The Ti-84 Plus | 4x GTX 780ti's in SLI | 4930k @ 5.0Ghz | 900D | Liquid Cooled | Ax1500i (Now with Quad SLI! New 3DMark)

"If something I say doesn't go as planed I simply claim it to be sarcasm, that'll fix it"

Well... that could work.

But in all honesty, I have to agree with you guys, because it does seem impossible to make 1k+, coding "websites(albeit a crappy one with no functionality whatsoever) in under 10 minutes."

However, I know this guy that paid a programmer 1k just to make a specific plugin for his server, so this might even be 67+% true.

GPU cooling for your poll :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Well... that could work.

But in all honesty, I have to agree with you guys, because it does seem impossible to make 1k+, coding "websites(albeit a crappy one with no functionality whatsoever) in under 10 minutes."

However, I know this guy that paid a programmer 1k just to make a specific plugin for his server, so this might even be 67+% true.

"If something I say doesn't go as planed I simply claim it to be sarcasm, that'll fix it"

And you're gullible enough to believe that.

I now applaud and thank you three for flooding the comments of this thread with discussion on whether my parents gave me the money to do this. I am going to admit right now that 2,800$ has been given to me on birthdays & Christmas over the last 3 years. But the rest is all what I have saved myself. 

Let me explain: 

A basic HTML website with a nice background image and maybe a tad bit of CSS to make it look nice can easily get me around 300$. Over the past two years ive sold over 10 different websites to gaming communities, and local businesses. Each one sold at anywhere from 200$ - 1200$. Total being 3,250$ after two years. 

By having been involved in owning two minecraft communities in the past few years i've been able to stock the excess donations after paying for the servers themselves. Easy right? Another 800$. 

Plugins are small, easy sales. Every plugin can sell depending on the required features at 10$-200$. Add 460$

Very, very basic neighborhood work - During the summers and spring I mow lawns(Money starts to add up after 5). And during the winters I shovel snow. Happy then? It's not all from programming I can admit. But when you live in a community of with a ton of old people it's not hard to make cash. Another 2,680$. Two years, 7 seasons. 

And the grand total? 10,190$

Believe me or not, I honestly don't care. You can make what you want of this, doesn't much matter. 

Don't mean to burst anyone's bubble but there are only two possible scenarios for a 15 year old spending this much money on computer parts.

A.) His parents bought it

B.) His parents bought it

Continue on.

Would this somehow be a better or worse actual build if I were to be 30? or 20? Please do explain. I'd love to hear more of how the only way a 15 year old being able to get money is through their parents. 

I now applaud and thank you three for flooding the comments of this thread with discussion on whether my parents gave me the money to do this. I am going to admit right now that 2,800$ has been given to me on birthdays & Christmas over the last 3 years. But the rest is all what I have saved myself. 

Let me explain: 

A basic HTML website with a nice background image and maybe a tad bit of CSS to make it look nice can easily get me around 300$. Over the past two years ive sold over 10 different websites to gaming communities, and local businesses. Each one sold at anywhere from 200$ - 1200$. Total being 3,250$ after two years. 

By having been involved in owning two minecraft communities in the past few years i've been able to stock the excess donations after paying for the servers themselves. Easy right? Another 800$. 

Plugins are small, easy sales. Every plugin can sell depending on the required features at 10$-200$. Add 460$

Very, very basic neighborhood work - During the summers and spring I mow lawns(Money starts to add up after 5). And during the winters I shovel snow. Happy then? It's not all from programming I can admit. But when you live in a community of with a ton of old people it's not hard to make cash. Another 2,680$. Two years, 7 seasons. 

And the grand total? 10,190$

Well why didn't you say so from the beginning, it's that simple. If everything you say is to be true then that's great, I count that as a self funded build. And I applaud you, manny, manny teens/kids now a days should take example in you :) An inspiration to todays teens :) 

Would this somehow be a better or worse actual build if I were to be 30? or 20? Please do explain. I'd love to hear more of how the only way a 15 year old being able to get money is through their parents. 

Because I don't believe you and I never will. You can bs on the internet all day, but at the end of the day I know mommy and daddy bought this for you. And you do too. 

Because I don't believe you and I never will. You can bs on the internet all day, but at the end of the day I know mommy and daddy bought this for you. And you do too. 

In all honesty I don't care whether his mum and dad bought it for him or not! It is a cool build which is at the bleeding edge of tech right now!

A little harsh...

--

Anyway, I'm just looking forward to watercooling his GPUs.

How the hell does it matter where he got the money for this? This forum isn't for people to fight over pointless crap like that - it's a place to enjoy tech, ask questions and learn - not be ridiculed for your decisions, abused for disagreeing with someone and interrogated over why you did something or how you did it.

The first thing I thought when I saw this was "How the f**k is he going to keep a 4930k cool at 5Ghz" not "OMFG WHAT A SPOILED LITTLE KID WITH TONS OF MONEY"

All of you who have been attacking the OP over the cost and the source of money for this rig deeply disappoint me, the fact that this is coming from me of all people should clue you into how terrible some of those here have behaved.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299