Different Fans for pushing and pulling?

I can't seem to find the direct answer to this question. I would like to try out the Corsair Fans.

Right now it's all a mix (mess?) of different types, vendors and speeds.

What I'm wondering. For my 60mm thick radiator, should I use SP Fans for pushing and AF fans for pulling?

The reason I wonder this is because the AF Fans would pull air into the Case where it is pretty open space.

Case: Fractal Design Define XL R2

I got two rad's in my setup:

280x140x29 at the top with two Fans

240x120x60 in front with push pull configuration

Other Fans:

140mm Fan at the back.

Rob

Don't use different fans in push pull. On a rad, the more powerful fan will wear out the weaker one. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Don't use different fans in push pull. On a rad, the more powerful fan will wear out the weaker one.

I also found in the automotive world anyway, that people used to put two different electric fans on their cars radiator, the stronger fan would stall out the air going through the slower fan and the car would overheat.

Use the same fans :)

I also found in the automotive world anyway, that people used to put two different electric fans on their cars radiator, the stronger fan would stall out the air going through the slower fan and the car would overheat.

Use the same fans :)

Even when they're side by side?

Even when they're side by side?

Nah, like in push pull.

If you have the stronger fan in front, the air has nowhere to go because the weaker fan can't keep up, so the air stalls and cooling is compromised.

If the stronger fan is on the back, it's trying to pull more air than the weaker front fan can provide, causing a slight vacuum, and again, cooling is compromised.

Nah, like in push pull.

If you have the stronger fan in front, the air has nowhere to go because the weaker fan can't keep up, so the air stalls and cooling is compromised.

If the stronger fan is on the back, it's trying to pull more air than the weaker front fan can provide, causing a slight vacuum, and again, cooling is compromised.

I figured that much, was just wonder if it effected side by side fans on it.

Thanks Guys. SP Fans on both sides it is then. :)

Rob

By the way. In a pull-only config, would AF fans be better?

Rob

SP would be better,

You want the most cfm/H20 xx =mm you can get from the fans if fitting to a rad. Linus has some good vids about the pros and cons of push vs pull.

While the benefits of one vs the other are minor its the dust etc that should be a factor in your case build.

CPU: I74770K @ 4.2, MOBO: ASUS Z87 EXPERT, RAM: CORSAIR VENGANCE PRO 16G @ 1886, GPU: EVGA DUAL FTW GTX 780, CASE: NZXT H440 WHITE, STORAGE: 840 EVO 120GB (OS), 1TB SAMSUNG 7200 RPM (MASS), PSU: CORSAIR RM750, DISPLAY: DUAL LG/ACER 1080p LED, COOLING: H100i, STOCK CASE FANS, ACCESS: RAZER DEATH ADDER + GOLIATH PAD, WHITE SLEEVED CABLES, UV LEDS.

By the way. In a pull-only config, would AF fans be better?

Unless the fins are really, really far apart, SP fans will always be better for a rad. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.