i7 4770k

asus vii hero z97

2x 4Gb 2400 mhz kingston hyperx furry

asus r9 290x 4gb direct ci 2

samsung pro 256gb

WD 1Tb black

cooler master v650 semy modular 

fractal design define r4

my case and psu didnt arive yet and i hooked my system in my old case with my half year old lcpower 600h-12 psu.

I am allitle consern of my temperetures of my gpu. it runs hot. tempereture in my room is 25 degres and i have mostly dark so sun isnt a option. I fear my psu fcked up my gpu :/

i never puted gpu to 100% strees and i didnt do anything that would cause huge load.

is this normal or did my  psu fcked it up.

Pic of temperetures screen shoted with HwMonitor.

>WaRRioR_ would like quake full and final....will trade vital organs.\"

5960x, rampage v extreme, 2x 16Gb ddr4 g skil 2400mhz ram, 2x 2tb black WD, 4x samsung pro 256Gb, 3x gtx 980 evga superclocked, Corsair ax1200w, define r4, noctua nhd15, 4x dell u2412m....

600W is plenty of power to run that system, might be something else that is causing such high temps.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Open the side of the case and it's not that hot. it can handle like 90.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It's not that hot?

this is idle pc is doing nothing and temp in my room is 25 right now

5960x, rampage v extreme, 2x 16Gb ddr4 g skil 2400mhz ram, 2x 2tb black WD, 4x samsung pro 256Gb, 3x gtx 980 evga superclocked, Corsair ax1200w, define r4, noctua nhd15, 4x dell u2412m....

this is idle pc is doing nothing and temp in my room is 25 right now

Depends on the airflow too, it's not that hot for the GPU and certainly not for the hot temperature in your room.

its not even that hot. Its running at around 40 degrees which is normal for a gpu at idle. If it goes higher than 50/55 at idle then you should be concerned. Dont worry nothing is wrong with your gpu.

My PC Specs:          CPU: i5 4690k(stock speed of 3.50GHz)          GPU: MSI GTX 770 4GB          Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD and 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD             Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz           Motherboard: Z97 Asus Maximus VII Ranger          PSU: Corsair RM650 650W          CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO                    Case: Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl with window         OS: Windows 10 Pro                                

huge stone went off my heart i spend over 2000 eur in this pc if something would be wrong i would probably cry or something

which R9 290X? brand and is it refrence??

anyways from what i know off the interweb

some ppl says the R9 290X even runs at 21 degrees even at idle

at full load from 75 to 93 degrees max

Yeah it really doenst seem that high especially considering ambient temps.

It is quite a hot running card

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

which R9 290X? brand and is it refrence??

anyways from what i know off the interweb

some ppl says the R9 290X even runs at 21 degrees even at idle

at full load from 75 to 93 degrees max

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/R9290XDC24GD5/

this one

it runs 43 idle and 85 load :/

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/R9290XDC24GD5/

this one

it runs 43 idle and 85 load :/

lol not surprised my classmate told me his asus's top version R9 280X DCU ii is runnin really hot too

after he took is GPU apart he realized he had to clean the core's thermo greese oof and reapply and the copper pipes wasn't really touching the cores...

it may seem quiet but it ain't cool hahaha

I don't see anything wrong here.. dude,if you think 43c is too hot,you should come to my country. My gpu idles at 43c 

Also,a psu has no effects whatsoever on a gpu temp. Where did you get that idea?

I don't see anything wrong here.. dude,if you think 43c is too hot,you should come to my country. My gpu idles at 43c 

Also,a psu has no effects whatsoever on a gpu temp. Where did you get that idea?

well i know 290x is monster in power eating i thought my psu cant handle gpu and well amm does something bad to it :D

ti1m, on 12 Jun 2014 - 9:22 PM, said:

well i know 290x is monster in power eating i thought my psu cant handle gpu and well amm does something bad to it :D

Ok,here's my advice. I have no idea or any information about that power supply at all. So if you feel that psu is inadequate for the system,stop using it. Or the least you can do is not put any stress on the system for example playing games or do some benchmark,be it cpu or the gpu. I know you are all excited and cant wait for the components to arrive and start building everything,but patience is virtue.

600-650W is easily enough. Your PSU won't fuck up your GPU, even if it can't deliver enough power to it. Not delivering enough power to your GPU won't cause it to run hot. 40C is not that hot. I have an R9 280X DC2T also from Asus and it idles about the same, and then drops in temperature a little when I stress it a bit. Probably the thermal paste. Still, 40C is not enough to get worried over. When you get your new case and power supply hook it all up and play some games or do some benchmarks, and see how hot it gets. Then you may have reason to be concerned.

The 290X is rated by AMD for 90C and Intel rates their cpus at 105C Linus even has a video stating this on Techquickie

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

The temps are not that bad.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Those temps are fine. PSU has nothing to do with temps. If you are worried work on case airflow and replace thermal compound with something like IC diamond. I don't know about the particular one you have, but I know OEM 290xs run hot as it is, so don't worry. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Those temps are fine. PSU has nothing to do with temps. If you are worried work on case airflow and replace thermal compound with something like IC diamond. I don't know about the particular one you have, but I know OEM 290xs run hot as it is, so don't worry. 

Pretty much agree with everything you said. But he said that his 290x is a DCU2.

Pretty much agree with everything you said. But he said that his 290x is a DCU2.

looking at temps for the dcu2, those are a bit high, but good airflow and thermal compound would fix that. Nothing to be worried about.  :)

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

looking at temps for the dcu2, those are a bit high, but good airflow and thermal compound would fix that. Nothing to be worried about.  :)

42 C idle isn't that bad in the first place. Although there are always ways to make it cooler :P

42 C idle isn't that bad in the first place. Although there are always ways to make it cooler :P

Yes, for example

lelouch vi britannia commands you- IDLE AT A LOWER TEMPERATURE! 

muh specs 

All parts black