Plan out RTX 3090 build

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
2 minutes ago, LegendarySkip said:

if the Ryzen 7 7800x 3D a good CPU to pair it with

That's a fine chip, though depending on your exact video editing workflow for whether it's the best pick. Are you doing just stream highlights or are you doing full After Effects workloads, or something in between?

3 minutes ago, LegendarySkip said:

what motherboard is best for this combination? 

Whatever you can get for cheap that has the features you need. B650M-HDV/M.2 is usually the cheapest option that meets that criteria, though if you need more features you might need to go for a higher end board. 

Budget (including currency): 1400€ (not incl. GPU)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Streaming, Video Editing and Triple A Gaming

Other details : 

I have a 3090 lined up for a new PC build and was wondering if the Ryzen 7 7800x 3D a good CPU to pair it with and what motherboard is best for this combination? 

For the Rest, I'll just see what deals I can get on the second hand market, but I don't want to take that risk with motherboards.

Anybody have any experience with the big graphic cards in the Fractal Meshify C Case? 

Thanks for your help in advance 

2 minutes ago, LegendarySkip said:

if the Ryzen 7 7800x 3D a good CPU to pair it with

That's a fine chip, though depending on your exact video editing workflow for whether it's the best pick. Are you doing just stream highlights or are you doing full After Effects workloads, or something in between?

3 minutes ago, LegendarySkip said:

what motherboard is best for this combination? 

Whatever you can get for cheap that has the features you need. B650M-HDV/M.2 is usually the cheapest option that meets that criteria, though if you need more features you might need to go for a higher end board. 

Pro tip, whenever wondering about case compatibility with parts, just lookup existing builds. PCPartPicker's "See completed builds" feature is ideal for this. Find your case, scroll down to Completed Builds, select your GPU from the left. 

3090's of various models in a Meshify C: https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/Y6Crxr#g=493

As for the 3090, hopefully you're not buying new. The card is long out of production and any retailers offering it new are taking advantage of people who don't know any better. That's a $600 USD used card today.

Ryzen 7 7800x3D -  Asus RTX4090 TUF OC- Asrock X670E Taichi - 32GB DDR5-6000CL30 - SuperFlower 1000W - Fractal Torrent - Assassin IV - 42" LG C2

Ryzen 7 5800x - XFX RX6600 - Asus STRIX B550i - 32GB DDR4-3200CL14 - Corsair SF750 - Lian Li O11 Mini - EK 360 AIO - Asus PG348Q

2 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Pro tip, whenever wondering about case compatibility with parts, just lookup existing builds. PCPartPicker's "See completed builds" feature is ideal for this. Find your case, scroll down to Completed Builds, select your GPU from the left. 

3090's of various models in a Meshify C: https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/Y6Crxr#g=493

As for the 3090, hopefully you're not buying new. The card is long out of production and any retailers offering it new are taking advantage of people who don't know any better. That's a $600 USD used card today.

Sweet as, I didn't think about using that part in this way. Thank you very much.

Not buying new, no. Have found a 600€ deal on eBay, so just planning out the rest of the PC around it.

3 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Are you doing just stream highlights or are you doing full After Effects workloads, or something in between?

Just getting to learn the ropes, so its pretty basic for now. But the plan is to build up to more complex style and work load