Ubisoft Explains Why Watch Dogs On PC Had Hidden Graphic Options

Rafy

ITT: Ubisoft continue to try to bullshit their way of out a PR nightmare, gamer's are still not buying it

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Ubisoft are so full of themselves.

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

I honestly don't know how to respond to this.  They make a horribly unoptimized game with settings purposely hidden and then say it was because of stability issues?  What stability issues? You mean headlights occasionally flickering with the E3 settings enabled?  How about corrupt game saves or the game just quitting or the horrible use of VRAM?  Oh wait... all those issues were present on your release.... I would have settled for a better optimized games with the E3 graphical quality and some slight annoyances that detract from the overall experience like flicker headlights.  

If I wouldn't have gotten this game for free... I would have never played it.  

On a side topic, has anyone used The Worse mod with the new update?

You can see all of my reviews posted in the Member Reviews Section! 

Response, or no response this just doesn't make any sense, even total biscuit's video didn't make it clearer, Ubisoft's response is just "noting" "nothing" "nothing" and the performance word on top of "nothing".

They cannot possibly be so stupid to believe this could benefit consoles or them in any way, I think someone just forgot to turn the settings on and they now cannot say that, because it sounds stupid. Or maybe they were going to release a patch after and say "you see, we care about PC, even we improved the game after release, only on PC"

It just doesn't make any sense???

They think we're gullible. At this rate, they're not making it much farther. 

They're not counting on us believing them, but they just can't say "Yeah we went out of our way to make the game look worse so we get more money, hahaahahaha look at all this money we have"

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

all that ubisoft is done is damage control they fucked up just admit it dont make up bullshit #WorseThanEA

| Corsair 900D | i7-4770K | ASUS Maximus VI Formula | SLI ASUS Geforce GTX780 | EK & Alphacool WaterCooling | 

| Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 32GB | | Two Corsair Neutron GTX Series 240GB SSD | Corsair AX1200i |

| Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Two Seagate Barracuda 4TB  | Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit |http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189392-corsair-900d-sli-watercooled-refresh-and-new-setup/#entry2550514

Oh yes Ubisoft I totally believe you..

Not.

Considering with the graphics enhancements enabled the game actually performs better. The stuttering that was supposed to be magically fixed by your patch? Oh yeah didn't work but when I installed the mod the game starts working perfectly as if by magic. 

Ubisoft should just fire themselves and the modding community should take their place as rightful owners of all Ubisoft titles.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

hahaha No Cat original

1441517 10201396754541695 354119511 A

ubisoft, if you want to know how to make a game... call us/indie devs/EA...
there's plenty of help, all you have to do is ask nicely and we can show you how to do your job properly....

Falcon: Corsair 750D 8320at4.6ghz 1.3v | 4GB MSI Gaming R9-290 @1000/1250 | 2x8GB 2400mhz Kingston HyperX Beast | Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula | Antec H620 | Corsair RM750w | Crucial M500 240GB, Toshiba 2TB, DarkThemeMasterRace, my G3258 has an upgrade path, my fx8320 doesn't need one...total cost £840=cpu£105, board£65, ram£105, Cooler £20, GPU£200, PSU£88, SSD£75, HDD£57, case£125.

CASE:-NZXT S340 Black, CPU:-FX8120 @4.2Ghz, COOLER:-CM Hyper 212 EVO, BOARD:-MSI 970 Gaming, RAM:-2x4gb 2400mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro, GPU: SLI EVGA GTX480's @700/1000, PSU:-Corsair CX600m, HDD:-WD green 160GB+2TB toshiba
CASE:-(probably) Cooltek U1, CPU:-G3258 @4.5ghx, COOLER:-stock(soon "MSI Dragon" AiO likely), BOARD:-MSI z87i ITX Gaming, RAM:-1x4gb 1333mhz Patriot, GPU: Asus DCU2 r9-270 OC@1000/1500mem, PSU:-Sweex 350w.., HDD:-WD Caviar Blue 640GB
CASE:-TBD, CPU:-Core2Quad QX9650 @4Ghz, COOLER:-OCZ 92mm tower thing, BOARD:-MSI p43-c51, RAM:-4x1GB 800mhz Corsair XMS2, GPU: Zotac GTX460se @800/1000, PSU:-OCZ600sxs, HDD:-WD green 160GBBlueJean-A
 CASE:-Black/Blue Sharkoon T9, CPU:-Phenom2 x4 B55 @3.6Ghz/1.4v, COOLER:-FX8320 Stock HSF, BOARD:-M5A78L-M/USB3, RAM:-4GB 1333mhz Kingston low profile at 1600mhz, GPU:-EVGA GTX285, PSU:-Antec TP550w modu, STORAGE:-240gb  M500+2TB Toshiba
CASE:-icute zl02-3g-bb, CPU:-Phenom2 X6 1055t @3.5Ghz, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-Asrock m3a UCC, RAM:2x2GB 1333mhz Zeppelin (thats yellow!), GPU: XFX 1GB HD6870xxx, PSU:-some 450 POS, HDD:-WD Scorpio blue 120GB
CASE:-Packard Bell iMedia X2424, Custom black/red Aerocool Xpredator fulltower, CPU's:-E5200, C2D [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>(so e8500), COOLER:-Scythe Big shuriken2 Rev B, BFG gtx260 sp216 OC, RAM:-tons..
Gigabyte GTX460, Gigabyte gt430,
GPU's:-GT210 1GB,  asus hd6670 1GB gddr5, XFX XXX 9600gt 512mb Alpha dog edition, few q6600's
PICTURES CASE:-CIT mars black+red, CPU:-Athlon K6 650mhz slot A, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-QDI Kinetiz 7a, RAM:-256+256+256MB 133mhz SDram, GPU:-inno3d geforce4 mx440 64mb, PSU:-E-Zcool 450w, STORAGE:-2x WD 40gb "black" drives,
CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra, CPU:-Athlon64 4000+, COOLER:-BIG stock one, BOARD:-MSI something*, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz ECC transcend, GPU:-ati 9800se@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-2x maxtor 80gb,
PICTURES CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra (another), CPU:-Pentium4 2.8ghz prescott, COOLER:-Artic Coolering Freezer4, BOARD:-DFI lanparty infinity 865 R2, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz kingston, GPU:-ati 9550@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-another 2x WD 80gb,
CASE:-ML110 G4, CPU:-xeon 4030, COOLER:-stock leaf blower, BOARD:-stock raid 771 board, RAM:-2x2GB 666mhz kingston ECC ddr2, GPU:-9400GT 1GB, PSU:-stock delta, RAID:-JMicron JMB363 card+onboard raid controller, HDD:-320gb hitachi OS, 2xMaxtor 160gb raid1, 500gb samsungSP, 160gb WD, LAPTOP:-Dell n5030, CPU:-replaced s*** cel900 with awesome C2D E8100, RAM:-2x2GB 1333mhz ddr3, HDD:-320gb, PHONE's:-LG optimus 3D (p920) on 2.3.5@300-600mhz de-clock (batteryFTW)

the statement would of probably worked better for them if they said there PR nonsense and then turned on the e3 graphics because heck the modders already proved that it was stable if turned on.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

ersonal opinion coming in. I watched some videos online and that DoF is horrendous, got dizzy after 3 minutes.

Also, after watching AMD's rep on MaximuPC, his theory of it being a QA issue seems pretty logical.

In the end, Ubi could have just set a toggle to enable the settings instead of totally taking them out, but then again, it comes down to QA thinking it might be game breaking.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

I think that is a great theory, but there is a problem with it,   If QA was truly the issue, why was the game released the way it was?  Some of the issues were just completely game breaking like lost  saves, game just quitting out, and stuttering.  Yet, something like flickering headlights was completely removed from the game.  

I agree with the toggle.  It would have been great for them just to allow us to enable it in the menus with a pop up warning saying, "This is still in testing, it may not run optimally on your PC"

I think that is a great theory, but there is a problem with it,   If QA was truly the issue, why was the game released the way it was?  Some of the issues were just completely game breaking like lost  saves, game just quitting out, and stuttering.  Yet, something like flickering headlights was completely removed from the game.  

I agree with the toggle.  It would have been great for them just to allow us to enable it in the menus with a pop up warning saying, "This is still in testing, it may not run optimally on your PC"

Because it's not a small team developing the game and it's pretty darn hard to meet deadlines. From what I recall, it was already delayed before and they HAD to release it now. Some small things like this couldn't cut the QA check and IM FINE with that. The game itself still looks great IMHO.

Because it's not a small team developing the game and it's pretty darn hard to meet deadlines. From what I recall, it was already delayed before and they HAD to release it now. Some small things like this couldn't cut the QA check and IM FINE with that. The game itself still looks great IMHO.

You're pretty good at running excuses for them, maybe they should hire you for PR as well.

-------

Current Rig

-------

You're pretty good at running excuses for them, maybe they should hire you for PR as well.

Running excuses? No, I'm just being realistic.

Being realistic would require you to be on the fucking dev team yourself, you're just speculating.

-------

Current Rig

-------

the statement would of probably worked better for them if they said there PR nonsense and then turned on the e3 graphics because heck the modders already proved that it was stable if turned on.

It was stable straight up? I thought it took some messing with?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Maurice-Moss.gif

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

BOOM! right there, i was just about to post that

according to total biscuit, there are NO differences in performance, it runs maybe 1-5 frames less in heavily lighted areas. that is it.

Ubisoft needs to read this message and watch that video, and then come out with another answer, because this is total bullshit they talked right there.

You definitely are being realistic, but the problem is where is the days where games actually released non-broken?  I remember when I didn't have to download a 5GB update the second I want to start playing a game. It just worked out of box.  Maybe I'm being too idealistic, but I just miss games that just plain worked.  

I realize that games have gotten much bigger and complicated, but I feel like that shouldn't be the reasoning behind games not working the way they should on release. 

It's both the developers and consumers fault.  Consumers continue to push for developers to release the game, and the competition between developers further pushes release dates and who can get their game out the fastest. 

I'm really tired and probably am not that coherent right now... Taking a break from video editing and probably should just go to bed.  Hopefully then I can further explain what I'm trying to say,

BOOM! right there, i was just about to post that

according to total biscuit, there are NO differences in performance, it runs maybe 1-5 frames less in heavily lighted areas. that is it.

Ubisoft needs to read this message and watch that video, and then come out with another answer, because this is total bullshit they talked right there.

While that is a fair point, TotalBiscuits PC is way beyond par as far as specs go :P. The dual titans with the massive frame buffers could smooth over some of the performance issues, if these effects are memory intensive. 

While that is a fair point, TotalBiscuits PC is way beyond par as far as specs go :P. The dual titans with the massive frame buffers could smooth over some of the performance issues, if these effects are memory intensive. 

the point is, even then he still getting same performance. i just hope they hurry up with this patch