Apple now updating Maps data every day with user-submitted corrections

Ever since the Apple's own mapping app debuted, it has had an option to report incorrect POI data to Apple. Until recently, however, it seemed that those reports were simply going to an unmonitored inbox to make users feel like they’d done something to help

Ever since the app debuted, it has had an option to report incorrect POI data to Apple. Until recently, however, it seemed that those reports were simply going to an unmonitored inbox to make users feel like they’d done something to help

According to a new post from the Redditor, the Maps application recently started downloading new, corrected POI data once a week. Now the application checks for this new information every single day. The updates are pushed to iOS devices at 3 AM eastern time (midnight in Cupertino).

It seems that in the past few weeks, Apple has made a serious push toward clearing up outstanding reports and fixing issues quickly once they're reported.

Source: http://9to5mac.com/2014/06/29/apple-now-updating-maps-data-every-day-with-user-submitted-corrections/

Let the griefing begin.

Don't be silly. In my experience, Apple maps has more detailed maps than Google maps. The only area that Google maps excels at are curveball searches and unusual POI.

I hope this means less people get lost in the bush.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Or in the sea.

I was coming from Bulgaria and someone in the car said "Oh,I can use my iPhone as a GPS"!

It was him and me(with iGo on my phone).After 2 hours, his iPhone told us to turn right into the sea.Literally.We were on a beach and the iPhone told us to go into the sea.

Lol.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

apple maps 2.0 is leaps and bounds better than the debut maps. and the only this miss are small stores and POI. this could help alot

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Or in the sea.

I was coming from Bulgaria and someone in the car said "Oh,I can use my iPhone as a GPS"!

It was him and me(with iGo on my phone).After 2 hours, his iPhone told us to turn right into the sea.Literally.We were on a beach and the iPhone told us to go into the sea.

Lol.

Fortunately when you see the sea, you know not to drive into it, but In Australia when the GPS says turn up this road then turn up that road and you end up in the middle of a state forest on a 4x4 track (that's when they usually realise the map is wrong) and your lost,  people have nearly died following those maps.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Apple maps has seriously been on the ball lately, and it doesn't start using location services for no reason unlike GMaps (to the point where I canned GMaps entirely) 

I see what you did there.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III