My review of the AirLink Wireless N 150 USB Adapter

So over the past week i had been traveling through BC (i live on Vancouver island) In Kamloops i saw a "Princess Auto" and i went in there knowing they sell all sorts of crap. (Ironically only about 60% of their stock is to do with cars) To my amazment there was quite a bit of pc related stuff there, including this wifi adapter for only $12.99! Now i though this thing was gonna be crap, but it was only $13 so i said "why not!".

Packaging

unfortunately it has the worlds worst packaging..... it took me 15 mins and a knife to break into it... it came with a install CD (dident even use, im using it right now and it working great...) and a manual.

WIN_20140619_231925_zpsc26322b5.jpg

★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 3/10

Usage

The usage of this device was a bit finicky at times. It worked in some usb ports and is utter crap in other ports. This confused me, because one of my front usb ports got a 288ms ping and a .5mbps download, but the port right beside it was normal. Same thing with usb3 (yes I know this is a usb2 product, but I tried usb3 anyways) USB3 was so poopy that speedtest.net timed out… and froze like this…..

Capture_zps0c0d619a.png

★★★★★★★☆☆☆ 7/10

WiFi vs Ethernet

So when I used the right usb2 front port I got really good speeds compared to Ethernet. Now let me say this; The download and upload is more margin of error for this test, however the ping seemed to be always about 1-5ms slower than Ethernet. But either way it’s still freaking awesome.

sped1_zpsf8b0b4e3.png

NOTE: my Ethernet cord is a 50ft length running through my hallway if anyone is wondering for the testing I did, I used to just use Ethernet btw. THERE ARE 2 WALLS BETWEEN ME AND THE ROUTER AND ABOUT 34FT OF AIR SPACE.

★★★★★★★★★★ 10/10

Overall

This thing works great! For the dirt cheap price it is a steal of a deal. Sure there are better wifi adapters out there made by more well-known companies but this thing works great. I would recommend this to anyone. It got 4.1/5 stars on amazon and I would give it the official “Aiden Rating” of:

★★★★★★★★★☆ 9/10

Another great thing about this is that, it works fine without having to install drivers from the disk, on win8 (for sure) I plugged it in and it installed stuffs for about 45secs then it started working! For me this is a great bonus, it’s easy to move from pc, to pc.

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

I'm surprised that a wireless adapter could perform that good  :mellow:

Great review! :) I have some cheapo tp link wireless adapter and it sucks compared to this -_-

Life.exe is missing

I'm surprised that a wireless adapter could perform that good  :mellow:

Great review! :) I have some cheapo tp link wireless adapter and it sucks compared to this -_-

Wireless has came along way.

I get this speed over wifi. Router is downstairs, signal is going through two doors and a flight of stairs. Router located behind a chair.

3575975002.png

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15