Nvidia fans might change sides

jecho

I will attest to this ^+1. Every nvidia card I owned has had inferior IQ and AA filtering as compared to the AMD cards I have used.

Every Nvidia card? Remember the 480? How it stomped the 5870 with heavy tessalation + AA? the only thing it did worse was texel fill rate. Please don't make meaningless generalisations like that.

Yes in Fact the GTX 670 is the card that I compared it to. The GTX 670 look the same as the GTX 275.

wat.jpg

3x Dell U2412M |Silverstone FT03 | Maximus V Gene | 3770K @ 4.5Ghz 1.2V | SLI GTX780 | Mushkin Ridgeback 8GB 1600 CL7 | Corsair AX760

On the driver side of things, recent NVidia update for Metro Last Light is causing random crashes with League of Legends (reportedly). There is no news article, but a lot of chatter about players getting consistent crashes after updating.
I only know this because a friend with a GTX 680 (who never had problems), suddenly started dropping out of queue a week ago...

Anyway, I hope they fix this since LoL IS THE MOST POPULAR GAME IN THE WORLD and doesn't even require a dedicated GPU to run....

'Fan' is just another word for 'stupid'.

elaborate?

So many posts here saying "fanboy" equals "fan" equals retard. But its not >.< Being a fanboy who trying to force his opinion and showering the competing brand in dirt and willing to spend enormous amount of money just for the name is really bad. Loving the company, being a fan of its style and products, but having no hard feeling about competing brands is absolutely normal, i'd say even ideal. We all have our preference in say milk brands, cause one might have a cuter cow on a package, but milk is milk you know.

One word "Marketing" nivida is king at "Marketing". It's the sizzle that sell the steak kind o thing.

You are completely delusional. I would explain why you are wrong but my words will just fall on deaf ears anyway. Please just stop with the incessant bashing, it's getting really old.

3x Dell U2412M |Silverstone FT03 | Maximus V Gene | 3770K @ 4.5Ghz 1.2V | SLI GTX780 | Mushkin Ridgeback 8GB 1600 CL7 | Corsair AX760

Anyway, I hope they fix this since LoL IS THE MOST POPULAR GAME IN THE WORLD and doesn't even require a dedicated GPU to run....

i lol'ed.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

FXAA is cleaner, but if you play a game that doesnt support tesselation (any game that is DX10 or under) then SSAA is best.

another benefit of FXAA is that when you are far away from an object is cleans the edges better and stops the stepping effect more effectively 

FXAA is designed as an option for people with really low end Video cards that could normally not run any AA at all without turning things into a slide show. FXAA actually blurs the image and lowers the image fidelity but it does fix some jaggies. imo I rather use no AA than FXAA.

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

elaborate?

So many posts here saying "fanboy" equals "fan" equals retard. But its not >.< Being a fanboy who trying to force his opinion and showering the competing brand in dirt and willing to spend enormous amount of money just for the name is really bad. Loving the company, being a fan of its style and products, but having no hard feeling about competing brands is absolutely normal, i'd say even ideal. We all have our preference in say milk brands, cause one might have a cuter cow on a package, but milk is milk you know.

Nvidia and AMD are corporations, their ultimate goal is to make money, they're not your friends and you do not owe them any sort of loyalty. If they make a competitive product that you find agreeable then you pay them for it, the relationship should end there. If the relationship doesn't end there then you're either an employee, or you're someone doing an employee's job for free, in other words; someone stupid or a fan.

bitcoin mining hasn't been around for long, when i say workstation GPU i mean like render farm graphics cards and from my experience the Nvidia Quadro series sistered with a Tegra GPU outperform any AMD Firepro graphics card.

Ryan Shrout from PCPer said on one of his live streams that his entire team uses FirePro cards because they are considerably faster than their Nvidia Quadro equivalents.

also everyone knows that when it comes to bitcoin mining you can only go so fast so there is little point in going with most high end graphics cards.

If you dove into crypto-currency mining you wouldn't be saying that, because that's not the reality at all.

Most mining farms have 6 to 10 7950s or 7970s on them, & those are the two highest end cards from AMD.

I'm pretty sure people will start using 7990s now that the card has been released.

statments that the 7970 outperforms the 680 by "448%" without proof is kind of silly.

Click on the percentage "448%" it's a link.

You seem to have pre-judged AMD based on whatever knowledge you might have that seems to me from what you've been saying to be mostly inaccurate. All I'm trying to do is educate you if you're willing to accept it & educate anyone that comes across this thread with an open mind.

Most of your previous claims were inaccurate & provided evidence to prove it, if you're going to have a discussion with someone then accuse them of not providing proof without yourself providing any evidence, that's going to lead to an impotent discussion .

I buy the best value for money card that my budget can afford.

Last time around that was a 7950.

The only loyalty I have is to my wallet.

Nvidia uses FXAA dastardly on the 600 series+, it requires more performance to run stably. as the 7950 doesn't use FXAA as it uses SSAA which doesn't use as much horsepower on the graphics card.

FXAA works better with tesselation

SSAA works better with textures

Again this is completely false, FXAA is short for "Fast Approximate Anti Aliasing" it's least intensive anti aliasing method & it offers the least quality.

It leads to image blurring & that's why it's the least favorite form of AA. It works on all AMD & Nvidia cards.

SSAA is short for "Super Sampling Anti Aliasing" this is the most intensive form of AA & provides the highest image quality of any AA method.

It is also supported on all AMD & Nvidia cards.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/03/20/tomb_raider_video_card_performance_iq_review/#.UZqsIthXuAc

Anti-Aliasing : There are four options for AA in Tomb Raider. Off, FXAA, 2X SSAA, and 4X SSAA. FXAA has a very low performance cost, and is viewed as an alternative in case no other aliasing options are available. It adds a blur to textures, objects and terrain that is sometimes unacceptable to players. We look at this as an alternative to having no AA enabled. We also have Super Sample AA available at 2X and 4X. This is widely considered to be one of the most effective forms of anti-aliasing, however it has a very high performance demand.

SSAA & FXAA quality comparison :

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/03/20/tomb_raider_video_card_performance_iq_review/7#.UZqsddhXuAc