Ubisoft Explains Why Watch Dogs On PC Had Hidden Graphic Options

Rafy

The dev team is completely dedicated to getting the most out of each platform, so the notion that we would actively downgrade quality is contrary to everything we've set out to achieve. We test and optimize our games for each platform on which they're released, striving for the best possible quality. The PC version does indeed contain some old, unused render settings that were deactivated for a variety of reasons, including possible impacts on visual fidelity, stability, performance and overall gameplay quality. Modders are usually creative and passionate players, and while we appreciate their enthusiasm, the mod in question (which uses those old settings) subjectively enhances the game's visual fidelity in certain situations but also can have various negative impacts. Those could range from performance issues, to difficulty in reading the environment in order to appreciate the gameplay, to potentially making the game less enjoyable or even unstable.

Thanks for playing Watch Dogs and stay safe on the mean streets of Chicago.

-The Watch Dogs Team

http://watchdogs.ubi.com/watchdogs/en-us/news/index.aspx#

I call BS, most people used the mod by "The Worse" with minimal performance impact.

Dude that plain SOUNDS like bullshit.

It would have been better had they said they were still working on and had some important bug fixes, and that the graphic "mod" would be patched into the game later.

Make the game unstable, ok yeah, I can understand that, but

the mod in question (which uses those old settings) subjectively enhances the game's visual fidelity in certain situations but also can have various negative impacts. Those could range from performance issues, to difficulty in reading the environment in order to appreciate the gameplay, to potentially making the game less enjoyable

dude what

Error: 410

It would have been better had they said they were still working on and had some important bug fixes, and that the graphic "mod" would be patched into the game later.

dude what

yeah it's hilarious BS they'd have looked less imbecilic to have just not passed comment on the situation IMO.

Yeah................. so they went to the trouble of making all the textures/settings and only when it got tested did the decide to disable them... thats pure ballocks imo, What company would waste resources and leave testing like that to the very end!.... Ubisoft for new EA!

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Face it Ubisoft: You've done fucked up and people hate you almost as EA.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

dude what

What you need is a gif that rotates your profile pic around maybe once every 5 seconds.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

So they're claiming that the enhanced graphics mod that makes the game run better is actually old, unused settings that make the game run worse??

But Ubisoft,,,, that's kinda the EXACT OPPOSITE of the truth...............

#worsethanEA ??

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

What you need is a gif that rotates your profile pic around maybe once every 5 seconds.

goddamn brilliant, will work on that later

5YAPZbF.jpg?1

Error: 410

5YAPZbF.jpg?1

dont make it rotate though, just have it switch so they could scroll down and see you again and you have a different orientation. Maybe even slower than 5 seconds.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

This post made me get into a twitter fight with someone who was trying to defend Ubisoft.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

5YAPZbF.jpg?1

I was already expecting it' was doing that :((

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

They seriously are just full of ****.  It started with Rayman Legends with me and it just continues on and on.  Lucky while I did buy one of their games new I did not pay close to MSRP for it so that is good.  Still after that purchase I didn't give them a dime of my money.  I look forward to buying their crap used for console when I can or dirt cheap on pc when I can so they make jack ****.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Seriously... 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Even though users of the mod actually have declared that this deactivated alone does not change the performance on PC that great. Ubisoft, think of something better to say next time your game doesn't run well on PC. I mean, even without the mod, it still runs pretty horrible for a 'PC focused game'

It is actually believable that they didn't include it if it had an impact on performance. It just means they were too lazy or something to make it work.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

go watch totalbiscuilt response about this 

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

lol ubisoft damage control

they really want to compete with EA as the most hated gaming company?

Choo, choo. All aboard the bullshit express. Next stop Ubisoft.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

Better or same performance, better graphics = possibly, maybe bad. We can't give you any specifics, because there are none, but take our word for it. We know you have no reason to trust us after we told you there was no graphics downgrade, but please don't use this mod and see how badly we f'd over PC gamers, because our money isn't infinite and we have paid a lot to "game journalist" sites to sweep this under the rug. Also Farcry 4 will be MAXED on a PS4, and that isn't because we refuse to make a good PC port, it is because the PS4 is all powerful and not because we have a movie deal with Sony Pictures for a Watch Dogs movie.

-Thanks Ubisoft.

cBurGSW.png?1

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I love WatchDogs, but it is in no way optimized or stable.

I actually think that EA currently is actually trying to not be shit, Ubisoft may already be worse than them. 
We'll know soon if that's the case though.

Antec 1100 | Asus P8Z87-V | Silverstone Strider 850W 80+ Silver | Intel i5 3570k 4.3Ghz | Corsair h80 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sapphire HD 7850 1000 Mhz | 16 GB Patriot 1600MHz | Intel 330 180GB | OCZ Agility 3 60GB (Cache for HDD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Asus VE247H x2 | Ducky Shine 2 - Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3.5G | Logitech G430