Sony recruits sheep to film the Tour de France

Dietrichw

Source

Source2

sheepcamhero.jpg

When watching a gang cyclists chase someone in a yellow jersey (aka, the Tour de France) we're used to seeing the action from bike- or car-mounted cameras. But we've all come away disappointed, never truly knowing the tournament from the ovine point of view (some say, the only point of view for cycling). To tackle this, Sony has kitted out a flock of five from Harewell Hall, Harrogate with Action Cams so they can grab grass-roots scenes of the race. The publicity stunt might not result in world-class footage, but it does mean we get to tick "gallery of camera-wearing sheep" off the Engadget bucket list.

Why use sheep and now cows or horses? Is it to show how good their image stabilisation is or something?

is this a troll or real?

or just a win? because that's F***ing awesome.

Since when did "troll" replace the word "joke"?

Why use sheep and now cows or horses? Is it to show how good their image stabilisation is or something?

Since when did "troll" replace the word "joke"?

meant troll as in a parody article. to make people believe things that are not really true. Like there was one to increase the voting age i believe, and a bunch of people believed it. so yeah its a joke, but Id consider it a troll. 

is this real though?

THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS!!!!!!!

Its all looks these days

Nxt they will put cameras on the grass lol so you can get ant view ;)

Its all looks these days

Next thing you know, China is going to start manufacturing sheep by the millions. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

When I read the thread title, I thought it said 'Sony recruits iSheep'.... oops....  :lol:

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

His fingers are way to close to that sheep's anus for me to remain comfortable viewing the situation, I'm fairly confident that qualifies as a reach around.

Behold as I make my ring finger disappear:

sheepcamhero.jpg

Well, at least they're finally doing something innovative?

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Behold

When I first saw it it didn't do it for me, then I saw after the hat and wand were added and I lol'd!

And after the winner gets a few lamb chops.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

When I first saw it it didn't do it for me, then I saw after the hat and wand were added and I lol'd!

I knew something was missing...

Can't take all the credit though, the look on your mans face really does it for me.

Behold

When I read that "Behold" I instantly thought of something... In a way it's semi-related to you post (Puppet's).

I will just say AMV Hell. Nothing more.

However, on topic;

Wat. I have no idea what they were thinking when they thought this up. If the sheep are just standing still and minding their own business, then I imagine them getting horrible footage, at best.

I can't believe nobody has said that it's a "baaaahd idea" yet.. 

dis1_zpse53f3e5f.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"