Cost for a Ad-Free experiance

Hello!

I'm going to be starting a website (blog / web store) and I'm going to of course have advertisements on it. So Im here going asking you how much I should charge for a ad-free experience for a month?

Thanks.

Looking for a Programming Project take a look here!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/407332-looking-for-a-project-idea-start-here/

How about $1,000. :P

Okay, seriously, probably about $10 - $20 TBH. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

'Bout $3.50

You seriously expect someone to pay for no ads on a website that nobody will go to?
Adblock is free you know...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Hello!

I'm going to be starting a website (blog / web store) and I'm going to of course have advertisements on it. So Im here going asking you how much I should charge for a ad-free experience for a month?

Thanks.

Maybe around $3.5 or $5.

i'm a potato

It really depends on a website. If it's a video streaming website like youtube, it might sell, but like

You seriously expect someone to pay for no ads on a website that nobody will go to?

said, adblock is free. I personally don't use adblock so I can actually "support" youtubers and companies that depends on ads. 
If it's a new website, you have to promote it to be successful anyways. 
Consider that after you have a good income base from advertisements.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

webmasters have to pay for hosting somehow...

Hello!

Thanks.

but Enderman is right, you should offer something else with it.

What will you have in the store ?

Starting a new site these days is getting harder and harder, so many people are doing it, what makes your site better/different from the rest ?

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

-

-

He would make more money off the ads than charging people $10/mo for no ads

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

He would make more money off the ads than charging people $10/mo for no ads

You cannot say that for certain. Especially with ad blocker being used by more and more people.

Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

You cannot say that for certain. Especially with ad blocker being used by more and more people.

Exactly. If people don't want the ads they just use adblock instead of paying $10...

I mean seriously, how often will you be going to the site to look at giant intrusive ads? I go to LTT hundreds of times a day and I don't even notice the ads.

Spoiler

Exactly. If people don't want the ads they just use adblock instead of paying $10...

I mean seriously, how often will you be going to the site to look at giant intrusive ads? I go to LTT hundreds of times a day and I don't even notice the ads.

Thats why in my first post I said "you should offer something else with it." so people are paying for something else as well. :D

Addon Customs -

webmasters have to pay for hosting somehow...

but Enderman is right, you should offer something else with it.

What will you have in the store ?

Starting a new site these days is getting harder and harder, so many people are doing it, what makes your site better/different from the rest ?

1. Hunting accesories.etc - Clothing.
  2. It wont be ugly like all the other hunting websites :Phttp://hornandfin.com/ - http://www.deerhuntingbasics.com/ - http://www.elk-hunting.org/ - Random few that I found

Thats why in my first post I said "you should offer something else with it." so people are paying for something else as well. :D

What should I offer with it?

Looking for a Programming Project take a look here!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/407332-looking-for-a-project-idea-start-here/

1. Hunting accesories.etc - Clothing.
  2. It wont be ugly like all the other hunting websites :Phttp://hornandfin.com/ - http://www.deerhuntingbasics.com/ - http://www.elk-hunting.org/ - Random few that I found

What should I offer with it?

I don't know a lot of hunting, you will have to spend money before you start gaining money.

This is an example of what I would do.

Monthly subscription will come with these perks, and cost around $2.50 per month.

• No Ads
  • 1x raffle ticket to win an item that costs $10 or store credit (1 winner picked every month)
  • 1x raffle ticket to win an item that costs $100 or store credit (1 winner picked every year)

These are if you also have a forum.

• More space to store private messages
  • Access to a private forum section
  • Different color name 

things like that, I hope this has given you some ideas. :D

Addon Customs -