Ubisoft Explains Why Watch Dogs On PC Had Hidden Graphic Options

Rafy

I love the idea behind Watch Dogs, and I even fanboy'd over it for a while because I love technology (when it works.....), and the open-world-ish hacking theme having me so interested in it I promised myself I'd pre-order no matter what any reviewer on Youtube says.

Not doing that again.

If the team who made this game genuinely thinks that the mod could cause the game to be unstable and lack in graphic fidelity, then they are literally retarded. I've used the mod myself for the last few days and my game performs better than it did without the mod, while looking better. I'm crying on the inside because I know there's going to be some shit like this happening in the sequel, if they end up making one. They couldn't make those features work in the six extra months they had to work on the game, yet some guy on the internet manages to fix those issues within a few weeks. That's sad.

These asshats are in denial. Not giving them my money anymore.

Yeah................. so they went to the trouble of making all the textures/settings and only when it got tested did the decide to disable them... thats pure ballocks imo, What company would waste resources and leave testing like that to the very end!.... Ubisoft for new EA!

It was a lighting mod, and barely even one that made a difference

Yeah................. so they went to the trouble of making all the textures/settings and only when it got tested did the decide to disable them... thats pure ballocks imo, What company would waste resources and leave testing like that to the very end!.... Ubisoft for new EA!

The higher quality textures wouldn't take any extra effort. They're made at ridiculous resolutions and then scaled down to 1024, 512, etc.

the mod in question (which uses those old settings) subjectively enhances the game's visual fidelity in certain situations but also can have various negative impacts. Those could range from performance issues, to difficulty in reading the environment in order to appreciate the gameplay, to potentially making the game less enjoyable

BS of the year =D

10179943406_3cf589c1b6_o.gif

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

*cough* NEXT RUNNER UP FOR WORST COMPANY 2015 *cough*

oh hai

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

*cough* NEXT RUNNER UP FOR WORST COMPANY 2015 *cough*

oh hai

Time Warner Cable will always deserve the spot in my opinion. lol

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

It's not subjective, these are graphical settings that simply make the game look better. It's like AA vs no AA. AA is better end of discussion. However it does sound like Ubi is just incredibly incompetent. In terms of lack of communication within the company which is always a huge issue with companies. Still it's unacceptable. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

http://watchdogs.ubi.com/watchdogs/en-us/news/index.aspx#

I call BS, most people used the mod by "The Worse" with minimal performance impact.

THAT IS TOTAL BS. I installed TheWorse mod and i can now play on MAX Setting without stuttering while driving and smooth frames. FUCK YOU UBISOFT!

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Typical ass covering developers.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

LOL'D... Yeah Ubisoft.. yeah... **applauses** .. You know how to bring bullshit to the table!

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

No more of my money for you Ubisoft. Not until you clean up your act.

"Those could range from performance issues, to difficulty in reading the environment in order to appreciate the gameplay, to potentially making the game less enjoyable or even unstable."

Performance issues already plague the PC version... it's horribly optimized for what you get visually

Difficulty reading the environment? Like the cars and trees and people that seem to spawn 25 feet in front of you...?

Less enjoyable or unstable, yeah because the PC version is totally stable and the aforementioned issues don't detract from the experience and the joy of playing the game in any way...

Get Fucking real Ubisoft, we aren't stupid, we smell bullshit from a mile away!

Vote with your dollars friends, don't buy into Ubisoft or their hype trains.

LOLZ

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

This post made me get into a twitter fight with someone who was trying to defend Ubisoft.

That's dumb as fuck you know. :P

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

I still love Far Cry 3.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

ty6gpwD.jpg

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

I actually think that EA currently is actually trying to not be shit, Ubisoft may already be worse than them. 

We'll know soon if that's the case though.

Currently EA has made a couple jabs at Steam and Ubisoft to capitalize on the recent hate on Ubisoft and increase their reputation a little. When this hate dies down, EA will start being assholes again just like they've always been.

The dev team is completely dedicated to getting the most out of each platform Bullshit, so the notion that we would actively downgrade quality is contrary to everything we've set out to achieve Bullshit. We test and optimize our games for each platform on which they're released Bullshit, striving for the best possible quality Bullshit. The PC version does indeed contain some old, unused render settings that were deactivated for a variety of reasons, including possible impacts on visual fidelity Damn straight, positive impacts, stability Lies, performance and overall gameplay quality Yeah, improved quality. Modders are usually creative and passionate players, and while we appreciate their enthusiasm, the mod in question (which uses those old settings) subjectively Are you fucking kidding me right now? enhances the game's visual fidelity in certain situations but also can have various negative impacts Name one. Those could range from performance issues Lies, to difficulty in reading the environment in order to appreciate the gameplay Bullshit, to potentially making the game less enjoyable or even unstable.

Once again, Shit>EA>Ubisoft.

And really Ubisoft? Subjectively? The resolution and FPS is just a number comment was bad enough, but now you don't care about good textures at all? 

So much bullshit. How could anyone write that with a straight face.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

go watch totalbiscuilt response about this 

it still runs like arse, just the same kind of arse

i loled

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

The PC version does indeed contain some old, unused render settings that were deactivated for a variety of reasons, including possible impacts on visual fidelity, stability, performance and overall gameplay quality.

Go fuck yourself ubisoft, with a cactus preferably. Your game has performance and stability issues without mods. Maybe if your game worked properly in the first place this would be a valid point but it doesn't so it isn't.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X