The Ti-84 Plus | 4x GTX 780ti's in SLI | 4930k @ 5.0Ghz | 900D | Liquid Cooled | Ax1500i (Now with Quad SLI! New 3DMark)

MainHead.jpg

[3DMark]   |   [GPU-Z]   |   [CPU-Z]

Parts%20List.png

CPU: Intel i7 4930k Overclocked @ 5.0 Ghz

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780ti SC w/ACX Cooler  & EVGA GeForce GTX 780ti (x4 in SLI)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws-Z 64GB (8 x 8) DDR3 2400Mhz Quad Channel Kit

Mainboard/Motherboard: Asus P9X79-E WS

Power Supply: Corsair Ax1500i Fully Modular 80+ Titanium

Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 900D

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (x2 No Raid) & Seagate Barracuda 3TB (x2)

CPU Cooler: Custom Loop

Rationale.png

CPU: The extra cores and threads on the i7 4930K made it a clear choice to me due to a lot of the different applications I use being designed to utilize multiple threads. 

GPU: When I originally purchased the system the Titan Black was still a rumor and wasn't released. The 780ti was the king of all GPUs and because it was both the best gaming GPU on the planet while at the same time offering 2,880 CUDA cores I truthfully couldn't see any better choice.

Memory: My old system had 32GB of DDR3 1600Mhz memory and while that is a significant amount I ended up constantly running out due to the sheer number of applications and services I had running on a normal basis. I figured that it would be good to double up on the amount and get memory with a higher but not insane clock speed. 

Mainboard/Motherboard: The P9X79-E WS was the only board I could find with support for 4 GPUs running in SLI at PCI-E Gen3 x16. And that combined with the excellent build quality of Asus workstation boards made it an easy choice. 

Power Supply: At first I had an 80+ Silver Thermaltake ToughPower 1350W Semi-Modular power supply and while it was functional, the level of noise, the horrible cables, and the lack of it being fully modular convinced me that it would eventually have to go. So now a few months after the initial build I have now replaced it with the Corsair Ax1500i. Now, I can't say enough good things about it. The Corsair link software is surprisingly easy to use and the power supply itself being completely silent is also a plus. 

Case: It's a 900D, cable management is easy as hell and the room for radiator expansion is incredible. Enough said. 

Storage: The Samsung 840 EVO is a reliable, fast SSD. Cant say more than that.

CPU Cooler: Better temps, looks better than an H100i.

Images.png

To see all images taken of this build please see the update logs for links to update-specific images or click here to see the full Google Drive shared folder.

Peripherals.png

Monitor(s): BenQ XL2420Z, Some shit LG IPS Panel.

Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/Cherry MX Red Switches

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013

Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD900X

Mic: Blue Snowball

Temperatures.png

CPU Idle: 24C

CPU Load: 51C

CPU Idle(5.0Ghz): 43C

CPU Load(5.0Ghz): 79C

GPU Idle: 38C

GPU Load: 73C

Update.png

- Initial Build

- Purchased Parts

Image Lib: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7RC3ZmMXHO7VVBwc3NtalVZYzg&usp=sharing

- Cleaned up cables

- Added BitFenix Alchemy LED light strips

Image Lib: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7RC3ZmMXHO7ZW5XelZJb0tzNEU&usp=sharing

- Fixed Office

- Relocated computer

- Organized part boxes

Image Lib: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7RC3ZmMXHO7eXJ3aDB1MDNFT3c&usp=sharing

- Added Liquid Cooling Loop for CPU

Image Lib: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7RC3ZmMXHO7VkdnckZ3aC1iUGs&usp=sharing

- Added Ax1500i

Image Lib: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7RC3ZmMXHO7VVptampfVHYwQXM&usp=sharing

- Cleaned office again..

- Cleaned shelves and re-organized the part boxes

- Re-Added light strips

- Cleaned cables.. Again

Image Lib: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7RC3ZmMXHO7TlJZbTM1eGxBTXc&usp=sharing

- Benchmarked Quad SLI

- Updated 3DMark Score

- Updated CPU-Z link

Image Lib: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7RC3ZmMXHO7RW9QYm00ajMzdzg&usp=sharing

Prices.png

CPU: Intel i7 4930k Overclocked @ 5.0 Ghz - 620.28$ 

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780ti SC w/ACX Cooler & EVGA GeForce GTX 780ti (x4 in SLI) - 3355.52$

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws-Z 64GB (8 x 8) DDR3 2400Mhz Quad Channel Kit - 859.71$

Mainboard/Motherboard: Asus P9X79-E WS - 533.39$

Power Supply: Corsair Ax1500i Fully Modular 80+ Titanium - 481.48$

Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 900D - 374.49$

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (x2 No Raid) & Seagate Barracuda 3TB (x2) - 1,439.36$

CPU Cooler: Custom Loop - 737.53$

Monitor: BenQXL2420Z & Shit LG IPS - 682.61$

Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/MX Red Switches - 171.19$

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 - 74.88$

Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD900X - 321.00$

Extras(Light Strips, Fans, Fan Controller): Extras - 189.11$

Windows 8.1 Pro(OEM): 248.24$

Total(With NewJersey's 7% tax...): 10,089$

ToDo.png

Bench Quad SLI using the 780ti from my Lan Rig

Liquid cool the GPUs

Upgrade to X99 & DDR4 Memory on Launch

Switch to Case-Labs SMA8 case

Buy a full sleeved cable set from Lutro0-Customs

Get Additional Monitors

Additional%20Notes.png

While I have to admit at the initial purchase I made some bad choices and I do admit the cable management was probably a disgrace since then it has been corrected.. twice and the system to date performs extremely well. I am also aware of the fact that I mixed two Corsair stock fans with two Noctua NF-F12s. I hate the way it looks and will probably be replacing them all with Noctua Industrial Fans or Corsair SP120's. Lastly I am open to all suggestions pertaining to how I could improve the build, what I should/could do differently next time. 

And for those that have already seen this build, originally before I added the custom loop there was a massive spam of comments asking why I didn't from the start have one. The simple answer is that I figured that no, it was not a necessity and that I would rather have a more powerful system from the start and add a liquid cooling loop later than step down to something like 780s or two 780tis and have a full loop from the start. 

The banners used in this thread were provided by Rumikarimu all credit goes directly to him, you can find his avatar and banner shop here

Just curious, and maybe I missed something, but why are you naming it after a calculator?  :D

It was originally a joke made by one of my friends when I asked what they thought I should call this rig. But it kind of stuck so, here we are... 

wow crazy build.  Should last you a long time.  You going to watercool the GPU's?  why do you have two of the same mobo's? (on the shelf) and 4 x 780ti boxes?  You planning to run Quad SLI?  Must have some crazy FPS in shooter games.  Planning to upgrade to 4K monitors?

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

wow crazy build.  Should last you a long time.  You going to watercool the GPU's?  why do you have two of the same mobo's? (on the shelf) and 4 x 780ti boxes?  You planning to run Quad SLI?  Must have some crazy FPS in shooter games.  Planning to upgrade to 4K monitors?

Yes I do plan to watercool the GPUs once I have the cash to do so. One of the two mobos are defective, in the process of arranging an RMA. The 4th 780ti box is for the one I put into my Lan Rig, but I do plan to throw it in the main system to bench Quad SLI at some point. And no, I have no intentions of upgrading to 4K. I do not believe that current day GPUs with less than 4 GB of VRam are capable of properly pushing a 4K display, and the current cost for a decent 4K monitor is ridiculous. So i'd rather invest in the Asus Rog Swift(Soon to be released 1440p 144hz G-Sync monitor) than in any 4K display at the moment.

This is so much good, dear God

[spoiler= My "gaming rig" ]

• CPU: Intel i5 2500
  • Motherboard: Asrock B75M-GL R2.0
  • RAM: 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Kingston, 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Transcend
  • GPU: MSI GTX 770 Gaming OC 2 GB
  • Case: Zalman Z3 plus white
  • Storage: WD Blue 500 GB, WD Black 1 TB
  • PSU: LC POWER 650W ATX v2.3 80+ bronze
  • Display(s): Acer V223HQ
  • Cooling: Scythe SCKTN-3000
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire TK MX blue
  • Mouse: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse

The Ti-84 plus, you say? This is certainly one hell of a calculator! What's this for, quadratic equations?  :P

0003331719206_500X500.jpg

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Damn you're rich. Use your money for gaming and heavens will smile upon yiu :)

PS: if you're upgrading you can give me your old parts :D

i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz | Stock Cooler :/ | ECS Gank Machine Z87H3-A2X EXTREME | Gskill RipjawsX 8GB 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 960 100th ME 2GB | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Seasonic m12ii evo 750W | Razer Modded Phantom 410

post-61014-0-02633200-1403822742.jpg

post-61014-0-63490800-1403822824.jpg

Looking forward to it, as I've voted towards GPU cooling ;)

Also followed, but ya' know, gotta contribute to your log.

I will kindly point you towards my banner and Avatar shop. 

If you're interested, please consider it! I'd love to see your log purdy-er-ified. 

That's hot. But then I saw the case badges. Oh god why.

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

OK, so I just went to your profile. And noticed that you are 15 GOD DAMN YEARS OLD! How on heavens earth do you afford this!? And it say's you're a program developer, so what kind of programs do you make? The only realistic answer I can come up with is credit card info stealing viruses. Because you're fu**ing loaded!

Oh, as well as it says that you are interested in electrical engineering! I can only come up with 3 possible scenarios. 1 you're a tear 1 genious. 2 your only interested in it and you are a noob programmer, but your dad pays for everything. Or 3 you have entered the wrong birth date

OK, so I just went to your profile. And noticed that you are 15 GOD DAMN YEARS OLD! How on heavens earth do you afford this!? And it say's you're a program developer, so what kind of programs do you make? The only realistic answer I can come up with is credit card info stealing viruses. Because you're fu**ing loaded!

Oh, as well as it says that you are interested in electrical engineering! I can only come up with 3 possible scenarios. 1 you're a tear 1 genious. 2 your only interested in it and you are a noob programmer, but your dad pays for everything. Or 3 you have entered the wrong birth date

WAIT WHAT. I THOUGHT YOU WERE 20+ LIVING IN YOUR OWN HOME WITH A DAY JOB OF SORTS. EXPLAIN THIS.

For businesses around my area I code VB.NET and Java desktop applications, that combined with some web programming work gives me the money to keep adding to this machine. 

WAIT WHAT. I THOUGHT YOU WERE 20+ LIVING IN YOUR OWN HOME WITH A DAY JOB OF SORTS. EXPLAIN THIS.

Should probably give a more in depth explanation on my profile.. But anyway yeah, if you look above you can see exactly how I get my money. I took an interest in programming and computers really early and started making simple shit like minecraft mods and plugins a few years back. 

What do you use this rig for?

Im starting to learn how to use the CryEngine SDK and i've already pissed around a bit in the UDK, im continuing to use it for map development in Hammer editor, web programming, desktop application development in Visual Studio + Eclipse, and I do a bit of work in after effects and premiere pro.

That's hot. But then I saw the case badges. Oh god why.

Yeah uh... kind of stuck those on at like 2am the day after I initially built the machine. Now that you mention it I should probably clean those up.

For businesses around my area I code VB.NET and Java desktop applications, that combined with some web programming work gives me the money

So are you telling me that this is compleatilly funded by yourself?

So are you telling me that this is compleatilly funded by yourself?

Yep. I've seen him code a website before. He made a website(albeit a crappy one with no functionality whatsoever) in under 10 minutes.

Yep. I've seen him code a website before. He made a website(albeit a crappy one with no functionality whatsoever) in under 10 minutes.

These days anybody can make a non-functional website in under 10 minutes with no skill required. 

In fact, these days most developers don't even need to use HTML anymore, your knowledge of how well you can build websites is all about server-side scripting and what you can manage to do with it (e.g. ASP .NET or PHP). 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

Yeah, that doesn't really answer my question does it?

Don't mean to burst anyone's bubble but there are only two possible scenarios for a 15 year old spending this much money on computer parts.

A.) His parents bought it

B.) His parents bought it

Continue on.

He explained how he did it.

He explained how he did it.

not really. he said he were a programmer, not that it made him any money. But since he haven't answered whether his parents or he funded it, it's pretty safe to say that his parents bought it all.