Windows 9 Preview Expected For End of the Year

GoodBytes

Linking to an outdated wikipedia page or toms hardware article listing problems with vista is not evidence, you can find a list of issues with just about any product, especially when it's software on initial release.

No one here is defending it, we are just not hating on it unjustly.

Actually no, I linked to a poll. If you don't think Vista had many more issues than average, then I don't know what to say.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I just skimmed through the major TLDR in the last page, and I noticed that someone said that newer OSes should be faster than the old ones. 

Ok then, Was XP faster than 98? Was 98 faster than 95? Was 95 faster than 3.11? 

No. By that logic, I'm gonna run win8 on my 486 and it be faster than DOS. That's basically what you are trying to do running Vista on a P4.

They should be though. You don't think Linux has gotten faster? You bet your hat it has. Windows has grown to a 20GB monstrosity and Linux is a 300MB lean hunter.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

They said Windows Vista + 7/8 was going to be targeting as "A Gaming platform for Power Users"

Because... Marketing

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

win 7 was 09

vista was 06?

if windows seven was released in 2009... and vista was in 2006..... and windows 8 in 2012...... and windows 9 in 2015!!!

2009-2006=3

2012-2009=3

2015-2012=3

3 year time gab for 3 releases.

3.... Microsoft is illuminati.

HL3 Confirmed 

They said Windows Vista + 7/8 was going to be targeting as "A Gaming platform for Power Users"

Because... Marketing

How is windows 7/8.1 not a good gaming platform

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

if windows seven was released in 2009... and vista was in 2006..... and windows 8 in 2012...... and windows 9 in 2015!!!

2009-2006=3

2012-2009=3

2015-2012=3

3 year time gab for 3 releases.

3.... Microsoft is illuminati.

HL3 Confirmed

everyone else figured that out a long time ago you derp XDDDDD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

They should be though. You don't think Linux has gotten faster? You bet your hat it has. Windows has grown to a 20GB monstrosity and Linux is a 300MB lean hunter.

Can't run the newer versions of Ubuntu on my P4, so not really.

Also it seems that Windows comes with more out of the box, but that's more of  a first impression, I havn't spent that much time with linux.

Oh yeah, and 300mb is too small. Most distros I've tried are over a few gigs. 300mb might be a light version.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Can't run the newer versions of Ubuntu on my P4, so not really.

Also it seems that Windows comes with more out of the box, but that's more of  a first impression, I havn't spent that much time with linux.

Oh yeah, and 300mb is too small. Most distros I've tried are over a few gigs. 300mb might be a light version.

Sorry. 300MB is RAM. Nearly all distros are sub-3GB though.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Actually no, I linked to a poll. If you don't think Vista had many more issues than average, then I don't know what to say.

If you read my posts you'll note I never said that, I in fact said quite the opposite, that vista had issues big enough to send enthusiasts back to xp.

I don't agree with the cycle myth either.  It seems to be an urban legend that its not actually reflected in reality.  I have used dos, 3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, 98SE, ME, 2000, vista, XP, 7 and 8.  The very first release of all of these OS's had small issues, for some like the vista, 95 and 98 versions the issues were large enough for enthusiasts to revert back to the previous versions (which usually meant they did not use the updated versions of said os's and skipped completely to the next one), however corporate and professional users did not.  After the initial bug fix each version has been just as good as the last.  

This has been my personal experience with large IT infrastructures over the last 2 decades.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

If you read my posts you'll note I never said that, I in fact said quite the opposite, that vista had issues big enough to send enthusiasts back to xp.

Sorry. It's a bit of a mental strain to hold up lengthy conversations like this with two people at a time. I believe the other guy said it. I'm really sorry. I don't have anything against you personally.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

How is windows 7/8.1 not a good gaming platform

I didn't say that it isn't.

However... every release of Windows from Xp and up..

They promise more than they give.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz