How much money minimum per year do you need to live comfortably and be happy?

DeViLzzz

To put it bluntly even when I did work which was at Subway and in corn fields I uh did not make close to $200K.  Also I am not educated enough to get a job where I could command a salary of $200K or more.  I guess maybe you wanted to be helpful possibly and tell me how I could save money or invest it but definitely not possible in my position right now.

Stop with gambling...?

$36k for a house, $24k for Cars, $5k for pc, $20k for other electronics, $8k for living costs, $6k for medical aid, $10k for petrol, $6k for entertainment = $115k so to live like a boss i would need to earn $230k per year

Your house is $36k?

Stop with gambling...?

This wasn't meant to be a thread where people preached.  It is my form of entertainment and I would like to be able to bet comfortably and so I figured I'd need exactly that amount of money.  It is basically $100 per day per year.  Also the number could be adjusted as really one does not need to gamble every single day and so if we take a more conservative approach and say $150 for every live racing date in my area well that is far less than the amount I mentioned.  Still I would want to bet NFL too at times and join some fantasy football pay leagues so hmmmm.  Yeah I guess I could lower the amount to gamble with but I enjoy it so I really wouldn't want to.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Probably a trillion or a zillion just for my computer and stuff. Foods and shelter counts next :D

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Your house is $36k?

No that would be 36k per year for 20 years (all theoretical), i dnt actually own any property but i want to some day

Less than I make now, I make too much as it is

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Probably 150k in that area I wouldn't mind making 200-250k just because I want to live a life where I can help people with extra money

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

That's a shitload of money to get from your parents - most people in germany who work fulltime don't even earn that a month. You can consider yourself very lucky - do you go to university?

Yes it is and I'm very happy about that :) It allows me to do what I want and to concentrate on studying instead of working. Also yes I am studying Psychology. Normally I would have got Bafök (A progamm in which you get a certain amount of money for being at the university) but the literally told me 'Your parents have too much money for us to give you any. Go and ask them for money instead.' I kinda feel bad that they have to supply me with money but that was their intention the begin with and they have much more money than they could ever need so why not :P

between my wife and i, we live comfortably/happy on about 20-25k a month depending if i bought another car that month or not, so roughly 240-300k a year.

To be serious I mean if anyone says they need only 10k than they must want to live off welfare but I wudd say about 100k reason if I wudd only need around 70 mayb 80 but accidents and certain expenses come up if something breaks or close to failing i mean i survive wit only like 30k but not living amazing lifestyle

System Specs~~~~~

Case-Corsair Air 540                                   CPU-i7 4770k                           Ram-Corsair Vengeance 16 Gbs    PSU-Corsair RM1000

Motherboard-Asus Maximus VI Formula    Graphics-Asus Gtx 780 Ti x2     CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i               SSDs-Corsair Force GS 128/360 Gb       

well im am 20 and I already have a house thats paid off and to be honest 50K a year would be fine for me since I don't spend much. Also, I wouldn't mind maybe like 2k for stocks since in the last month I have make $500 from it

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Few billion to buy utah and make the entire state a horse sanctuary :3

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Like the equivalent of USD 9000 per year cover me easily. I really don't spend much (no mortgage is already paid off, I spend more on donuts and junk food that going out or buying things which I rarely do, etc) and I'm often making due with a lot less than that. You'd be surprised how much you save then you reject having an active social life or significant other, money fucking pits.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Probably 150k in that area I wouldn't mind making 200-250k just because I want to live a life where I can help people with extra money

You could always just...you know...share some of the wealth...  ;) 

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I live extremely comfortably on 60kUSD a year. I am living by myself and have very few expenses. I live it what is considered a nice neighborhood and have a couple paid off cars. I could live off of 50k or even 45k and still be comfortable. 

1. How are you paying for all of this if you are disabled?

2.36500$ for gambling? Dude. That's way too much.

3. 9000$ for rent? And 4x for gambling... Dude. 

I get rougly 3k € from my parents to live per month and I'm more than comfortable with it. But then again I don't need to pay rent because I own my apartment. I'd say 50 Grand or so.

If your disabled the government will hire you. (I have an eye impairment so I count as disabled but I'm also 25% Mexican so I have a pretty good chance of being hired by the government if need be.

I need around roughly 40k per year to live. I meet that number just fine. 

meh, money is just a number

A pretty important number if you ask me...

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

meh, money is just a number

quite a bit more than just a number

Error: 410

You could always just...you know...share some of the wealth...  ;) 

i would if well, i even made any money, thats all hypothetical.

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

I got a plan for you. Move to chicago and wait until the startup ctOS. Then call youself Aiden and hack bank accounts. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Implying that money is needed to be happy. I'd be happy on a wage of £25,000 a year if it means doing something I love. 

Passion > Money. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"