The Witcher 3 – Current-Gen Consoles Equivalent To PC High, Ultra Settings “The Peak In Games”

TwistedDictator

After what has happened with Watch_Dogs, a lot of PC gamers are a bit skeptical about all the upcoming PC releases. One game that has amazed everyone with its visuals is The Witcher 3; a game that puts Watch_Dogs to shame and is considered as a ‘true’ next-gen game. But will CD Projekt RED pull another Watch_Dogs on us? Apparently not.

Speaking with Eurogamer, executive producer John Mamais confirmed that the PC Version of The Witcher 3 will look way better than its console counterpart (on Ultra settings). Mamais described the The Witcher 3′s ultra settings as ‘the peak in games’, and has detailed the features that will be implemented.

According to Mamais, the game’s Ultra settings will bring better tessellation, more physics, more post-processing and more realistic fur. We know for a fact that the realistic fur will be enabled via Nvidia’s PhysX suite, so it will be interesting to see whether AMD users will be able to enjoy such a feature.

Mamais also claimed that the console version is equivalent to the high settings of the PC version. Not only that, but the game will be running at 900p/30fps on current-gen consoles (though the team would love to hit 1080p on both PS4 and Xbox One).

I LOVE YOU WITCHER 3!!! PRE-ORDER NOW ON GOG !!!!

Source

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

--snip--

No one is going to. Everyone loves Witcher 3.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

I hope a 780ti can max this at 1440p. I hate lowering settings. 

not at 60fps.

Slick:

No one is going to. Everyone loves Witcher 3.

Yes they will, especially if there is some quality difference between using an Nvidia GPU and being able to enable advanced PhysX simulation and running PhysX on a CPU and getting the dumbed down version. The only way to avoid that is for CDPR to use the dumbed down version(which is still pretty good) to simulate the the fur. That way everyone will be able to access it properly with their CPU's.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

not at 60fps.

Well if im lucky the 780ti prices will come down and I can just throw another one in my rig, we will see. 

Or I guess I could maybe turn down aa a bit, maybe that would get me to 60 with everything else at ultra?

Conceal your intentions

I'm getting tired of these headlines, $399>$1600?

But, why so serious, Mistah J.?

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

mBj6R0y.jpg?1

I watched and recorded the Spike TV of Witcher 3 and it was very apparent the game was on Xbox One dev kit. I guessed 720p and FXAA. Also the game ran nowhere near 30 fps. It had huge frame drops and the Xbox One version looked absolutely horrid (as it should running the game on a AMD 7770 in performance). I will be absolutely blown away if they can hit 900p and 30 fps on the Xbox One version. If they do, they should be given a metal. If both consoles are running 900p then the Xbox One will simply have much lower AA.  Also the only "high" part I believe is non AA settings. I was literally laughing when I watched the Spike TV reveal, cus it showed just how bad the Xbox One is.

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_the_sword_of_destiny-32222_en.html

^ 600 mb download with better compression so you can see what the PC version looks like. There is no way in hell that is running on either a 7790/7770 and that is all these consoles can push in TFLOPS. I understand CDPR has to sell to console owners, but Xbox One is simply going to be laughed at in comparison to the PC on this game and even the PS4. MS better sell all the Xbox One's they can before release...

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

--snip--

Yes they will, especially if there is some quality difference between using an Nvidia GPU and being able to enable advanced PhysX simulation and running PhysX on a CPU and getting the dumbed down version. The only way to avoid that is for CDPR to use the dumbed down version(which is still pretty good) to simulate the the fur. That way everyone will be able to access it properly with their CPU's.

For those concerned about the Witcher 3 use of PhysX on fur and hair. It has been confirmed by NV that those effects will be handled by DX via directcompute.

source: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-witcher-3-developer-its-up-to-nvidia-to-let-amd-users-enjoy-physx-hair-and-fur-effects/

Nvidia contacted us about this article. It appears the hair and fur effects are not handled by PhysX. They are handled by DX11 via DirectCompute.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

--snip--

Use CPU physx.... Duh

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

High settings, 900p and 30FPS

lel, 'next-gen' consoles

Hope AMD can get on the fur action too!

^ 600 mb download with better compression so you can see what the PC version looks like. There is no way in hell that is running on either a 7790/7770 and that is all these consoles can push in TFLOPS. I understand CDPR has to sell to console owners, but Xbox One is simply going to be laughed at in comparison to the PC on this game and even the PS4. MS better sell all the Xbox One's they can before release...

Aye, if we go by what we saw on the witcher 2 the console version was at best medium detail for the PC if not worst.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I really need to play The Witcher 2 so I can buy The Witcher 3 when it releases and support devs like CD Projekt Red. Fuck Ubisoft.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

I really need to play The Witcher 2 so I can buy The Witcher 3 when it releases and support devs like CD Projekt Red. Fuck Ubisoft.

It will likely drop to like 5 bucks within the next few days during the steam sale.

-------

Current Rig

-------

It will likely drop to like 5 bucks within the next few days during the steam sale.

Oh that is not the problem. I already have it lol. The problem is I never got enough motivation to actually play it, and right now I don't even have a working PC because I took some parts from it to complete another build I made for a friend. Well, at least I'm finally upgrading that old FX 6100 to the new 4690k or 4790k (still not sure which one to get :P ).

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Well if im lucky the 780ti prices will come down and I can just throw another one in my rig, we will see. 

Or I guess I could maybe turn down aa a bit, maybe that would get me to 60 with everything else at ultra?

with the 800 line coming out the prices will go down a fair bit

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

--snip--

AMD user here.

PhysX doesn't effect me, so why do I care? Oh right, I don't.

On-topic, great to hear! Will buy after reviews. I trust CD Projekt RED, but I have a strict no pre-order policy, that's for everyone.

AMD user here.

PhysX doesn't effect me, so why do I care? Oh right, I don't.

On-topic, great to hear! Will buy after reviews. I trust CD Projekt RED, but I have a strict no pre-order policy, that's for everyone.

PhysX would effect you if you had a Nvidia GPU. It's the way it's meant to be played. PhysX is actually used to it's potential in this game. It's going to look amazing on AMD cards too, it will just look better on Nvidia's.

PhysX would effect you if you had a Nvidia GPU. It's the way it's meant to be played. PhysX is actually used to it's potential in this game. It's going to look amazing on AMD cards too, it will just look better on Nvidia's.

Don't care. The way we each perceive the games we play is entirely subjective. Sure, the game can look "better" with PhysX, but for myself, I don't care if hair is realistic, or water, or cloth flowing in the wind. If you're(not speaking directly to you Pixel) that much of a hard ass that PhysX is a MUST for you, then by all means, but I don't need it or want it and I don't want most features a Nvidia card provides, so to me it's about raw performance currently, and when I bought my two 7870's, AMD was the top dog.

But thank you for such a great argument.

I wonder if it'll run fine offloaded onto my 8320? Never tried PhysX before.

My 7970 is probably going to get a workout though lol

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

Use CPU physx.... Duh

Apparently you didn't read my other post, I'll do you a favor and just copy pasta it for you.

"Yes they will, especially if there is some quality difference between using an Nvidia GPU and being able to enable advanced PhysX simulation and running PhysX on a CPU and getting the dumbed down version. The only way to avoid that is for CDPR to use the dumbed down version(which is still pretty good) to simulate the the fur. That way everyone will be able to access it properly with their CPU's."

I also don't care either way as I run Nvidia GPU's, I was just making it known that AMD owners would bitch because PhysX run on the CPU is inferior to the Advanced PhysX you have access to with an Nvidia GPU.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

those are pretty much the only people i respect in the gaming industry

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.