Ubisoft CEO: Will improve characters Watch Dogs 2, Aiden Pearce's role uncertain

Rafy

Watch Dogs has been a great sales success, but it's also been criticised for its fairly generic characters. Are you taking on board that criticism?

For sure. We are also making sure the experience is better; at launch we had a number of small problems which have mostly been resolved now. We knew it would be polarising; some people loved the characters and some didn't. It was difficult to please everybody with that character. Now, having seen the reaction, we know what we will do next to improve that.

Can you see Aiden staying on as the lead for Watch Dogs 2?

I can't say because I don't know actually. We'll see.

Most of the characters in blockbuster games today seem to follow the same archetype: 'angry white man'...

We are working on that. We want to spend more time on the worlds and characters in our games... you will see more and more of this at Ubisoft. We'll try to be less like we have been in the past with some characters. We'll try to extend more diversity.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/468687/interviews/an-audience-with-ubisoft-ceo-yves-guillemot/

Ubisoft just keeps on digging...

Character depth is pretty low on the list of things wrong with Watch Dogs, matter of fact I'd say talking about it is just a momentary distraction at best for anyone who plays on PC.

7d1ac5d239592740b4bd5ec5298f6e75.png

I wish they'd take AngryJoe's advice. That would save the Watch Dogs IP.

They better get them shizzle together.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

What is this seriously. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Rafy thanks for posting what you did as it offers me another site to post at.  I never knew of the site.  As for Ubisoft I made it clear how I feel about them with my post on there under the article.  Still waiting on approval for it to show up though but basically I can say EA>Ubisoft right now.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Add some co-op to the game. I found that game to be very generic and plain, so I would think the only thing to make it better if they kept the same engines and mechanics (which Ubisoft does quite well), then just add multiplayer co-op to the story. I thought Watch Dogs would be a cool new IP, but playing it didn't seem all that different.

Rafy thanks for posting what you did as it offers me another site to post at.  I never knew of the site.  As for Ubisoft I made it clear how I feel about them with my post on there under the article.  Still waiting on approval for it to show up though but basically I can say EA>Ubisoft right now.

You are welcome, but I am surprised people here don't know about CVG. They have some pretty good articles.

You are welcome, but I am surprised people here don't know about CVG. They have some pretty good articles.

I was all about GameSpot for years until this past year when they made changes that made the site worse and less fun for me.  I really didn't need to look elsewhere but now have to because of Gamespot becoming worse and IGN is hardly an option as I get tired of them always trying to get me to visit their site by having boob girl in every link I see taking you to their site.  It happens constantly on Facebook.  Don't get me wrong I like boobs and pretty women but geeze IGN is just so obsessive about it.  Anyway thanks for an alternative that may work out to be better than GameSpot was in the past.

I can see the Watch Dogs Series evolve like how the Assassin Creed Game's changed. AC1 was ok, alot of cool concepts but still needed work, while AC2 was what put Assassin's Creed on the map for most gamers.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Fix the first game. I hate you Ubisoft

I was all about GameSpot for years until this past year when they made changes that made the site worse and less fun for me.  I really didn't need to look elsewhere but now have to because of Gamespot becoming worse and IGN is hardly an option as I get tired of them always trying to get me to visit their site by having boob girl in every link I see taking you to their site.  It happens constantly on Facebook.  Don't get me wrong I like boobs and pretty women but geeze IGN is just so obsessive about it.  Anyway thanks for an alternative that may work out to be better than GameSpot was in the past.

This last year? They were already dying way before Jeff Gerstmann got canned for being too honest for game "journalism" but if there was any doubt that definitely killed their credibility....back in fucking 2007

Anyway back on topic...Yeah Ubisoft is not fully and completely disconnected from their customers and they can expect a steady decline in sales (I know I won't fucking buy ANYTHING ubisoft ever again: expect my Watchdogs code sale soon if I get a card that gives it away for free) the sad part is that they will go back to stupidity like blaming poor sales on piracy or some other nonsense like that.

-------

Current Rig

-------

What a site! I talk negatively about certain products in a proper fashion and suddenly I was banned on CVG.  What a joke!  I won't even bother trying to post on that site again and will just spread hate about them like I do with Ubisoft.  It had to be the quickest I have ever been banned on a site btw.

I cannot support Ubisoft after what they did with the first game. I'm passing the Watch_Dogs franchise.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Vote with them wallets. If Ubisoft thinks they can get away with deliberately producing a sub-standard game, and the sequel ends up similarly, then that's it. Don't buy the game. 

Off topic, but that seemed extremely poorly written as well, even for an interview. I'm still baffled by what this means; " What you think the new-gen consoles will remain solely for the 'core' gamer?"... wat.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Fuck ubisoft. Honestly...a sequel...there game doesn't even work now and there thinking of a sequel

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Off topic, but that seemed extremely poorly written as well, even for an interview. I'm still baffled by what this means; " What you think the new-gen consoles will remain solely for the 'core' gamer?"... wat.

He might be referring to the fact that gaming consoles are turning into an entertainment hub, so it isn't focused on gamers, but a more broader audience. The "core" gamer won't use such features as TV hookup and Kinect, so to my best guess, to rephrase the question "Do you think consoles will be remain a gaming platform for the "core" gamer?"

He might be referring to the fact that gaming consoles are turning into an entertainment hub, so it isn't focused on gamers, but a more broader audience. The "core" gamer won't use such features as TV hookup and Kinect, so to my best guess, to rephrase the question "Do you think consoles will be remain a gaming platform for the "core" gamer?"

I reached a similar conclusion, but man! That was a piss poor way to phrase it lol.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

I reached a similar conclusion, but man! That was a piss poor way to phrase it lol.

Could just be a typo, or he misspoke during the interview and they forgot to clarify, either way it should be fixed to fit the context.

Character development was pretty shit though, even though there are bigger issues with Watchdogs.

You might also wanna look up Giant Bomb then!

Ummmm fix the first game and silly Uplay 

or Hell NO!

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400