Crytek's Homefront: The Revolution pushes the CryEngine "to its limits,"

Gabriel

The game looks amazing better than Division imo 

There's weapon crafting and its a huge open world sandbox

check out the demo from gamespot here

Source

edit: if you're worried about it being another Watch_Dogs listen what he says at the 9:00 minute mark.

game is cool and i really liked the concept of the original but i doubt this games pushed cry engine to its knees, just look at star citizen that game not just bring it down to its knees, it has some modification in order to support the full vision of the game, that what i call and engine brought to its limits 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

well thats sounds good but when the upgrades made for Star citizen are added to the commercial Cryengine then that will change

Wtf this reminds me of like watchdogs/the division was the first homefront anything like this?

Embed a movie or something, I refuse to give Gamespot clicks.

Meh, I don't really care. Sounds like a generic shooter just from the title.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Looks identical to Crysis 3 and the fact that it's also on console means they likely can't fully unleash CryEngine, Star Citizen is probably the only playable game that nearly fully uses CryEngine other than the demo Crytek shows when they release a new revision of CryEngine.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

that looks awesome. better start saving those pennies up for a new gpu............ :(

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

So no one is going to comment on the 13:37 video play time?

Ok, I won't bother mentioning it, either.

Looks identical to Crysis 3 and the fact that it's also on console means they likely can't fully unleash CryEngine, Star Citizen is probably the only playable game that nearly fully uses CryEngine other than the demo Crytek shows when they release a new revision of CryEngine.

I think it looks better than Crysis 3. Also does anyone know when the release date is?

The first homefront was terrible , won't be following this closely.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Looks identical to Crysis 3 and the fact that it's also on console means they likely can't fully unleash CryEngine,

That's nonsense.

Crysis 3 even came out on the old consoles; the xbox360 and PS3. That didn't stop the PC build from looking amazing.

And this game is not even coming out on the old consoles. Only on the new consoles and PC...

I love the original Homefront, I'm really excited for this game. I have some faith in Crytek

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

That's nonsense.

Crysis 3 even came out on the old consoles; the xbox360 and PS3. That didn't stop the PC build from looking amazing.

This game is not even coming out on the old consoles. Only on the new consoles and PC...

I'm not saying it won't look absolutely fantastic but that it won't likely push the engine "to it's limits".

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Well you can tell that's on PS4 not just from the button commands, but the horrid textures and no sign what so ever of AA.

Correction: Okay so watched it through that's meant to be PC? What happened to AA Crytek?!

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

"to its limits"

thats total BS

how high is the polygon count ......

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Not even remotely impressed. The first Homefront game was pretty boring, and the successor is now produced by CryTek... All their games were boring, IMO. Bad gameplay, only graphical demos.

And what I see in the video, the game engine is nice, but they still do not know how to design impressive games with it.

Error 404: Signature not found

Graphics wise it looks terrible,mostly the art not the effects/polygon count,i absolutely hate that art style,call of duty like ewww.

They should have made Metro 2033/LastLight atmosphere like game,the immersion can make or break a game,thats why WatchDogs,assassins creed feel soulless games,i dont see anything intersting in the gameplay either.