Smart Toilets

Dietrichw

Source

tooshlights.jpg

Well, restroom wait times are getting drastically reduced at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles thanks to a new stall indicator system from Tooshlights (yes, that's really the name). Inspired by the city's parking space lights in its garages, the company is applying the same logic to public restrooms at arenas and music venues

the tech ensures attendees don't overlook open stalls, contributing to missed action outside. In addition to the red and green lighting scheme, Tooshlights is also working on a software component that can be piped into a venue's app, showing where the shortest lines are around the facility. As you might expect, it also monitors use, alerting staff that a toilet being avoided at halftime may be in need of attention.

ummmmm nice I guess, It is actually pretty cool that it will alert staff to clean or fix a stall if a stall is being avoided. 

You could always knock or something, y'know. The stalls in my high school were often broken, so I did have one incident where a guy almost barged in. Yes, very awkward to say the least and sorta, kinda funny looking back.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

"Inspired by the city's parking space lights"

I hope it's not using the exact same technology though. That would be unnecessary. All you would have to do in this case is to make it so that it lights up red when the door is locked.

Oh wait, there are already doors with indicators on them that do this... Soo pointless invention.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I was expecing some kind of awesome techological witchcraft toilet that wiped my ass for me or something not a damn light above the door to let the whole world know that yes I am in here dropping dukie steer clear.

Haven't the locks on toilet doors had red for locked or 'ENGAGED' on them since like 1920?

This idea had to of been thought up by a council consultant:  someone expects to get paid to solve a problem that doesn't exist with a solution that costs more to install, maintain and run.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Smart condoms are now inevitable.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

If you forget to charge them they don't work.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Only real thing I could see a smart toilet could do is:

- Measure how much liquid is being poured in (pissing), along with how much paper is being used and use just enough water to flush and recycle.

- Measure the chemicals of the contents and tell you a brief medical dianosis - stop eating *insert item*, start drinking more water . . . .

- Send those results to a docotor to potentially speed up doctor visists.

- Self cleaning bowls and seat

Couldn't they just combine these with the dis-infecting ones they currently have?

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Er... What would they do besides act as protection and balloons? 

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

You could always knock or something, y'know. The stalls in my high school were often broken, so I did have one incident where a guy almost barged in. Yes, very awkward to say the least and sorta, kinda funny looking back.

But what about the time when your using 'the can' despite them knocking, and being told its occupied they still make eye contact through the crack of the door?  That is pretty awkward too. happened many times.

Er... What would they do besides act as protection and balloons? 

with swipe technology and the right app they could change your neighbors channels.

Actually this might have unintended consequences: as someone who has been to a good share of raunchy places and bars, bathrooms are usually a good place to find people providing all sorts of illegal services that mostly includes the selling of drug products and one's own body.

-------

Current Rig

-------

with swipe technology and the right app they could change your neighbors channels.

Using "smart condoms"? I really don't want to know what that would be called... "Quick claw"...

I was expecing some kind of awesome techological witchcraft toilet that wiped my ass for me or something not a damn light above the door to let the whole world know that yes I am in here dropping dukie steer clear.

Haven't the locks on toilet doors had red for locked or 'ENGAGED' on them since like 1920?

Frick, sounds you want the the baby power treatment to go along with it. :P

It's an interesting technology, but I don't see it taking off soon.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

Bobs Burgers is all I have to say.

(Please tell me someone knows what I'm talking about)

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

Okay, What happened to these ?

indicator_lock_toilet_lock_turning_lock_

And of course : - No power consumption /  No electricity Use.

- really low build cost

- Harder to destroy  (No cut wires, no destroyed OR burnt lights).

Edited by SirPaul

That and those lights could backfire if someone was colour-blind. ^_^

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

Can't wait till they add the yellow bio-hazard flashing feature (for those that don't "clean up" properly).

Then a flashing red for when stuff ends up outside the perimeter. (fecal urine or puke)

Many other factors to be considered besides someone is in there as to when to avoid a stall.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I can think of one way to avoid a stall....

All I can say is "Thank God I don't use public bathrooms". :lol:

I guess this (referring to the bit about the "avoided stalls") will improve the restrooms to semi-decent levels of good hygiene. But that's assuming too much of the staff and that the stalls would be avoided due to poor hygiene...

My thoughts exactly.

People need a blinking light to tell them that someone else is occupying a stall? Doesn't the locked door and little red switch already tell them that? -_-

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |