poll: do chairs deserve their own topic or not?

BenD

you are correct :P and i'm pushing this untill they ban me! :P

gogogo i agree, then make new acc and do it again!! :D

CPU: Amd fx 8120 3.9ghz...Motherboard: Asus m5a97 evo R:2.0...RAM: 8gb 1600 kingston hyperx blu...GPU: XFX R9 280x ...CASE: Nzxt h440...

HDD: Kingston adata ssd 500 gigs, wd blue 500gb...PSU: Corsair gs700...Monitors: Asus vk222h Cooler: Noctua nh-d14...Keyboard:coolermaster masterkeys m...Mouse: logitech g300...Headphones: Logitech g430

if we cant get our own section for laptops i dont think chairs deserve one either....

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

if we cant get our own section for laptops i dont think chairs deserve one either....

but its chairs dude who cares about laptops chairs are the way to go man! 

CPU: Amd fx 8120 3.9ghz...Motherboard: Asus m5a97 evo R:2.0...RAM: 8gb 1600 kingston hyperx blu...GPU: XFX R9 280x ...CASE: Nzxt h440...

HDD: Kingston adata ssd 500 gigs, wd blue 500gb...PSU: Corsair gs700...Monitors: Asus vk222h Cooler: Noctua nh-d14...Keyboard:coolermaster masterkeys m...Mouse: logitech g300...Headphones: Logitech g430

titles say it all,

i want to start a topic that focus only on chairs.

some little young mod. decided it "fits" in "show of your set up"

almost everything else has it own's corner.

you sit in your chair for hours, you sit at your desk for hours.

I strongly believe it deserves it's own section. on the condition it's only about chairs,  nothing else.

Vote for your stand of view.

(yeah, i'm pushing this as far as i bloody can)

oddly enough i seem to keep seeing chair threads moved to the modding section on the forum I have tired to get a few moved back but gave up on it all some time back lol

Did you try for a topic just for laptops? or a section?  it's like I said, everything in a computer has a section , laptops should get a corner a whole section for fuck sakes! but i ask for one topic, just anywhere.

but its chairs dude who cares about laptops chairs are the way to go man! 

Come on man, you can't do that, it's about not just about chairs. It's about every thing that matters for us nerds. Laptops are a big market, they actually deserve it more then chairs. The forums needs to be expanded.

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

When I read "topic" I assume "thread" (see the url of this page - linustechtips.com/main/topic/176121[...]). You just created a topic.

If you mean subforum, as in a place for multiple threads, then perhaps there is space for a "chairs, desks etc" (tech furniture?) subforum, but I highly doubt that it will be implemented in the near future.

If you mean section, as in a group of subforums, like "Computer Hardware" is, then nope.

HTTP/2 203

When I read "topic" I assume "thread" (see the url of this page - linustechtips.com/main/topic/176121[...]). You just created a topic.

If you mean subforum, as in a place for multiple threads, then perhaps there is space for a "chairs, desks etc" (tech furniture?) subforum, but I highly doubt that it will be implemented in the near future.

If you mean section, as in a group of subforums, like "Computer Hardware" is, then nope.

i just wanted a topic, just for chairs, but like a tiny little furniture section, that would be great a great thing. People do build desk pc's! and when they spend so much time on a desk pc, they don't want to sit in a 5€ lawn chair.

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate

Did you try for a topic just for laptops? or a section?  it's like I said, everything in a computer has a section , laptops should get a corner a whole section for fuck sakes! but i ask for one topic, just anywhere.

Come on man, you can't do that, it's about not just about chairs. It's about every thing that matters for us nerds. Laptops are a big market, they actually deserve it more then chairs. The forums needs to be expanded.

Laptops have a corner under mobile devices, just make your chair thread in off topic it will be safe there

Mobile Devices
Phones,Tablets,Laptops,Etc.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

plis :'(

i just wanted a topic, just for chairs, but like a tiny little furniture section, that would be great a great thing. People do build desk pc's! and when they spend so much time on a desk pc, they don't want to sit in a 5€ lawn chair.

When you say topic, do you mean "thread", "subforum" or "section"? I thought that post made it clear that your request was ambiguous.

PS. if you mean thread, just go ahead and make one.

HTTP/2 203

you are correct :P and i'm pushing this untill they ban me! :P

LOL, do what you got to do bro, honestly though I have mixed feelings about the chair thread. I was exited when i saw the thread this mornning and was going to take pics of my office chairs, so you could say I was onboard for your thread, but at the same time, it kind of crosses the "Show your setup thread", becuase in that thread you are suppose to show all your setup including your chair, so I could see why your thread got taken down, but at the same time I know why you put the thread up this mornning and I also agree with that a little to. It would be nice to have indovidual threads about certain parts of our setups, for an example, I really liked the "The show off your peripherals thread."  but it never got the same attention that the "show your setup" thread did and never got pined or reconized which is really disapointing.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

LOL, do what you got to do bro, honestly though I have mixed feelings about the chair thread. I was exited when i saw the thread this mornning and was going to take pics of my office chairs, so you could say I was onboard for your thread, but at the same time, it kind of crosses the "Show your setup thread", becuase in that thread you are suppose to show all your setup including your chair, so I could see why your thread got taken down, but at the same time I know why you put the thread up this mornning and I also agree with that a little to. It would be nice to have indovidual threads about certain parts of our setups, for an example, I really liked the "The show off your peripherals thread."  but it never got the same attention that the "show your setup" thread did and never got pined or reconized which is really disapointing.

I've been browsing the "show off your setup" thread, and it might as well be in "build logs" it just about tech stuff, your monitors, headphones/headset , pc build. or your goddamn posters on the wall. every few 10 pages or so, a chair does show up, but that thread grows so fast, nobody even gets the chance to ask about it. 

Again, i'm maybe pushing to hard on this, but this does not belong in "show off your setup" , this is not a monitor, and if you don't have chair you like under your ass, you will be wanting a chair under your ass you like. And people forget this. I work in construction, i have put my ass on a concrete floor in the winter many times, a lawn chair would've been great at that time, people are just to goddamn spoiled :)

i would like a desk / accessories topic like desk chair lighting etc

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

I've been browsing the "show off your setup" thread, and it might as well be in "build logs" it just about tech stuff, your monitors, headphones/headset , pc build. or your goddamn posters on the wall. every few 10 pages or so, a chair does show up, but that thread grows so fast, nobody even gets the chance to ask about it. 

Again, i'm maybe pushing to hard on this, but this does not belong in "show off your setup" , this is not a monitor, and if you don't have chair you like under your ass, you will be wanting a chair under your ass you like. And people forget this. I work in construction, i have put my ass on a concrete floor in the winter many times, a lawn chair would've been great at that time, people are just to goddamn spoiled :)

That agree with you big time, everyone is more into showing there rig then what the thread is really about and that is your "inter setup". I stopped going to the "Show off your setup" thread becuase of this, I just go straight to the build log section now and look at everyones builds that way :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I'm confused here.

Do you mean a thread like the one we are in, a sub-forum like this or its own category like this?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Yes, someone should start the "show off your chair" thread. 

Rig specs: 3930k | 32GB RAM | GTX580 | Asus PB278 | Corsair K90 | Logitech G700 | HD558's 

I'm confused here.

Do you mean a thread like the one we are in, a sub-forum like this or its own category like this?

i want it to be in a sub forum, but like a pinned topic. OR , like someone else said, a furniture sub forum and then just see have a few pinned "show off" topics, and then the usual need advice in this or that topics.

there have been multiple topics about peoples chairs (including this one).. good to post every once in a while i guess, but unless your asking for a sticky (which would be stupid) i dont honestly see the point in this thread.  

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

@Tsuki

THE WHEEL OF TIME SERIES! :wub:

i want it to be in a sub forum, but like a pinned topic. OR , like someone else said, a furniture sub forum and then just see have a few pinned "show off" topics, and then the usual need advice in this or that topics.

That would be a rather empty sub-forum. It would be better off as a stickied topic someplace.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I 'stand' on this matter & say nay..

Details separate people.

@Tsuki

That would be a rather empty sub-forum. It would be better off as a stickied topic someplace.

yeah, but i'm aiming for a pinned chair or furn. topic somewhere :)

yeah, but i'm aiming for a pinned chair or furn. topic somewhere :)

Well why don't you create one and ask a mod to pin it somewhere suitable (I guess probably here but I don't know).

HTTP/2 203

@Tsuki

emptier than the home theater thingy, idk man nobody goes there

I say a thread/topic for chairs, desks, stands, ect.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

No, just no

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.