What happened with my fitting?

Ok, So I was screwing down a Swiftech 45deg G1/4 Adapter into a block, just as I was beginning to tighten it, I heard a crack and thought my block had broke but was amazed to find the fitting and connector sheared off. I managed to get the end out using pliers. I bought these fittings at Specialtech. Am I entitled to a refund or was it my fault? It appears to me as if it were metal fatigue.

post-53276-0-45603100-1405022693.png

post-53276-0-38949600-1405022701.png

post-53276-0-45603100-1405022693.png

post-53276-0-38949600-1405022701.png

§ ragedev.net §

Always use bitspower fittings. Much higher quality and looks way better too.

You should be able to get a refund, this was not your fault.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You should be able to RMA it becauee it's defective. Stores don't usually refund watercooling gear, only exchange under warranty.

I only use Bitspower fittings as well.

Always use bitspower fittings. Much higher quality and looks way better too.

You should be able to get a refund, this was not your fault.

I would have used bitspower however I couldn't find any compression fittings with a hexagonal design. I need something easy to clamp on to otherwise I end up ruining the fitting like I did the last circular fitting I had.

§ ragedev.net §

I would have used bitspower however I couldn't find any compression fittings with a hexagonal design. I need something easy to clamp on to otherwise I end up ruining the fitting like I did the last circular fitting I had.

You're supposed to use needle nose pliers with a cloth around the fitting to tighten them. Most of the tightening should be done by hand anyway.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Using tools is not recommended because of overtightening. They're supposed to be "finger-tight".

Bitspower fittings have a ridged ring for you to grip with your fingers, no need for tools.

Did you put a spanner on the flats? That's a paddlin'