What do you think about my new website?

Jeroen1322

Really like it. Aside from one thing.

Webpages with noise that don't warn you can all go die in a @#%@#$^T$EWRSDFGERSDF% T#$#@%!^R!@#Q!#@EWQDDF

Yes I know you gave fair warning. More of a joke :P

And this is why my computer always stays on mute unless I specifically want to listen to something.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

nice, the only thing i feel like complaining is that the last animation doesn't fire up on my computer: i just scroll until the bottom of the page and i end up looking at an empty screen

i found out that there were supposed to be the "Zijn er verder nog vragen?" box when i tried it at a different resolution

i'm using firefox on a 1080p screen, but i have very slim bars so my aspect ratio may be a bit less wide than normal (the same thing happens if i view the page in fullscreen, maybe this way you can easily reproduce the problem on your end)

and another thing i would change is the amount of scroll needed to fire up the animations: i often found myself having to scroll back up again to see what happened, and if i scroll down relatively quickly i see mostly an empty page, with the content appearing just too late. i would do it so that the content starts moving just when it 'touches' the bottom of the screen: this way i get to see the whole animation, the screen is always filled up with content, i see when i have to stop scrolling and it's generally more enjoyable

one last thing is that while the animations are going on, the horizontal scrollbar shows up so you may want to fix that

but again, nice job, i like it :)

I like it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

You had me at the X-Files theme song.

I agree about the scrolling. Though making the website scrolling or the intro faster could help the issue.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

On the intro, you can easily highlight previous text, on the "click here" screen

you can highlight this text:

Welkom bij de assessment van:Jeroen GrootenR3ki1RSG Pantarijn

Rhe

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

On the intro, you can easily highlight previous text, on the "click here" screen

...and why would it be a bug? i think it's a feature

The text is otherwise supposed to be invisible.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Very interesting. I am not to sure about you posting so much of your personal information on a public forum, but oh well.

There are some mistakes in your text that I want to point out:

"Mijn hobby's bestaan grootendeels uit dingen met computers." --> should be "grotendeels".
"Ik ben heel actief op internet technologie websites/forums en vindt het leuk om mensen te helpen." --> should be "vind".
"Plus punten" --> "Pluspunten'.
"Min punten" --> "Minpunten".

Put periods behind the sentences under "Pluspunten", "Minpunten" and "Waar ben ik goed in" or make it into an unordered list.

"Bij de 2e opdracht" --> "tweede".
"...ook zo behandelen. Helaas is dit niet altijd het geval." --> "...behandelen, helaas...".
"...maar vaak raakt de planning in de war en dat krijgt dan een sneeuwbal effect bij het hele project." --> This sentence is not very good. Try to reformulate it.
"ik ben ook gaan expirimenteren met MySQL (DataBase)." --> "experimenteren". You should reformulate or delete the word between parentheses.
"Dit interesseert mij mee,r want het maken en ontwerpen van een website en zien dat mensen er tevreden over zijn geeft wel een kick." --> "...meer omdat ... en het observeren van de tevredenheid van de mensen voldoening geven".
"Ik wil zo veel mogelijk kennis op doen over alles computers. Van software installeren naar netwerken en VPN's instellen." --> "...over allerlei onderwerpen die te maken hebben met computers, van software installeren tot netwerken en VPN's opzetten".
"Ik wil mijn programmerings talen kennis verder ontwikkelen zodat ik meer maken maken en niet alleen voor websites." --> "Ik wil mijn kennis van programmeertalen verder ontwikkelen zodat ik meer kan maken dan websites".
"Ik wil C++ / C# / Python leren." --> "Ik zou graag programmeertalen zoals ... willen leren".
"Mijn doelen zijn vooral om zo veel mogelijk te leren en later te kijken welke richting ik precies op wilt gaan." --> "Mijn doel is..." + "op wil gaan.".

And as @Ciccioo already said, the "zijn er verder nog vragen?" div did not turn up for me. My monitor is 1080p, when I resized my browser window to a smaller size it did turn up, but that is not what you want.

Maybe you should change that text to "Zijn er nog vragen?" because there will not be any questions before the end, so that is why you should leave "verder" away, in my opinion.

Do they not teach you decent "Nederlands" at VMBO and MBO?

There will probably be some mistakes I forgot to mention and that is totally fine I guess.

Pretty cool stuff though.

Learning

Very interesting. I am not to sure about you posting so much of your personal information on a public forum, but oh well.

"Mijn hobby's bestaan grootendeels uit dingen met computers." --> should be "grotendeels".

"Ik ben heel actief op internet technologie websites/forums en vindt het leuk om mensen te helpen." --> should be "vind".

Put periods behind the sentences under "Pluspunten", "Minpunten" and "Waar ben ik goed in" or make it into an unordered list.

"...ook zo behandelen. Helaas is dit niet altijd het geval." --> "...behandelen, helaas...".

"...maar vaak raakt de planning in de war en dat krijgt dan een sneeuwbal effect bij het hele project." --> This sentence is not very good. Try to reformulate it.

"ik ben ook gaan expirimenteren met MySQL (DataBase)." --> "experimenteren". You should reformulate or delete the word between parentheses.

"Dit interesseert mij mee,r want het maken en ontwerpen van een website en zien dat mensen er tevreden over zijn geeft wel een kick." --> "...meer omdat ... en het observeren van de tevredenheid van de mensen voldoening geven".

"Ik wil zo veel mogelijk kennis op doen over alles computers. Van software installeren naar netwerken en VPN's instellen." --> "...over allerlei onderwerpen die te maken hebben met computers, van software installeren tot netwerken en VPN's opzetten".

"Ik wil mijn programmerings talen kennis verder ontwikkelen zodat ik meer maken maken en niet alleen voor websites." --> "Ik wil mijn kennis van programmeertalen verder ontwikkelen zodat ik meer kan maken dan websites".

"Ik wil C++ / C# / Python leren." --> "Ik zou graag programmeertalen zoals ... willen leren".

"Mijn doelen zijn vooral om zo veel mogelijk te leren en later te kijken welke richting ik precies op wilt gaan." --> "Mijn doel is..." + "op wil gaan.".

And as @Ciccioo already said, the "zijn er verder nog vragen?" div did not turn up for me. My monitor is 1080p, when I resized my browser window to a smaller size it did turn up, but that is not what you want.

Maybe you should change that text to "Zijn er nog vragen?" because there will not be any questions before the end, so that is why you should leave "verder" away, in my opinion.

There will probably be some mistakes I forgot to mention and that is totally fine I guess.

Thank you so much! I'm as dyslectic as a freaking door, they teach it fine but i'm just really really bad at it! :P I really appreciate it, i'll change it as soon as possible!

Also really cool of you that you put much effort in to correcting some random guy over the internet! :)

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

nice, the only thing i feel like complaining is that the last animation doesn't fire up on my computer: i just scroll until the bottom of the page and i end up looking at an empty screen

i found out that there were supposed to be the "Zijn er verder nog vragen?" box when i tried it at a different resolution

i'm using firefox on a 1080p screen, but i have very slim bars so my aspect ratio may be a bit less wide than normal (the same thing happens if i view the page in fullscreen, maybe this way you can easily reproduce the problem on your end)

and another thing i would change is the amount of scroll needed to fire up the animations: i often found myself having to scroll back up again to see what happened, and if i scroll down relatively quickly i see mostly an empty page, with the content appearing just too late. i would do it so that the content starts moving just when it 'touches' the bottom of the screen: this way i get to see the whole animation, the screen is always filled up with content, i see when i have to stop scrolling and it's generally more enjoyable

one last thing is that while the animations are going on, the horizontal scrollbar shows up so you may want to fix that

but again, nice job, i like it :)

I've read your posts and i've (probably) implimented all your suggestions. @Maximation , thanks for your spellcheck and @Ccioico thanks for pointing out the problem with the end, i've fixed it so i shows up when you have the screen maximised. I have also increased the space you need to be above an object to activate it. I don't know how i could remove the horizontal scrollbar during animations (I didn't even notice that) but it is probably because an object is comming in from the side.

The background color of the text in the last part of this post is messed up, i can't change it but i'll set the text color to black so it will still be readable.

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

-snip-

yup, it works now

the horizontal scrollbar appears because the slideLeft animation makes the objects go out of the page as the starting position, so the browser puts there a scrollbar to let you scroll the page and see the object out of the page

a possible solution (the fastest and easiest i believe) is to act on the overflow-x CSS property of the <body> to prevent that behaviour

Thank you so much! I'm as dyslectic as a freaking door, they teach it fine but i'm just really really bad at it! :P I really appreciate it, i'll change it as soon as possible!

Also really cool of you that you put much effort in to correcting some random guy over the internet! :)

If you want to make the world a better place you should take every opportunity to do so.

And I just really like correcting texts :)

Learning

After reading the text again I saw some more mistakes.

I will point them out to you tomorrow as I am unable to access my computer at the moment.

Learning

Dat X files song is epic. Im sure that song is copyrighted so I would get permission to use that just saying

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Here's some things I noticed. I'm going to be a little harsh so forgive me :P

Text needs more spacing

Try adding "line-spacing: 1.5;" to your tekst class, it's much easier to read.

Navigation bar sucks

Try adding navigation to the bar at the top of the page, or make it not a bar and just a large heading. You can use JavaScript to automatically scroll the page to the section when you click on it in the navbar. (Like Bootstrap's Scroll Spy thing)

Layout sucks

Use more than one column. Images should be to the left of text, not awkwardly breaking it off.

The first blue box that has your picture should have a margin between it and the nav bar.

Animations suck

Text shouldn't be animated unless it's a header or something else that's important. Animations are cool at first but yours last too long and get annoying after the first few seconds of scrolling. Save the animations for images and stuff.

Use more blue

You use blue as an accent at the top and bottom of the page, but you should use it more. Using colors consistently will make your page more memorable, especially with blue. (The mind is really good at associating specific shades of blue with where we saw them)

Overall it's a very good design. No design is perfect, but you'll get better with practice.

Dat X files song is epic. Im sure that song is copyrighted so I would get permission to use that just saying

It is for personal use, not commercial so i (hope) think it won't be a problem

yup, it works now

the horizontal scrollbar appears because the slideLeft animation makes the objects go out of the page as the starting position, so the browser puts there a scrollbar to let you scroll the page and see the object out of the page

a possible solution (the fastest and easiest i believe) is to act on the overflow-x CSS property of the <body> to prevent that behaviour

I've implimented the solution for the horizontal scrollbar and for me it isn't visable anymore and the animations still work. Thanks!

-snip-

Thanks for the correction points, i've looked at them and considerd some.

The 'line-spacing' should be 'line-height', right?

The website is for a presentation so i removed the navigation bar (I had it on the top) but maybe i could make a navigation bar like this.

The intention of the animations where to make it more like a PowerPoint or Prezi presentation and so that people can focus on one text instead of having all this text thrown at their face. (As a dyslectic person i know how horrifying that could be)

What are some things where i could impliment blue more? Maybe in the headers of text?

And thanks! :) I don't have very much experience so i indeed hope it will improve when i get some more! 

So not all the sentences I improve are mistakes, but they could be better formulated, so that is what I did for some of the improvements pointed out here.

There were however still mistakes.

"Ik ben een harde werker en kan tot in de late uurtjes doorwerken om te zorgen dat de klant/opdrachtgever een goed eindresultaat krijgt en tevreden is."

>> "... om er voor te zorgen dat ... een goed eindresultaat ontvangt en tevreden is.".

"Pluspunten,"

>> "Pluspunten: ".

"Minpunten,"

>> "Minpunten: ".

"Waar ben ik goed in,"

>> "Waar ben ik goed in: ".

"Aanpassen aan verschillende werk omgevingen"

>> "werkomgevingen".

"ICT - Ik ben heel geintereseerd in technologie en ben er ook goed in."

>> "geïnteresseerd".

"Engels - Door TV en internet ben ik nu heel goed in engels en hoef ook nooit meer te leren voor een toets."

>> "Engels" + "... en hoef ik nooit meer...".

"Gym - Alhoewel ik niet veel sport, ben ik wel goed gebouwd en heb ik in meerdere onderdelen een voordeel wegens mijn lengte."

>> "... niet veel sport ben ik wel ... ". + "vanwege"

"Bij ICT heb ik nog weinig geleerd wat ik niet al wist."

>> "De onderwerpen behandeld bij ICT hebben mij maar weinig nieuwe dingen geleerd omdat ik voor een groot gedeelte die kennis al bezit.".

"Bij andere vakken heb ik wel veel geleerd, maar weinig dat ik echt in praktijk kan gebruiken."

>> "Bij andere vakken heb ik wel veel nieuwe dingen geleerd, weinig van die kennis kan ik op het moment echter toepassen op praktische projecten.".

"Bij veel vakken moeten we samenwerken, maar dit gaat vaak heel lastig..."

>> "... samenwerken, dit gaat vaak heel lastig ...".

"Als het iemand is die mij als een gelijkwaardig mens en met respect behandelt, zal ik diegene ook zo behandelen. Helaas is dit niet altijd het geval."

>> "... en met respect behandelt zal ik diegene ook zo behandelen, helaas is dit niet altijd het geval".

"... maar vaak raakt de planning in de war en dat krijgt dan een sneeuwbal effect bij het hele project."

>> "... maar vaak zorgt een onduidelijke planning voor verwarring en belemmert zij de verdere ontwikkeling van het project.". (planning = vrouwelijk;)

"Als ik individueel werk dan heb ik een goede planning en weet ik precies wat ik moet doen en wanneer."

>> "... zelfstandig werk ... " + "... wat ik wanneer moet doen.".

"Max OS X van v6 t/m v10."

>> "Mac OS X"

"Ik wil naar MBO Utrecht (Midden Nederland) en daar eerst de opleiding 'Medewerker Beheer ICT' doen voor 3 jaar op niveau 3."

>> "Midden-Nederland". + "... en daar de opleiding ... ".

"Bij Medewerker beheer ICT zal ik makkelijke dingen doen zoals zorgen dat de printers werken ... "

>> "... zoals er voor zorgen dat ... ".

"Bij Applicatieontwikkelaar / interactieve motion designer gaat het om het bouwen en ontwerpen van Websites/Apps."

>> "... van websites en applicaties.". (why did you spell them with capital letters?)

"Dit interesseert mij meer omdat het maken en ontwerpen van een website en en het observeren van de tevredenheid van de mensen voldoening geven."

>> "... een website en het observeren ... ".

Yeah, there you go.

There may be some more mistakes I missed while correcting the text, but they will eventually get cleaned up I suppose.

Have fun with your presentation, let us know how it went.

-- Mae B

Learning

Thanks for the correction points, i've looked at them and considerd some.

The 'line-spacing' should be 'line-height', right?

The website is for a presentation so i removed the navigation bar (I had it on the top) but maybe i could make a navigation bar like this.

The intention of the animations where to make it more like a PowerPoint or Prezi presentation and so that people can focus on one text instead of having all this text thrown at their face. (As a dyslectic person i know how horrifying that could be)

What are some things where i could impliment blue more? Maybe in the headers of text?

And thanks! :) I don't have very much experience so i indeed hope it will improve when i get some more! 

Yeah, should be line-height, my bad :P

One place you could use blue is for the bottom border for the headers, just an idea.

Yeah, should be line-height, my bad :P

One place you could use blue is for the bottom border for the headers, just an idea.

I've put the line-height to 150% and it looks indeed better. I'll play a little with the colors but i don't know if it will look good but still thanks for the suggestion!

-snip-

Have fun with your presentation, let us know how it went.

-- Mae B

Thanks, i've implimented all the text, i will have to practice some more to know it out of my head but that will probably go just fine! :) Still thanks again man, really appreciate it!

Thanks, i've implimented all the text, i will have to practice some more to know it out of my head but that will probably go just fine! :) Still thanks again man, really appreciate it!

No problem mate, I like helping people.

And it should be "implemented" instead of "implimented", FYI. :)

If you ever need help or a language correction, just ask me and I will help you where I can.

Learning

And it should be "implemented" instead of "implimented", FYI. :)

MOTHER*****R! :D