LG G3 Review and.... TWENTY-FIVE Phone Giveaway?!

The best thing i like about the phone is the fact that you can customize the animations and the interface to an extent that I haven't seen on any other phones!

I like the way it isn't my terrible phone... It also looks fabulous!

Favorite feature had got to be those sexy thin bezels and the incredible screen resolution!

Hi,

my favorite thing about the G3 is thin bezel = cool looking phone B)

The thing i like about this phone is how it has a taste of vanilla android and it has many tinkering features, that i love so much. 

my favorite THING? how does one even possibly name one favorite thing? welp, in this case I'm going to have to try!

if you don't mind I would like to add a bit more to my post than only my favorite thing.. mainly because I haven't figured it out yet anyway, but if not in interest to that just scroll down to the bottom of my post! :)

---
so I currently have a Lumia 920; yes.. a windows phone. I'm fairly new to the world of smartphones, but consider myself to be.. pretty geeky. until lately it's mainly been the PC side of tech I've followed though.

at first sight the LG G3 looks AMAZING! the downside to that is that if I'd own one and put my G3 down on a table with other people's folks, one would steal the G3 without even noticing the rest.. darnit ._.

the 2.5K screen res I do find to be overkill, but as long as it doesn't influence battery life too much it shouldn't be a negative thing.

the 5.5inch screen size should actually be exactly what I can single-handedly operate.. my fingers are rather lengthy! xD my 920 is a good reference point; the only thing I'd need to change is to let the phone reach a bit further below my actual hand. typing-wise 5 inch should be more than enough, but then I do find myself watching livestreams on my phone a lot and the extra size & pixels (I'm currently on 1280x768) should definitely be handy!

buttons on the BACK instead of the side? genius. freaking genius. this doesn't only make taking photos easier, but it'll also be a lot more convenient!

I hadn't opted for an android phone yet, because I was new to the whole smartphone thing and found smartphones to be annoying and difficult to get used to. Windows Phone 8 definitely was the option for me for that reason. soon after I started using my 920 a lot however, I got used to it crazy fast and the past while I've kinda been feeling like android may become an option. I'd call myself an advanced Windows user, as I know how and where to go about changing things, fixing most issues and such.. but the lack of customization there-offered makes me sad.

the same can be said about my WP8 phone. it's perfectly fast and smooth, even after 1.5 year of use without resets, but there are so many things I want to change but just can't. I suppose you could hack the OS or download a custom version.. but I already don't feel comfortable doing that on PC, so am I really going to do that on a phone? I.. I don't think I would really consider that. seeing the G3 has so many options to choose from, so many things to tweak and change; it has really got me drooling now (.. well, nearly. I'm not THAT gross!). one (if not the) favorite OS-feature for me that you mentioned is the resizable keyboard. like heck yes! that's been way overdue! people spend LOADS of time typing on their phones - I think the keyboard's experience should therefore be as good as possible; seriously man.

and um.. multitasking? watching videos while chatting? oh my.. what am I even still using this 920 for?! I've always loved my 920 Linus.. look what you've done now. ._. just.. just review like Walkmans and LP players and Dreamcasts or something instead ._. .. actually not the Dreamcast either, please. but for real, as someone currently owning a triple 1080p monitor setup, it's quite a setback to only be able to do 1 thing at a time when the monitors aren't in reach *sighs*

.. is it weird I actually like the way you have to hide/uninstall apps on the G3? it's the same principle as on my 920 and I find it to be very efficient. it's probably a little odd for android users though!

glad to see the quick&easy video/photo mode-switch, similarly to my 920. seeing my current phone IS my camera, I couldn't imagine being set-back on that one; it should be a quick, smooth and easy experience.

---

CONCLUSION TIME!

after putting this all down and giving it some thought, I think my favorite thing about the G3 is...

the crazy multitasking and high customizability! ... I guess those are 2 things, but amongst a lot of great features and all the improvements over my current Lumia 920, I'd say these 2 definitely stand out most.

As you may or may not have read, I love to be able to customize stuff. my Windows desktop is all awesome'd up as well, with a custom wallpaper and a couple small programs to vastly improve Windows by adding small much-needed features. I'll try adding an attachment to give you an idea.

if I REALLY have to opt for one favorite thing, I have to go with the multitasking. it just blew me away how you were capable of doing things like watching a video and chatting at the same time on a phone; smoothly even! I really do want that on my next phone, whatever it'll be. I'm really hoping to be among those 25 very winners, but who knows - people are going to massively join in on giveaways of the latest high end geeky stuff.. no doubt about that one! :P

there is just one thing left for me to say.. or 2, actually. 1) seeing my nickname has "LovesKPOP" in it (K-Pop = Korean music), LG is Korean and this very G3 version is Korean as well... it kind of has an extra value to me that way as well... haha. anyway, for number 2) I'd like to thank you, LG and anyone else involved for this awesome giveaway. I don't generally join in on giveaways, but I think this one's definitely worth my time.

THANK YOU  //  감사합니다  :)

promised screenshot (using my screenshot tool to make a screenshot of me using my screenshot tool xD): http://ultraimg.com/jQIi

PS: tool is called Lightscreen. examples of other great tools are PNGoptimizer (copies selected PNG files and reduces filesize (generally 5-30% smaller) while retaining their quality) and DamnVid (video downloader, can also save streaming video + download & convert at the same time). #IfAnyoneIsEvvenInterestedTheyWillReadThisToo

I enjoy living the K-life :) A life filled with K-Pop, and other awesome aspects of the K-culture. The 'Korean Wave' is real yo :)

I absolutely love the Quad HD 1440 x 2560 screen, as well as the extremely thin bezels that surround it.  :wub: :D 

My favorite part is the display. Men is 2560x1440 that is freakin awesome

I like how small it is compared to other phones with a similar screen size.

My favourite feature is the ability to resize the keyboard!

I have the G2,and the keyboard can take up half the 5.2" screen!

I also love the pop up text messaging. It's a brilliant feature! Read and reply without leaving your current app! :D

I really like that the buttons are on the back. So many times have I accidentally hit the side buttons on my current phone.

Favourite part about it being the screen. Lots of potentoil there

I love the way LG incorporated running 2 apps at one time. It goes hand in hand with the quick response for messages. I have yet to find a phone/software that suits my use. Thanks for the videos! I love watching reviews and Linus is the one who convinced me to buy the Intel Pentium G3258..... <--- will be my new ITX build  :D

Best part is the finger twinkling, I really liked it. :) 

I love how clean the front and back of the phone looks. The overall design of the G3 is very attractive.

Gotta say dat screen is my favorite part about it! And the buttons on the back is a close second  ;) I cracked 2 phones trying to reach the buttons...

I love the thin bezels and that its an android. I've been wanting to get and android again after I switched to an iPhone. The only other android device I had was the Sony Xperia Play which was extremely shitty.

That screen resolution is crazy. Rear buttons are a good idea too. Would love this phone if I got it.

I like the HUGE 2560x1440 530 PPI or whatever, haha. Awesome phone. 

I like the huge customization options the most.

Good luck to everybody in the giveaway.

;)

My favourite features have to be the 1440p screen and the buttons on the back!

I like the wireless charging option and preaty nice quality build. I could have this one :")