4770K 40 degree when idle

Ok here is my temps,

post-85045-0-74593100-1403246936_thumb.p

I have a water cooling kit installed with xspc raystrom waterblock, d5 xspc pump and a RX240 radiator. I have used Arctic MX-4 thermal paste.

when checking the pump speed, it is running at, 48xx rpm.

Is it normal that the temp is 40 degree when idle ? My temp was same when I used intel stock cooler with the thermal paste that it came with

post-85045-0-74593100-1403246936_thumb.p

That can be normal depending on the ambient temperature. What are your load temps?

whats your room temperature? 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

I had the same problem when I put an xspc raystorm block on my 8350. Turned out the block had a slight concave surface, I've used wet & dry to make it flat, but am yet to try it on my build still in progress.

Note - if your block is slightly convex, that's normal apparently.

Ignore idle temps, they are notoriously inaccurate and they completely depend on your ambient temps anyway, 40c is ok for idle, nothing to worry about.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Take out your GPU and check the temps then. When I installed my 290x my idle and load temps jumped up quite a lot. I had my radiator exhausting air which meant the gpu would heat up my radiator.

Load temperatures are more important, as long as they're okay, then there's nothing to worry about.

Ignore idle temps, they are notoriously inaccurate and they completely depend on your ambient temps anyway, 40c is ok for idle, nothing to worry about.

It's inaccurate because at idle the CPU is ramping up and down between clock speeds for different loads, and so is very hard to accurately measure temperature. :) 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Ok, I will test with some load,

This is my pc,

post-85045-0-58544200-1403197236_thumb.j

From the pump, it goes to cpu waterblock and then comes down to radiator gets cooled and goes to reservoir and then to pump and it cycles.

The radiator is cooled by XSPC fans. It takes puuls air from bottom of PC.  I have two fans pulling air from front and top of the PC. And one fan pushing air from back of PC. 

My room temps are from 25-35 degree Celsius :P Malaysia doesn't have any kind of summer/winter/fall and so. And actually the tube is kind of hot when I touch it.

I will run prime 95 and record the temps and will post it. If it doesn't goes well, then I need to forget about overclocking.

attachicon.gifScreenshot (2).png

So waiting for it to go as much as it can :D

Pretty much looks like normal for your ambient temps.

Curing shitposts by shitposts

Pretty much looks like normal for your ambient temps.

Think that it is normal. Running for over 2 hour and 30 mins, and cpu temp is actually stable :o 50 degree Celsius.

post-85045-0-08612100-1403267763_thumb.p

edit:

Temp came down to 35 degree, i guess it is good then. Gonna overclock it and test :D

post-85045-0-08612100-1403267763_thumb.p