Many many fakes in G3 giveaway

kuzimins
Go to solution Solved by Luckris,

He filters by IP anyway, so most alts will be caught 

@LinusTech, i hope you have filtered out those guys.

Just look at the last page. 1 post, just registered.

Didn't know where to put this, so general is fine.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Just because they just registered doesn't mean they are fake. I'm sure some are, but most 1 posters are mostly people who watched the video and signed up because of it. That is mostly a good thing because it gets more people on to the forums which is a better place for conversation than the crazy Youtube comments. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

These aren't fakes they are just there because they only registered for the giveaway. 

They won't i think, although it would be nice.

Interested in Business and Technology

Just because they just registered doesn't mean they are fake. I'm sure some are, but most 1 posters are mostly people who watched the video and signed up because of it. That is mostly a good thing because it gets more people on to the forums which is a better place for conversation than the crazy Youtube comments.

Does it get more people? Yes.

Does get more of the people you want? That's a big idkmaybe

Error: 410

Well, it gets more email addresses...

Also, I might have 3 posts?, but I've been watching this for years, so not everything is fake. I had to use the forgot password link to apply for this. So, no I'm not a regular poster, but I could tell you more linus-lore than most on this forum.

These aren't fakes they are just there because they only registered for the giveaway. 

You dont have to be on the forum to be a Linustech fan.

And they log out instantly after commenting. Fans? Seems like fake to me. Idk.  

I wonder if they can check out ip's for these guys.

They can. They said it once. 

Anyways, it's not like we have a good chance of winning either way. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Ye, its bad if people make multiplate accounts :/

I'm a fake. Don't hate.

I wish the videos could somehow be commented on by both youtube users and forum members, but with the option to hide youtube comments for us. :D  The ratio of decent people to jackrabbits on the youtube comments is like 1 for every 100.

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

He filters by IP anyway,

What about those who use a VPN, whether for 'privacy reasons', 'poddle faking their location' or 'just because'?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

He filters by IP anyway, so most alts will be caught 

I hope they get disqualified. :)

Quite complaining if they watch Linus and this prompted them to join the forum then i'm all for it. :)

What do you mean by this? Obviously you have a large misinterpretation of the word 'fake'.

You're just pissed off that you have less chances of wining.

Linus knows how to run giveaways and promote his forum by doing so. So stop bitching about it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

What do you mean by this? Obviously you have a large misinterpretation of the word 'fake'.

You're just pissed off that you have less chances of wining.

Linus knows how to run giveaways and promote his forum by doing so. So stop bitching about it.

Obviously you know nothing and came here to ruin something with a stupid post. Did i bitch about something?

I told people something i noticed.

I really thought you are 12 after reading your comment.

I'd just be interested in knowing how long the winners have watched one of the LMG channels and whether or not they continue to do so.  I feel like that would be a better gauge in how effective these contests are in drawing in more members.  If the number of viewers and subscribers aren't really increasing, then maybe it would be better add in restrictions.  On the other hand that adds more work and complications for LMG and we know they have a enough on their plate to deal with.

Well i am one of those people , or should i say was , since now i have 2 posts. And to be honest i would say , that the purpose of the giveaway was to promote the forum .
Also , if restriction where made , i believe that most wouldn't bother signing up. So that would ruin the whole purpose of the giveaway.

Did i bitch about something?

I told people something i noticed.

bitch biCH
verb
gerund or present participle bitching
  1. express displeasure; grumble.

And they log out instantly after commenting. Fans? Seems like fake to me.

example right here^

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

bitch biCH
verb
gerund or present participle bitching
  1. express displeasure; grumble.

example right here^

You don't seem to understand me. Too bad English is not my native language, or you would get wrecked :)

you would get wrecked :)

I think it's time you get off the internet now...

Spoiler