Need Some Music Recommendations

Guest Kloaked

I listen to a lot of Metal, Rock and Dubstep/Electronic music, but I only recently got into the whole electronic music stuff. I used to talk shit about people who were being hipster and said they listened to dubstep but only knew who Skrillex was, not anyone else.

Anyways though, I would like some recommendations on the above mentioned genres. Note, I do like old-ish metal (Metallica, Black Sabbath, etc) but I have those covered for the most part, so no need to mention older groups.

I'm not going to list every single band/group I know about already because it would be pointless. Just let me know what you guys like.

Thanks in advanced!

Would it be ok if I just linked you to my youtube favorites playlist? (when i get home that is)

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Would it be ok if I just linked you to my youtube favorites playlist? (when i get home that is)

Yes!

Yes!

Just a fair warning the playlist is 1500 songs+ lol

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Would you like my spotify playlist?: Music

That makes it easy for me since I use Spotify myself. Thanks :)

Spotify anday over youtube for music !

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

By "electronic" do you mean "house" music in all, or just electronic genres or dubstep?

Here are some suggestions:

Abakus
Astral Projection
Electric Universe
Fedde le Grand
Ned Shepard
Rabbit in the Moon
Jeff Bennet's Lounge Experience
Tripswitch
Merkaba
Talamasca (eh, some songs are good)
deadmau5
The Crystal Method

All of them are actually available on Spotify (I use it lol).

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Green Day

Avenged Sevenfold

Skillet

Foo Fighters

The Pretty Reckless

Linkin Park

Three Days Grace

3 Doors Down

Bullet for my Valentine

Bring me the Horizon

Asking Alexandria

Amon Amarth

Alestorm

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I love OVERWERK, Klaypex, deadmau5, dillon francis, Daft punk, The Glitch mob, RaRa riot

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Green Day

Avenged Sevenfold

Skillet

Foo Fighters

The Pretty Reckless

Linkin Park

Three Days Grace

3 Doors Down

Bullet for my Valentine

Bring me the Horizon

Asking Alexandria

Amon Amarth

Alestorm

I've heard of these, but glad to see someone else who digs Skillet.

Green Day

Avenged Sevenfold

Skillet

Foo Fighters

The Pretty Reckless

Linkin Park

Three Days Grace

3 Doors Down

Bullet for my Valentine

Bring me the Horizon

Asking Alexandria

Amon Amarth

Alestorm

Off topic, i saw 3 doors down perform at boy scout camp last summer

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

There's aggrotech if you're interested. I only know of Combichrist since they worked on DmC: Devil May Cry.

Never Surrender was the featured song in DmC.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Angel Vivaldi. Instrumental and great. 

Might be your type? 

Idk I'm more of a Children of Bodom/ Lamb of God type, I like a good old mixture of nice thrashy metal and some really well composed stuff like LOG. probably not your type. 

More of a mainstream band a lot of people like is Disturbed. Check them out if you have never heard. Just didn't see them mentioned yet, thought I would. 

Another angel vivaldi 

Will warn you it's a bit weird to watch him play guitar all video and jam to his own music in a park -.-...

Really good though. 

I got some really obscure electronic artists you might like if you are into that. 

hmmm...Fiver Finger Death punch has a good mixture of generic in-your-face metal and really good ballads. They are really good live. 

Killswitch engage...namely the albums with Howard Jones are really good. 

Trying to hit a ton of different metal styles here see what sticks. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I've heard of these, but glad to see someone else who digs Skillet.

yeah not many people here seem to :/

Off topic, i saw 3 doors down perform at boy scout camp last summer

oh god :D was it awesome? i saw bon jovi last year for me 18th birthday

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]