Fractal Design Core 3500 Case

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1spqABd

Amazon: http://geni.us/Pxp

Our review of the Fractal Core 3500 is here. We love all of the Fractal people, and we all know that they have created a variety of fantastic cases – some of which have become industry standards. But does the Core 3500 meet the high standards we now expect all Fractal cases to achieve?

http://youtu.be/i3FqOjxn8cQ

Video still be processing, :'(

I also got second lol. :D

Edit: If Linus' new baby is a girl he needs to call her Vidia. 

And the video is up :D

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Why ae all these videos priavte/unlisted?

Diamond 5 in League :)

Solid and black, just the way Linus likes them.

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Since i saw the release of these cases i got exited but watching the reviews i am really dissapointed with fractal design, they could have done a great case but they didn't, they could made really cheap but they didn't do that either, i guess we can stick to the highlight of the video:

ounqJPR.jpg

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

So that case is basically a cheap-produced Define R4...

looks like Fractal got really lazy with this case.  LOL @ that fan controller.

You better explain yourself, Josh.....

This is conflicting because I am in the market for a new case and I am the biggest cheapskate ever so I want something with a great value that looks good but I don't  know if I can accept Fractal Designs failures with this case.

Also, Josh you need to explain yourself...

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

lol unlisted? 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

You didn't judge it enough.. The case from what I see is a complete waist money  since you can get better cases like the Phanteks Enthoo Pro for  the same price

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

KILL IT. KILL IT WITH FIRE.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Are you getting to review any of their other new 'Design Core' cases? They have a 1100, 1300 and 2500 I think. I'd be interested to know if they suffer from the same flaws, especially as I was thinking of recommending one to a friend

Are you getting to review any of their other new 'Design Core' cases? They have a 1100, 1300 and 2500 I think. I'd be interested to know if they suffer from the same flaws, especially as I was thinking of recommending one to a friend

+1

I was also considering 2500/2300 as the small slick case for as few moneys as possible...

This is conflicting because I am in the market for a new case and I am the biggest cheapskate ever so I want something with a great value that looks good but I don't  know if I can accept Fractal Designs failures with this case.

Also, Josh you need to explain yourself...

How much cooling do you need in your case? If youre fine without the top exhaust i really recommend the bitfenix neos. Its great value with fan filters and sturdy construction at like 60$. They look great too.

How much cooling do you need in your case? If youre fine without the top exhaust i really recommend the bitfenix neos. Its great value with fan filters and sturdy construction at like 60$. They look great too.

Yeah but my financial situation has suddenly changed so I am thinking of an H440 now 

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

The case looks beautiful and i wouldn't mind most of the things that Linus pointed. However the fan controller is impractical and the flex at the top of the case is the deal breaker for me.
Eitherway i was expecting something better from Fractal. 

In no way is this too harsh. A review is to point out the flaws of the product and I believe the ones you've pointed out are all valid flaws. Considering it's 2014 and the amount of experience that's expect from Fractal Design, this case is VERY unacceptable ESPECIALLY with that MSRP. I simply think those flaws cannot be justified as a compromise for the price point, especially considering the competitions out there.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K (Stock Speed)  Motherboard: Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark-S  Memory: 4x8GB Klevv GENUINE DDR3 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 550Ti PSU: Corsair RM850

I don't think the criticism was too extreme but Linus definitely sounded kind of harsh about it. Just the tone of voice, but it's not really a complaint or anything..

As someone who doesn't have hands-on experience with the 3500 I was actually very surprised because, like Linus said, this isn't something you expect from Fractal. I've recommended this to people numerous times and have actually been eyeing it for a couple of new builds myself just because of how well-built it seemed. Now I feel ashamed that I had at all.

The ricketiness of the case is what really killed it for me, but the fact that they just slapped the fan controller on in a random location is just pure ignorance in my opinion. That definitely shows us that Fractal wasn't thinking clearly with this design.

As of now, I'm shying away from Fractal and looking towards Enthoo cases again since they've been designing some cheaper, smaller ones. Thanks a lot for the video, LMG.

Nope, right on spot in my opinion. If you go too easy on the big companies they'll just try and get through with cheaping out and that's not good for anyone.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

I'm sorry Linus... when you stepped back i laughed at your shortness...

Honest opinion, this case is crap, for the price point. Get your stuff together Fractal.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I think Linus made a lot of valid points in his criticism of this case (and valid positives as well). For this price point, most of these flaws just should not exist from a company like Fractal.

Mainboard ASUS Maximus VII Hero | CPU i5-4690K @ 4.7GHz | RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x4GB | Storage Kingston V300 SSD 240GB & 120GB, WD Black 1TB HDD | GPU EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0

PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro | Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 AX240 watercooling kit / additional 2 x 140mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Blue LED fans, 1 Cooler Master R4-L2R 120mm fan