty thing to dismiss the entire phone about, Every Other Phone other than the Sony Xperia Z2 has rounded edges that I can think of, and 1280x800 still warrants a 321PPI density, which is more than enough. About 400PPI is the actual limit in a smartphone, and I can guarantee you're the kind of person who wet himself when the LG G3 came out, and are now pushing for 4K Smartphone screens. Its not necessary dude, not now, not ever.

This is totally inaccurate.

The display res is going to be more because of the 5.5 inch version.

It's not going to be more expensive. It's going to be there same

They won't have 4K recording but a much now useful features for the camera

The display is going to use the sapphire cover for durability

All those specs are just guesses but not leaks

Yep I agree. 1280x800 is a 16:10 ratio, so I have no idea where they pulled that from, but this is only the 4.7inch version 'leaks/rumours' hence only one resolution. I doubt that Apple will push 4K video recording, they don't even have a machine selling with more than QHD resolution but I do hope it is on there, and Apple only ever put prices down. The only time I remember Apple increasing pricing was for the 2012 iMacs with the tiny display, and the iPod Touch 5th Generation when it was released. 

Damn! The phone looks absolutely beautiful! if that's the final release , other wise a good ass mockup!

Details separate people.

If that's all they're doing with the battery I'll be rather disappointed. Removing 8 AND 16gb? 8 I can understand, but 16 would be a bit much. The screen resolution definitely needs to be higher to compete with flagships at the moment, especially if they're increasing the size. No clock speed or quad core mentioned, but if they stay with duals that they've been using since the 4S in 2011 they're plain stupid. I'd probably still buy it if I hadn't just upgraded to a Sony Z Ultra. That's my two cents. 

But you're comparing an iPhone to a Flagship Android like they're the same device.

Apple has always had a lower resolution screen versus the flagship Android crowd because they realise the difference between Pixel Density and sheer resolution. With this resolution the iPhone 6 will have 321PPI which is 'Retina' or id dense enough that text looks crisp as possible from 10 inches away, any more is a waste of GPU horsepower + battery life. Also I'm glad they've moved to 32GB Base, whats wrong with Free Storage? For somebody who will have this phone for 2 or more years, and won't delete their photo library, and want their music on their device, I see this as a good thing and so will they. Also Apple manufacture their own designed chips, and don't need Quad, or Hex, or Octo cores. They probably could add 2 more cores onto the A7 and it would Smash everything else out right now, but If they can get better raw performance than the Snapdragon 805 with 2 cores at 1.3GHz in the A8 like they did last time that is a hell of an accomplishment, and gives them headroom to just 'add' (I realise it isn't that simple but the point stands) two cores and double performance again, the same thing that Intel did as core counts went from Dual to Quad. 

I went from a 1080p Xperia Z to an iPhone 5s, the difference is HUGE, definitely noticeable.

And no, I couldn't care less about the G3, I can't even tell the pixels at 1080p so why bother.

I have an iPhone 5s and a HTC One and the difference is Minimal, but I agree they could do with a little increase in density, maybe 370 would be enough but its hard to guess. I Apologise for rash assumptions. 

You know, I disagree. I'm getting a bit tired of everyone saying that the LG G3's resolution is pointless. I know Linus doesn't really care about it, but if you look at everyone's videos (MKBHD) about it, they all say that you *can* tell the difference side-by-side. I think once they can improve on battery life, QHD will be the new standard for ultra sharp smartphones.

MKBHD Didn't really do that video correctly, the iPhone 5s, One M8 and G3 all use different panel types and different colour temperatures + different contrast ratio's. It would show the thesis more clearly if he had showed Macro footage of text and icons, not only a third of the screen taken up by 3 smartphones all displaying the same image. You literally CANNOT notice the difference between 6-10 inches away, where you should be holding your smartphone. its a different story if you're sat with your phone up to your eye trying to see a difference. It probably will become the new standard but its bloody pointless. It takes an LG or a Samsung to try and get the best numbers on a spec sheet to say they were the first, and it makes everyone else look bad, and the whole market moves toward this pointless, more expensive, and higher power usage display that 98% of the target market don't give a flying linus about.

i find it lame if they really discontinue the 16Gb model. honestly i dont see how people can use more than 20gbs of storage on their mobile devices... for and ipad maybe it would make more sense to remove the 16gb model but not the phones.

Yet other manufactures already ditched 16GB models. Apple's actually late to the party with this one. I have a 4S, and constantly have to pick and choose what to skip because I can't fit everything I want on my phone.

What I don't agree with is their reasoning behind it. It's costs them less than $10 increase the storage from 16GB to 32GB, but they know they couldn't get away with almost doubling the out of pocket cost of the phone with the 16GB model.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

I'm not trying to hate on the new iPhonebut are they choosing that resolution because 1080p or 1440p so too much for the a8 processor/gpu? (assuming these rumors are true)

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Yet other manufactures already ditched 16GB models. Apple's actually late to the party with this one. I have a 4S, and constantly have to pick and choose what to skip because I can't fit everything I want on my phone.

What I don't agree with is their reasoning behind it. It's costs them less than $10 increase the storage from 16GB to 32GB, but they know they couldn't get away with almost doubling the out of pocket cost of the phone with the 16GB model.

Well

I factually

Beg

To

Differ

They all start at 16GB or lower. Samsung, Google, LG, HTC.

Well

I factually

Beg

To

Differ

They all start at 16GB or lower. Samsung, Google, LG, HTC.

Really....

LG G3, 32GB and up only

HTC One (M7) 32GB only

HTC One (M8) 32GB only

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 32GB only

So yeah, like I said, Apple is late to the party on the 32GB of storage for the base model. Not that being late is a critical issue. The issue is the fact that all these manufactures made the switch without almost doubling the out of pocket cost of the phone.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

Really....

LG G3, 32GB and up only

HTC One (M7) 32GB only

HTC One (M8) 32GB only

So yeah, like I said, Apple is late to the party on the 32GB of storage for the base model. Not that being late is a critical issue. The issue is the fact that all these manufactures made the switch without almost doubling the out of pocket cost of the phone.

I linked you to the tech specs of each phone. How can you deny that they still sell 16GB models? They all clearly state 16GB.

I'm not American (the whole world is not America). We don't have Sprint here.

LOL at 1200x800. I'm calling fake on this. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the shit specs turned out to be true, I mean, the 5S had a resolution of 1136x640. My S4 has a 1080p display.

I linked you to the tech specs of each phone. How can you deny that they still sell 16GB models? They all clearly state 16GB.

I'm not American (the whole world is not America). We don't have Sprint here.

BUt that does not change the fact that the manufactures have started offering 32GB as the base model. There will always been region and carrier differences, but no carrier is selling only the 32GB model without the manufactures consent.

Also, lets look at the manufactures site for some of the phones I linked.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, well, would you look at that, per Samsung's own website there is no 16GB version.

HTC One (M7),well, would you look at that, per HTC's own website there is no 16GB version.

I never said the whole world is America, but you're acting as if the whole world is the UK. Not offering a 16GB model is not a new concept, no matter how much you want to lie and claim that it is. But, again, that's not the issue. The issue is that other manufactures have started offering a 32GB model for the same price, or close to the same price, as the 16GB model. Apple on the other hand is going to take a $10 increase in manufacturing and pass it on to the consumer with a $149 price increase.

These specs don't seem right to me.

That phone looks ugly as hell though I'd take the 5s over it any day.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

BUt that does not change the fact that the manufactures have started offering 32GB as the base model. There will always been region and carrier differences, but no carrier is selling only the 32GB model without the manufactures consent.

Also, lets look at the manufactures site for some of the phones I linked.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, well, would you look at that, per Samsung's own website there is no 16GB version.

HTC One (M7),well, would you look at that, per HTC's own website there is no 16GB version.

I never said the whole world is America, but you're acting as if the whole world is the UK. Not offering a 16GB model is not a new concept, no matter how much you want to lie and claim that it is. But, again, that's not the issue. The issue is that other manufactures have started offering a 32GB model for the same price, or close to the same price, as the 16GB model. Apple on the other hand is going to take a $10 increase in manufacturing and pass it on to the consumer with a $149 price increase.

That's not what you originally said.

I rebuke comments on a per-comment basis :)

i find it lame if they really discontinue the 16Gb model. honestly i dont see how people can use more than 20gbs of storage on their mobile devices... for and ipad maybe it would make more sense to remove the 16gb model but not the phones.

what about people with a large music library or someone who likes to watch videos on their commute to work where it is a bit of a hassle to get out a 10 inch tablet. Also these specs are not even surprising the processors are easy to guess some of the camera stuff is interesting, the 4k video recording, but it isn't like that has not been a feature on phones previously. As usual I am underwhelmed by apple rumors because the interesting ones, such as an apple TV, never seem to come to fruition.  

Weren't the spec's leaked already? each time any of the previous phones was released.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I wasn't thinking of the bandwidth required, but doesn't it require 20Mb/s minimum anyway? It's rare to see that speed consistently on the mobile network in Aus.

Oh no I didn't mean Internet Service Provider. I meant Image Signal Processor. The part that handles all the processing of the image (except more advanced things like the bokeh effect in the Google Camera, or stitching panoramas).

Actually, I am not sure if that's what encodes the video on smartphones but anyway you get the point, chips are fast enough to do it without having to take shortcuts.

Really....

LG G3, 32GB and up only

HTC One (M7) 32GB only

HTC One (M8) 32GB only

The M8 has a 16GB model.

We have started to see the move to 32GB minimum but it's not common yet. I for one welcome the move to 32GB as the minimum. I'd actually like to see 64GB as the minimum since it's just another 10 dollars or so for the manufacturer, in an ~800 dollar device.

Seems fair if you ask me but we probably won't see that for another few years...

That's not what you originally said.

I rebuke comments on a per-comment basis :)

All I said was that Apple is late to the party with offering 32GB base models, which is 100% true.

Oh no I didn't mean Internet Service Provider. I meant Image Signal Processor. The part that handles all the processing of the image (except more advanced things like the bokeh effect in the Google Camera, or stitching panoramas).

Actually, I am not sure if that's what encodes the video on smartphones but anyway you get the point, chips are fast enough to do it without having to take shortcuts.

The M8 has a 16GB model.

We have started to see the move to 32GB minimum but it's not common yet. I for one welcome the move to 32GB as the minimum. I'd actually like to see 64GB as the minimum since it's just another 10 dollars or so for the manufacturer, in an ~800 dollar device.

Seems fair if you ask me but we probably won't see that for another few years...

But it's not offered everywhere and not offered to all carriers. Which does nothing to change what I originally said, which is Apple is late to the party in offering 32GB as a base model, and that Apple will be way over charging for that 32GB base models compared to other manufactures.

All I said was that Apple is late to the party with offering 32GB base models, which is 100% true.

But it's not offered everywhere and not offered to all carriers. Which does nothing to change what I originally said, which is Apple is late to the party in offering 32GB as a base model, and that Apple will be way over charging for that 32GB base models compared to other manufactures.

No it's not true, lol.

Why does everybody keep going on about screen resolutions on any modern mobile device anymore?  That was a point of contention 4 years ago, nowadays they all outstrip our needs.  The only reason I can see for wanting a 1080p screen on a device that big is to make video scaling even easier, even then it isn't a huge issue.

What is a big deal to me is battery life.  I want to be able to use my phone anywhere for it's intended features (be that calls, taking pictures/videos, web browsing, music/film/reading, maps etc.) without worrying when it's going to run out of juice.  Sure you can bring a backup charging thingy, but really that shouldn't be necessary.  Higher resolution screens require beefier hardware to manage, and generally that will require more power to run.  I'd rather have a lower resolution (but no lower than a "retina" one) screen with great colour and be able to grab more battery life.  At least phones charge bloody fast now, being able to go from 0-100% in 35 minutes is bliss.

In fact, the only feature set from any phone that's been interesting recently has been waterproofing.  There, that's bloody useful.  It rains a lot here in London (well, maybe not so much for the last few weeks) , now I don't have to worry about jogging to catch a bus and seeing my phone fall into a puddle.  Or on the more ridiculous front, I don't need to worry about jumping into a pool whilst forgetting again my phone is in my pocket (which has happened I'm ashamed to say).  Then there are just the added benefits of being able to take photos in wet places, like most of outdoors in the UK.

Either way, I'll likely be picking up an iPhone 6 regardless of the specs.  Got enough stuff "trapped" in their eco system anyway, not to mention my contract's through the office where I work, so it's a free upgrade.  Mighty tempted by the Project Ara phone though, couldn't care less about the software etc. just like the concept of a modular phone.

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

The 16GB model is the most common one in Sweden. Pretty sure all GPe M8s are 16GB as well. The Galaxy S 5 also has a 16GB model, and it's the most common model.

Again, it's not like 32GB phones are everywhere. LG is the only manufacturer that doesn't have a 16GB model of their flagship. If Apple skips a 16GB model when they launch the iPhone 6 then I'd call them "keeping up" at worst.

If they increase the price as well then they have fucked up though. I want 32GB to replace 16GB, not just remove the lower priced option.

No it's not true, lol.

How so? I've already proved that other manufactures have 32GB only models on the market. The Galaxy Note 3 and M7 specifically, and the G3 and M8 in certain regions. I'm sure there are more but I'm not going to look through every phone on the market. But I'll provide a couple of more examples.

Amazon Fire Phone

Nokia Lumia 920

Nokia Lumia 930

I've been struggling with my 16gb Nexus 5 latley...I think 32gb is the sweet spot. Regret not paying the extra 50 bucks

how the hell do you NOT use more than 16Gb..