[Guru3D] Ubisoft does not care about PC gamers. (EVIDENCE)

TwistedDictator

Found that comment line in deferredambient.inc.fx from the Shaders dat/fat

yGCQWdT.jpg

Source

Confirmed by WatchDog modder. Also I have seen it my self, Dont belive me? Check for your self :)

Apparently this is the full contents for it from Guru3D: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/40bed5f8fd163b8de7df

For anyone wanting to unpack it, use Gibbed.Disrupt

Just confirming it is actually there after unpacking the shaders.fat file and opening deferredambient.inc.fx with Notepad++

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

either fake, or literally the tenth thread showing the same type of thing form ubi in the last day...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Everyone can type it in.

Look at first post and see for your self :)

Just confirming it is actually there after unpacking the shaders.fat file and opening deferredambient.inc.fx with Notepad++

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

that whole text is fake.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

that whole text is fake.

Why do people make accusations without looking at it themself ? Look for your self!

Just joined linustechtips and **facepalm**

Slick:

Why do people make accusations without looking at it themself ? Look for your self!

Just joined linustechtips and **facepalm**

what file do I need to check?

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

L

O

L

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

what file do I need to check?

I'll quote it again.

Slick:

Oh no, a line of code that probably has nothing to do with graphical fidelity makes Ubisoft the worst developer in the world and we should all cry about it because we're entitled shits. Go post this on /r/pcmasterrace instead. 

640px-FACEPALM.png

Slick:

Oh no, a line of code that probably has nothing to do with graphical fidelity makes Ubisoft the worst developer in the world and we should all cry about it because we're entitled shits. Go post this on /r/pcmasterrace instead. 

Oh no, a few simple lines of code that changes it between E3 level fidelity and crappy console fidelity. <Literally what Ubisoft did indeed do.

And it's not like they put that in the options menu to change so everyone could do it. They left it in the code so that you can only access it there. And the game has been reported to run better with those settings enabled. 

It's dumb.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Of course Ubisoft doesn't give a shit about PC. Why else would they have uPlay?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

What a stupid thread. IF this is true (and I say IF), the entire class is about texture filtering for the xbox; so why would the PC part be relevant (who cares?)? It is only there for the program to ensure that it does not apply the filtering if you are playing on PC. If anything, the function proves that PC's are better because they don't have to do stupid crap like that to give a good performance. In context this is not an insult to PC gaming. Blowing a programmers comment out of proportion and out of context IS an insult to PC gamers.

Damn right! This is getting stupid. 

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I'm certain this was made by the CEO of Ubisoft and represents the opinion of the entire company.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I'm certain this was made by the CEO of Ubisoft and represents the opinion of the entire company.

i sense a hint of sarcasm ;)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

What a stupid thread. IF this is true (and I say IF), the entire class is about texture filtering for the xbox; so why would the PC part be relevant (who cares?)? It is only there for the program to ensure that it does not apply the filtering if you are playing on PC. If anything, the function proves that PC's are better because they don't have to do stupid crap like that to give a good performance. In context this is not an insult to PC gaming. Blowing a programmers comment out of proportion and out of context IS an insult to PC gamers.

I can confirm this as a game developer.  This is a pixel shader, and the "who cares" part is in relation to getting a value for something known as "upper color".  I cannot determine the entire purpose of the shader since I haven't looked at the entire source code, but it appears that value is irrelevant for the remainder of calculations in the render path on PC.

hmm it seems like one of the developers is gonna get an ass kicking, i dont think that all the ubisoft guys hate pc but some do and the prick that thought it would be funny to write this is about to get shit on big time.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

okay, hold on, there is no fucking way a developer would put a code like that in their god damn game, i know its only a // code (comment) but still, its probably someone else who did it or its just a joke.

maybe you should post on ign....you'll fit right in 

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/assassins_creed_4_black_flag/news/ubisoft_provides_statement_on_ac4_pc_optimisation_proud_of_pc_version.html

Original Report: Optimising games to run more efficiently on PC hardware isn't important, Assassin's Creed 4 associate producer Sylvain Trottier has claimed.

Speaking to Edge about the ease in which the studio achieved results when working on the Xbox One and PS4, Trottier said: "The new platforms are a lot closer to PC, so my engineers could do the R&D on PC and we knew it would work fairly easily on next-gen platforms. It needed to be adapted, but everything does.

"It's always a question of compromise about the effect, how it looks, and the performance it takes from the system. On PC, usually you don't really care about the performance, because the idea is that if it's not [running] fast enough, you buy a bigger GPU. Once you get on console, you can't have this approach."

Assassin's Creed 4 is released for PC on Friday, November 22.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=116912408&postcount=1421

This is a segment of code that pertains to an upper color shader that is PC only that is defined in console code and needs to be set to a default value.

This is extremely ironic given the comments today because this shader is in fact a PC ONLY shader. Meaning is was code to make for a shader ONLY FOR PC.

Context is important and has apparently been lost on many posters here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=116912408&postcount=1421

This is a segment of code that pertains to an upper color shader that is PC only that is defined in console code.

Context is important and has apparently been lost on many posters here.

1) you have openly admitted to working for Ubisoft Montreal in this previous thread.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/164589-modis-how-to-get-a-job-in-the-it-industry-live-chat/#entry2190770

"Sorry to highjack the thread, I'm a Programmer at Ubisoft Montreal working on Far Cry 4, I'd be open to do something similar for someone looking to get into the gaming industry (if that's something you get asked by people too)." - You

2) A Total Biscuit said, this is either malice or stupidity, and with ties to Sony Pictures and a Watch Dogs movie, promotional Sony deals, this not being a "mod" but settings inside the game? All signs point towards malice.

3) I enjoyed the laughable Ubisoft article on Farcry 4 saying that PS4 would get PC Ultra settings. Do you stand by that? If so, thanks for confirming another downgrade, with more bait and switch graphics from E3, since we are very well away PS4 is on par or slightly behind an AMD 7790/7850 AMD GPU.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubisoft-Far-Cry-4-on-PS4-Xbox-One-Equivalent-to-PC-Ultra-High-446878.shtml

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

This is just one of the Devs having a little fun - Get over it people -.-

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013