Really Slick/Linus? Captcha!?

Misanthrope

I'm always logged in, even excluded the cookie for the LLT forum to make sure they don't get erased when I clear my history...

So hopefully I'll never see this captcha. (why would anyone be such a scumbag as to want to DDoS a random forum on Tech... go after Reddit or something)

Are you using Firefox, Misanthrope ? Linus and slick are reporting issues of getting disconnected all the time from the forum with FF30. Though I personally am on FF30 as well and have zero issue to report, be it login issue or flash issue... Might need to reset firefox to default setting if old configs somehow interfere with the new one. Access them in " about:support ".

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Ddos attacks seem to be in fashion these days, got a couple on some CSGO servers and BF3 servers to. As for the captcha. Pleaseno.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

As I recall, @linusforsell mentioned this issue a while ago. The issue will be that cloudflare will have probably marked your ip or region as being an attacker location, so require you to prove that you're not a DoS bot. This is a layer before the forums, and there's not much that Linus or @Slick can do AFAIK because it's cloudflare rather than the forum. Where are you in the world, out of interest?

Ps. If you could send me the page source (I'm not on my pc right now but on ff I think it's right click->view page source and I'm not sure for chrome) I would love to look at it to allow detection of it in the ltt notifier.

HTTP/2 203

5 motherfucking times I've been asked now, apparently if I close the chrome tab it will ask me if more than a few minutes pass, fuck this shit I'm out of here until this is resolved.

Sounds like an issue with your cookies. 

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

5 motherfucking times I've been asked now, apparently if I close the chrome tab it will ask me if more than a few minutes pass, fuck this shit I'm out of here until this is resolved.

Evidently I've been flagged as an attacker for some reason I cannot close the tab for more than a few minutes without being asked again and again and again (It's been like this all day, each time without fail) 

So if LinusTech or Slick or any Admin decides to remove me from the attacker list on the cloudfare side (Or let me know if I inadvertently did something to trigger this other than using 3 different IPs within a few minutes due to power failure in my house) I'll gladly come back to entertain you with lame jokes, bad temper and nasty language, but if this doesn't happens or I don't come back to look and you want a more personal berating or whatever, you can tweet me @The_Misanthrope

kthxbye sadly.

c32c6ab749ce206e89f5b6f850387d9d6c0d94b6

too soon?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

The forum isn't hosted by SquareSpace. The LMG website is, but the forum is hosted by Cloudfire.

Cloudfire is a massive service that is DDoS'd by hundreds of hackers. Any site using cloudfire can go down but they've held up pretty well so far

The forum isn't hosted by CloudFlare as CF has no hosting options; they're a CDN however they do partner with a number of hosts to conveniently and efficiently deliver content globally.

Evidently I've been flagged as an attacker for some reason I cannot close the tab for more than a few minutes without being asked again and again and again (It's been like this all day, each time without fail) 

So if LinusTech or Slick or any Admin decides to remove me from the attacker list on the cloudfare side (Or let me know if I inadvertently did something to trigger this other than using 3 different IPs within a few minutes due to power failure in my house) I'll gladly come back to entertain you with lame jokes, bad temper and nasty language, but if this doesn't happens or I don't come back to look and you want a more personal berating or whatever, you can tweet me @The_Misanthrope

kthxbye sadly.

CF will display the message/ask for the input if you are assigned an IP inside a specific block they determine. I will have a look into your IP range and see what we can do however I am not making any promises as to whether it can be resolved.

I thought there were ways of getting around it?

I'm sure I've seen something that renders the captcha completely useless

Don't server/website hosts come with a anti-DDOS software or something? Usually people do it by sending lots of packets to the same IP, many times if server notices that the requests are sent multiple time per second it will just not send the packets and DDOS is prevented? Correct me if I'm wrong please... And with what is Linus hosting the forum?

CF will display the message/ask for the input if you are assigned an IP inside a specific block they determine. I will have a look into your IP range and see what we can do however I am not making any promises as to whether it can be resolved.

I appreciate the efforts. I tried IE and got the same results (mozilla as well) but my phone using chrome mobile on Android can enter the mobile version of the site just fine and it's off the same IP (same router at home). Ran malware bites, restarted, tried rebooting all network devices at home of course, let me know if I you need more info I'll try to keep up with my phone.

Is there a specific address I can use to force the mobile version on the computer btw? 

-------

Current Rig

-------