LG G3 more info

spooley

Been thinking about buying an android phone but wasnt sure about stock android, the video Linus got me really excited about the LG G3 because of the added features for multitasking and detailed changes that I can make, it truly gets me excited for a bigger screen than my iphone 5

5.5 in screen being to big?

-Typing one handed on a phablet? Yes they have created a way for you to push the keyboard to the side so that you can easily type one handed, left or right handed is a option as well.

-when you rotate the phone you can also split the keyboard like you do on the ipad 

yellow tint/brightness

-The brightness is lower than the htc m8, so it wont be as bright outside

-I wouldn't mind the yellow tint, i use f.lux on my pc's and love how it reduces the eye strain for when i do gaming for hours on end in the dark

Camera

-the "Selfie" camera has some cool features

---raising your hand and making a fist to create a countdown

---if you enable the "flash mode" for the selfie side it adds a bright pink color to the screen so it will lighten up your face to help

-dual mode, not sure if its on all android phones but its cool because you can enable both cameras for quick and easy video recording. So you wouldnt have to worry about that extra person missing from all the family videos 

Guest mode

-You can get it setup with the knock code for a guest mode so that you can limit your friends and family with what they can view with the quick passcode. 

Apps

-yes removing the apps has a few more steps, but it also allows you to hide the apps that your retarded carrier puts on your device

-You can also change the icons themselves so you can have customized icons for you phone, niche feature, but wonderful when your ocd about things matching 

Cons

The heat issue

-This is a pretty big concern especially when using the gps feature with the phone because when the smartphone gets hot it will either shut off the app (like shooting 4k content) or keep the brightness from going to the max amount (usually prevents from going above 80-95%)

Camera

-low light has shown that it has some problems keeping up

-the slow mo feature jaggies that Linus pointed out, not a deal breaker for me since i dont take tons of footage

-long term its freighting to see a phone already having a heating issue since over time they usually get worse 

Bottom line it seems like a solid phone, just wish they used a more standard 1080p screen for better battery life and possibly fix or help the overheat issue thats happening. 

-love built in option for wireless charging and qr codes, is the big pull for me to get an android phone.

Sources:

http://pocketnow.com/2014/06/14/lg-g3-review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaLzjSDG5Pc