[WCCFTECH] Updated Export Data Confirms Nvidia Maxwell GM204 has 256Bit Bus Width – Where does that leave the GTX 880?

JAKEBAB
"I was looking for more information on the GTX 880 from my ususal sources when I stumbled upon a very interesting forum post. Now the OP of this forum post claimed he had contacted the guys behind the KDramaStars leaks and verified that the GTX 880 will be 512 Bit wide with 384 TMUs. That, would conveniently explain the power jump previously stated from many sources. Ofcourse, without waiting any further, I sent an email to the actual source and am currently awaiting a response (this editorial will be updated as soon as I receive a satisfactory reply)."

"I also fired up the import schematics of ‘Hyderabad Air Cargo’ and focused it on the ‘GM204′ Keyword. This is the same port of discharge where the Maxwell GM204 and the 8GB GDDR5 Memory had been spotted earlier. And to my delight or rather an amused loathing for the Irony Gods, found  an import entry of the same port of discharge, dated 6th June 2014. But the plot twist is, this time, it also contained the bus interface. The GM204 “Computer Graphics Card” was listed with a 256 Bit Interface. Alright, so that more or less confirms it. You heard it here first folks, It looks like there is going to be a high end graphic card from Nvidia, housing the Maxwell GM204 with a 256 Bit bus width. But the golden question is, are we looking at the Maxwell Geforce GTX 880?"

post-1006-0-51418300-1402810454.jpg

"Everything we know so far, indicates that the GM204 will be the High end die while the GM206 will be the mid end die. So everything does point to this being the Maxwell flagship. But wait, is it 28nm or is it 20nm. Honestly, there is now too much evidence on both sides. On one hand, previous leaks put it on the 28nm fab and then there is the fact that import data existed before TSMC began volume production of 20nm. And we know that 20nm Maxwell begins taping out in June, so the timeline fits like a jigsaw puzzle. On the other hand, we see that the quantity is literally ’1′, not exactly volume by any means. Ofcourse that quantity could correspond to an entire crate of GPUs for all we know, but the reasoning stands."

"Then there is the possibility that we are looking at a cut down version of the GM204 for the lower order of the High End Spectrum, kind of like how the GK104 had a 192 Bit variant (GTX 760 – 192 Bit Edition) as opposed to 256bit. But I’ll admit that is a long shot. Ofcourse, there is the possibility that the Maxwell GM204 corresponds to Intermediary 28nm GPUs that Nvidia is preparing to compete with AMD’s Tonga offerings. We have now entered the realm of slap-happy, wish-fulfilling speculation, so I think I will leave it here."

What the shit Nvidia why you do dis?! AMD has already got 512bit bus on there current gen cards!!! wtf!

I know its wccftech but they havnt been that bad lately.

post-1006-0-51418300-1402810454.jpg

It's all rumors until it's released, as far as I'm concerned. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

What the shit Nvidia why you do dis?! AMD has already got 512bit bus on there current gen cards!!! wtf!

Yet notice who has the fastest single GPU card. Relax. Maxwell cards will be fine. No need to worry about things you can't control. Nvidia knows what they are doing.

I should be studying.

Yet notice who has the fastest single GPU card. Relax. Maxwell cards will be fine. No need to worry about things you can't control. Nvidia knows what they are doing.

yea i do notice the r9 290x is stronger than the 780ti at higher res....

Where is everyone getting GM204 from? That's usually the midrange cards, not high end ones. Remember GF110? GK110? Shouldn't GM110 be the high end chips?

i will never believe the 256bit rumor

its just very strange

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Where is everyone getting GM204 from? That's usually the midrange cards, not high end ones. Remember GF110? GK110? Shouldn't GM110 be the high end chips?

They aren't launching GM110 this year. Source: http://wccftech.com/alleged-nvidia-maxwell-architectural-specifications-unveiled-project-denver-maxwell-refresh/

I should be studying.

yea i do notice the r9 290x is stronger than the 780ti at higher res....

And I believe you forgot about the Titan Black. This even shows 780ti beating R9 290x in games at resolutions of 1080p, 1440p, and even 4k. GTX 780ti and Titan Black beat R9 290x in every game except Crysis 3 where they tie at 4k. The original Titan even beats the R9 290x in a lot of the benchmarks.  http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2014/02/26/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-black-review/3

I should be studying.

That is due to the amount of VRAM not the 512 bit bus. GTX 200 (280) series had a 512 bit bus. Your argument is invalid.

8gbs should be on a 512bit bus not a 256bit there just being greedy i know its still going to perform well but it could potentially perform better if it had a bigger bus.

8gbs should be on a 512bit bus not a 256bit there just being greedy i know its still going to perform well but it could potentially perform better if it had a bigger bus.

Who is putting 8gb on a 256 bit bus? And even so, everything is just rumors. It is fine. The cards will be beast regardless. The GTX 860 will perform around the same as a GTX 770 and so on. The performance of Maxwell will be an incremental step forward. Titan Z has 12gb on a 384 bit bus. It is fine. 

I should be studying.

8Gb? I wonder how much they will charge this time. Recently they have been fine with jacking up the prices on GPUs. I hope they keep it around the more traditional $500 mark.

Sort of, Their highest end cards have 3GB and a 256 bus and call them 4K ready, maybe them mean movies lol.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Sort of, Their highest end cards have 3GB and a 256 bus and call them 4K ready, maybe them mean movies lol.

Titan Black has 6 gb 384-bit bus. GTX 780ti has 3gb 384-bit bus. GTX 780 has 3gb 384-bit bus. Where are you getting your numbers? This shows a single 780ti running Bioshock Infinite at 40fps on ultra details at 4k (no AA): http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2014/02/26/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-black-review/4 Sounds like it works just fine at 4k. Lower details and performance increases. One card performs fine at 4k, of course it isn't going to max out 4k. 4k is 4x the number of pixels as 1080p This post wasn't even about 4k. It was about the future of Maxwell. Your comment doesn't even make sense to what you quoted me saying.

I should be studying.

Titan Black has 6 gb. 780ti has 3. This shows a single 780ti running at mid 40fps on ultra details at 4k: Sounds like it works just fine at 4k. Lower details and performance increases. One card performs fine at 4k, of course it isn't going to max out 4k. 4k is 4x the number of pixels of 1080p This post wasn't even about 4k. It was about the future of Maxwell. Your comment doesn't even make sense to what you quoted me saying.

The Titan Black is a Quadro card that got Geforce drivers which is why it has it's own name scheme as it doesn't fit in with the Geforce class of cards. This why you only see hardcore video editors that still want to game and the billionaire gamers that have money to blow have them. It's also is just as powerful as a 780ti at gaming as it's basically a 780ti with 6GB VRAM and unlocked double precision. It also still only has a 386 bit bus which is useless in everything besides video editing as there's not enough bandwidth to update the full 6GB fast enough so for games using anything more than 4GB is going to likely run like crap (besides moded games) so your going to have to run games at lower setting which is stupid as the whole point of 4K is for it to look absolutely beautiful and that mid 40 FPS is likely the maximum to whatever supposid game your talking about. My post is relevant, you said they knew what they what they where doing but they clearly fell short of that 4K ready mark they where aiming for which means they don't fully have they're head out of they're asses yet.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

The Titan Black is a Quadro card that got Geforce drivers which is why it has it's own name scheme as it doesn't fit in with the Geforce class of cards. This why you only see hardcore video editors that still want to game and the billionaire gamers that have money to blow have them. It's also is just as powerful as a 780ti at gaming as it's basically a 780ti with 6GB VRAM and unlocked double precision. It also still only has a 386 bit bus which is useless in everything besides video editing as there's not enough bandwidth to update the full 6GB fast enough so for games using anything more than 4GB is going to likely run like crap (besides moded games) so your going to have to run games at lower setting which is stupid as the whole point of 4K is for it to look absolutely beautiful and that mid 40 FPS is likely the maximum to whatever supposid game your talking about. My post is relevant, you said they knew what they what they where doing but they clearly fell short of that 4K ready mark they where aiming for which means they don't fully have they're head out of they're asses yet.

Of course they fell short of running 4k at ultra settings at 60fps...duh. 4k is new. It takes a lot to run. Most people don't have 4k monitors. The technology isn't quite there yet to provide a card that is profitable that will run 4k how you want it to. It would be too expensive. Your complaining about a 384-bit bus. That isn't the reason cards aren't performing at 60 fps max settings at 4k. I have no idea what you are even arguing. You said that since they haven't hit the 4k ready mark which according to you is max details 60 fps 4k that means they are all idiots. That would mean the people at AMD are idiots too. They haven't produced a single GPU solution that fits your criteria either. Yes Nvidia and AMD know what they are doing. They are working toward being 4k ready. The Titan Z and R9 295x2 are in my opinion "4k ready" they have given you an extremely expensive, and in the case of the Titan Z, a total ripoff, option. There you go happy? The truth is, the technology isn't there yet to have a single GPU card that is 4k ready. It stil  takes SLI or Crossfire. I predict Maxwell and AMD's next gen GPU's won't be 4k ready either. It would take a single GPU card that is the power of two GTX 780ti's in SLI to be 4k ready. You would need a single GPU card that performs greater than the R9 295x2. All you are complaining about is that technology isn't moving fast enough for your liking.

I should be studying.

34,000 value, damn it must be a beast one card to rule them all!  i love this push for 4k  because any source based games i polay @ 1024x768 and any other game im happy with 1920x1200 i dont think i will upgrade to higher rez  so bring on 4k ill have a video card capable of lasting through till 2020

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

You're missing the hole point of the memory bus.

GTX780 TI 384bit/7Ghz =   !  336GB/s  !

R9-290X 512bit/5Ghz    =   !  320GB/s  !

The 384bit bus of the 780TI is superior in every way because of the high clock.

A big bus doesn't mean anything if the clock is low.

But I really don't see the point of a 256bit bus you would need a 9-10Ghz clock to get the same performance out of it.

Makes no sense unless Nvidia is slowing the card down on purpose.

RTX2070OC 

Meh, more rumors.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Lets not forget that this is just WCCFTECH.

There are plenty of other sites I could go to for benchmarks. Look at Digital Storm on YouTube. Watch Linus' videos. You will see the same outcome.

I really need to get more sleep. Disregard.

I should be studying.

There are plenty of other sites I could go to for benchmarks. Look at Digital Storm on YouTube. Watch Linus' videos. You will see the same outcome.

Excuse me? I didn't read any of your comments. It wasn't directed at you. I don't even know what you were saying. WCCFTECH has a track record of derping up fairly hard. That's all I'm saying.

Excuse me? I didn't read any of your comments. It wasn't directed at you. I don't even know what you were saying. WCCFTECH has a track record of derping up fairly hard. That's all I'm saying.

Lol yeah I realized that right after posting sorry  :P  ごめんね。

I should be studying.

Lol yeah I realized that right after posting sorry  :P  ごめんね。

All good :)

その大丈夫

God I hope that is correct and not something horribly offensive.

All good :)

その大丈夫

God I hope that is correct and not something horribly offensive.

Lol no your fine. Just a simple 大丈夫 would have sufficed. Your like a native speaker. 

I should be studying.