bioshock on the blade :D

Swndlr

today for the first time I actually used the blade for a graphic intense game and it faired well (thank lord :D) I started the game right up and went straight to it and the blade did it well. the game was preset to medium (that's what was recommended by the system at least) and I was annoyed because I didn't want to play at 3200x1800, I didn't want all dem pixels. at 3200x1800 with the recommended settings, it was pulling through with no lower than 30 fps. usually 35-45 which is playable but still, all dem pixels were annoying me. when I went to scale it down to 1920x1080 or even 1600x900 it wouldn't let me, the game would be centered in the middle of the screen instead of stretched to fit the screen (a very small square in the middle of the screen would show the game and the rest, was about 60% of the screen's real estate was black), I was upset because it did this and I don't know how to play the game at a different res without it doing this, I did it all in attempt for the dem extra fps (trying to reach 60+)

anyone know why it wouldn't let me play at a downscaled res? because it would make the fans run quieter and generate less heat probably and tbh, I don't need to be playing bioshock at a near 4k res :/

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I did.

I. don't. need. all. dem PIXELS.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Put down the settings and play on the native resolution 

okay so i took your advice and scaled down the settings and the game still looks fantastic and runs smoother at the native res with the lower settings. the high res takes away the point of having ultra settings for certain games imo. thanks for the guidance! :D <3

Btw here is an advice for you with the Blade: If you ever find yourself wanting to turn down the resolution of your monitor for a game then never ever downscale it to 1080p.

It will work and all, but it will look quite blurry as the pixels are blending into each other. It's like playing a game in 1680*1050 on a 1080P display. It just looks janky.

When you turn it down to 1600*900 though it is exactly 4 times lower resolution which means that each pixel fills exactly the space normally used by 4 pixels in a square :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300