Samsung Note 3 VS Samsung S5.

X1XNobleX1X

Hello Forums,

I have narrowed down my selection to the Note 3 Or the Samsung S5.

Both have redeeming features.

Note 3:

Larger Screen

Pen - I would probably never use this. 

S5

+

Heart Rate monitor

Better camera

Fingerprint scanner

Faster phone overall.

-

Smaller Screen

HTC One M8.

+

Metal body

Better UI skin

-

Not as well known brand.

Don't like the home and back buttons are on the screen.

Horrible Camera

I'm still unsure which one to get.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

I say HTC one m8.

Or moto x

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

no samsung. please. gone through so many samsung phones that have died to the shit build quality.

grab a HTC one M8, LG G3 or Xperia Z2.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

One M8, I believe the Note 4 is due in the next few months too...

Hello Forums,

Heart Rate monitor

Better camera

Fingerprint scanner

Faster phone overall.

HTC One M8.

+

Metal body

Better UI skin

-

Not as well known brand.

Horrible Camera

I personally don't like what manufactures have to do to their beautiful phones just to pass a water-resist ratings. But it can become handy, but never good looking.... and why do some people compare Nexus 5 to Note 3? They usually seem different phones to me overall. From these 3, i would go for m8. It is actually a known brand now, and has been for a while. The home buttons seemed.... difrent to me when I got my Nexus 5 and 7, but they actually work rather well overall. You can accidentally press them on tables in landscape, but they make multitasking better than samsung. Sense on the older touchwiz you had to hold the middle button for the task list. This is easier now though.

Too long, didn't read? Long story short, the M8 is one of the best. It is well known, and the onscreen buttons are just fine, speaking from experience. 

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

I'll choose the One M8 or just wait for the Note 4, i also really like the Xperia Z2 but that's just me.

Nexus 5 is better than any of those phones

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

I say HTC one m8.

Or moto x

no samsung. please. gone through so many samsung phones that have died to the shit build quality.

grab a HTC one M8, LG G3 or Xperia Z2.

One M8, I believe the Note 4 is due in the next few months too...

Three to One M8?

Interesting, why?

I understand it has a better body construction, it that all?

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Rumors for the note 4 show a very beastly phone. Id say wait for that as thats what im going to do.

Three to One M8?

Interesting, why?

I understand it has a better body construction, it that all?

Genrally good build quality, has flawless reviews from many and its a sexy device. But I love my Nexus 5, similarly to @Lord Gaben. And as @Arshdeep said, the onscreen buttons  aren't a big deal, I personally quite like them, especially with the new 'L' Android (Which yes i'm running and loving.). Eitherway, your choice, go play with them in a phone store and see which you prefer!

Hello Forums,

Note 3:

Larger Screen

Pen - I would probably never use this. 

S5

+

Heart Rate monitor

Better camera

Fingerprint scanner

Faster phone overall.

-

Smaller Screen

HTC One M8.

+

Metal body

Better UI skin

-

Not as well known brand.

Horrible Camera

every thing you know about these phone are completely wrong.

HTC have been on the phone game way before samsung has. 

both the fingerprint scanner and the heart rate monitor are broken and does not work at all.( look at  any decent review on the S5)

on dynamic screen buttons are much better than the static one on a Samsung phone.

yes the camera is not that good on the M8

S5 is not faster than the M8 or the Note 3 all three have the same processor in it.

same one as the nexus 5 and almost all the flagshios out there. 

bottom line.. dont get the S5 or the Note3.  either wait for the Note 4 or get HTC one (M8) or Xperia Z2 or the G3(but G3 is not much better than the S5) 

Rumors for the note 4 show a very beastly phone. Id say wait for that as thats what im going to do.

Yea i'm somewhat intreged, my contract is up for renewal at the end of the year, but then it feels like I only got my Nexus 5 last week (Bought it over Xmas), love it, brilliant phone. AND LOVE THE STOCK ANDROID! No extra crap installed or constantly reinstalling like my Samsung Tab Pro.

Nexus 5 is better than any of those phones

i have used both the nexus 5, Xperia Z2, Moto G, and the HTC one M8... the most fun i had with a phone was the MOTO G. GO figure.. but if i was to pick one to use on a contract id go for the Z2 any time. 

Yea i'm somewhat intreged, my contract is up for renewal at the end of the year, but then it feels like I only got my Nexus 5 last week (Bought it over Xmas), love it, brilliant phone. AND LOVE THE STOCK ANDROID! No extra crap installed or constantly reinstalling like my Samsung Tab Pro.

Tbh Im leaning toward samsung because of a very particular feature. Being someone who uses multiple monitors from home the work, I just cant live without a sizeable screen with multiwindow (currently using note 2). However im not too much a fan of the touchwiz skin and am currently running the google now launcher (stock) over touchwiz giving me the best of both worlds; features without the skin.

I recommend you wait for the Note 4 instead, or get the G3, but if you need to get something now, S5 is good

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I would go with the s5 or the HTC one. The note 3 is amazing and I love it but the note 4 is coming out probably around October ish.

If I were buying a phone today I'd get the note 3 or wait for the note 4.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

I'm a Samsung fanboy (apparently); and I love Samsung enough to memorize the specs of these devices.

S5:

5.1" Super Amoled HD display at 1080p (the best smartphone display on the market @ displaymate)

Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC/Samsung Exynos Octa 5422

Adreno 330/Mali-T628

2GB RAM

ISOCELL Camera (Best camera on a smartphone)

Loads of smart features

IP 6/7 certification

Fingerprint scanner

Heartbeat monitor

Note 3:

5.7" Super AMOLED HD @1080p (S5's display is better)

Qualcomm Snapdragon 800/Exynos Octa 5420

Adreno 320 vs Mali T-628

3GB RAM

13MP camera by Sony

Older version of TouchWiz

Pressure sensitive S-pen with smarter utilization (split screen, popups, etc)

Better looks (my opinion)

I'll say go with the Note 3 if you like the immersive display, or the S5 if you like it's capabilitys better. The performance differences aren't that significant between the two since the SoCs were upgraded slightly. The S5 might be better since it's newer. (Newer = faster software updates, better support). I'll personally go with the S5, but my daily driver currently is a Note 3. Both are fantastic devices, while I'll never reccomend an HTC because (well). The M8 has an aluminum unibody design which is slippery and is less durable compared to polycarbonate.

THE NOTE 4 RUMMORED TO BE A KING IN TERMS OF SPECIFICATIONS, AND WILL BE UNVEILED AT NOVEMBER 2014! WAIT IF YOU CAN!

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

You should get the note 10.1, it has a bigger screen which is great for movies and multitasking, a giant battery for great battery life........ Bad joke huh?

I'll say go with the HTC One M8 since HTC was the manufactuer of the very first Android phone and has always had appealing phones that has a good overall package.

I'd go for the Note 3, since it has more RAM.
Like a lot of people are saying though, the note 4 will probably be announced in September and come out in the following months.

When good phones are coming out like two or three times a year you might as well wait and have the newest of the new.

Dream-phone: USB type-c (3.1), 1440p, 5-inch, removable battery, 32gb RAMdrive, sd card slot, stock Android, transparent atomic purple build, 9050 mah battery, waterproof AF, nuclear powered, ac wifi is fine.
                           OR a one-of-a-kind iphone that runs Android.

I'd go for the Note 3, since it has more RAM.

Like a lot of people are saying though, the note 4 will probably be announced in September and come out in the following months.

When good phones are coming out like two or three times a year you might as well wait and have the newest of the new.

I read somehwere today, it's due to be announced very early September, not long to wait... honestly, as many others have said, either grab a M8 or wait for the Note 4.

What are you going to need/want on your phone? If it's the camera than the Xperia Z2 is no doubt the best. If it's the design/sound then the HTC One M8. 

I don't know if I should recommend any Samsung Android phone, because they have a lot of useless bloatware and Touchwiz got bad reviews.