Is Assassins Creed Worth it?

Vicente Gomez

The trailer for Unity look amazing, but should I get into the series? If so, do I have to play the all the games to understand the series?

OMG it's amazing. Do it. But don't expect anything spectacular from III, it kinda sucked. The rest are great.

Play Ascred 2, see if you like that, the rest are basically all the same.

YESYESYSEYSEYSEYES

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Great series! I would recommended trying them out.

The story isn't as good after AC3, but great from 1 to Revelations, but you may enjoy the new engine they implemented on 3 and 4.

Ubisoft sort of "rebooted" the character you play as in AC4, and I'm pretty sure things will continue from there... To answer your final question, you sort of have to - but it's worth it!

Great series! I would recommended trying them out.

The story isn't as good after AC3, but great from 1 to Revelations, but you may enjoy the new engine they implemented on 3 and 4.

Ubisoft sort of "rebooted" the character you play as in AC4, and I'm pretty sure things will continue from there... To answer your final question, you sort of have to - but it's worth it!

From the ton that I've seen with 4, it looks a hell of a lot better to play than 3. 3 was boring and the engine in it sucked for climbing.

From the ton that I've seen with 4, it looks a hell of a lot better to play than 3. 3 was boring and the engine in it sucked for climbing.

3 and 4 use the same engine ...

The series is worth it. AC1 doesn't have a lot of variety, but the environment is still breath-taking. 2, Brotherhood and Revelations have the best stories, 4 has the best gameplay (IMO). All of them have outstanding environments rich in detail and historical accuracy. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

3 and 4 use the same engine ...

The series is worth it. AC1 doesn't have a lot of variety, but the environment is still breath-taking. 2, Brotherhood and Revelations have the best stories, 4 has the best gameplay (IMO). All of them have outstanding environments rich in detail and historical accuracy. 

I've only seen a couple playthroughs of 4, never played it. I did play 3 and it sucked to play on controller. May be different on pc, I wouldn't know.

Ac4 on pc was poorly optimized. I couldn't play on the highest settings on my r9 280, hopefully they'd fix it because it is a great franchise!

HUEHUEHUEHUE

worth it for sure! the first 4 games are amazing , I loved ezio & altaïr

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

I personally love Assassin's Creed. Skip AC3 unless you're really interested in the story or get a good deal for it. 

AC2 was the best IMO, I also loved AC4. AC1 and AC3 weren't so great.

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

Probably the only series ive followed religiously without even really knowing it. I only realized yesterday that on my shelf of games I have like 6+ AC games.

Don't buy them new for 60$+, they aren't worth it. Wait a few months (or if you're new to the series, go back and get them all now) for 20$ or less each. You'll get 25 hours or more of gameplay out of each and they're all awesome.

Decent series for the story but fighting is terrible, if you can get past that they are quite fun.

Don't buy them at full price. They are all the same just a different setting with a few different weapons each one. 

But then again fuck Ubisoft don't support them.

Really great games, you should check them out. I would recommend to wait until you see a sale for them.

A life lived for others is a life worth living 

-Albert E.

The trailer for Unity look amazing, but should I get into the series? If so, do I have to play the all the games to understand the series?

you havent got to play all games as i gather each has a different story atm im playing ac 4 which is pirates themed but from what i remeber the first was an assassin in training?

The assassins creed franchise went downhill after that guy patrice who also worked on prince of persia quit/was fired in the middle of brotherhood coz apparently he had a crush on that chick who was already married.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).