Valve Hints at another Steam Summer Sale

CCap

This morning I was crafting some trading cards when I received a "mysterious card 4" - Immediately I had to have this badge for clear reasons, and after purchasing the entire pack, I have found out that I can't even craft the badge. 

A quick google search led me to this article, which states that it is Valve hinting at a Steam Summer Getaway Sale for 2014.

Thanks to a previously leaked image requesting that developers get their sale spreadsheets in by 13 June, we’ve been able to speculate before that the Steam Summer Sale will be starting in the mid-to-late period of that month (probably around the week beginning 23 June.) The recent appearance of Mysterious Cards adds a little weight to that, because we all know how much Valve love their sale-specific trading card games.

OA: http://www.incgamers.com/2014/06/mysterious-cards-suggest-steam-summer-sale-is-coming-soon

If this is true, so far I have received the card drop from crafting the following sets, and I am currently unaware if this is received when crafting any badge, or just the following. Thus far, these are what I've crafted:

List of Games that will likely go on Sale during the sale:

• Civilization V
  • Skyrim
  • Cthulu Saves the World

I have a badge for almost every Valve-created game, so I don't know if you can actually craft the badge yet or not (I'm doubting the legitimacy of the article). I just know that it has actually dropped from those games, and if you know of any other badges you can craft where you still get the cards, feel free to let me know and I'll update the list. 

:)

EDIT: Sale confirmed. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=835577

//ccap

At this point in time Skyrim should be regularly priced at like 10 bucks and go on sale for 5. It's like 3 years old!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Yse,Yes, Yes, been waiting for this :D, glad to se it is finally coming.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

At this point in time Skyrim should be regularly priced at like 10 bucks and go on sale for 5. It's like 3 years old!

It's so good that I'm really okay with it sitting at $20.

I'm not okay with Oblivion sitting at $20 as well.

and still no game looks better than modded Skyrim... wtf are game devs doing? :(

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Yet modding has kept it not only fresh with new stuff to do but looking almost as good as 2013 and even some 2014 releases.

Lesson for other devs: mod makers man, feed them, love em, make sure they stay.

-------

Current Rig

-------

There's going to be a Steam Summer Sale and Skyrim is going to be on offer...

No... Way...

My wallet is ready...

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Damn it, I just bought a house. This is gonna hurt! Holding my fingers crossed that the sale are for games I already own hehe :)

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

I'm gonna spend so much money on this sale it's ridiculous. I have saved up a whole year for this moment. I just hope it's a good sale and the Steam client servers actually stay up.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

About time :)  Hopefully servers won't get rekt

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Can't wait! Though I'm not sure there are many games that I want.. yet. I'm sure Valve will make many games cheap enough to look enticing for my wallet. Definitely going to get Skyrim though.

Fallout 3 is 8 years and is still worth every penny of the £10 you pay for it on steam

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

That's not a hint, that's pretty much confirmation that it's coming soon.

A similar thing has happened with last year's summer and winter sales. They put mystery cards in our inventory's so we get hyped.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

I did not see this coming..

/sarcasm

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Steam sale coming? When is Steam Not on sale?

Weeklong Deals + Today's Deal + Spotlight = Too many games, too little money :(

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Fuck

Now I have to buy and play more games.....

Oh wait that is a good thing

Maybe I will break 400! (currently at 330 although that will be higher by the end of the day)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Call of Duty(the first one) is still $20 AFAIK

| i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz | GSkill Trident Z 32GB RAM | EVGA 1080Ti Black | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB |
| Fractal Design Meshify C | Noctua NH-D14S | 2x Samsung C27JG50Q 1440p 144Hz |

There's indeed games that refuse to go under 20$. I remember that the first Assassins Creed is still at 20$ too... That's like 2007 I think. 

Activision doesn't really understand pricing. What kind of insanity is this that the first Call of Duty that came out 11 years ago is the same price as Call of Duty: World at War which came out 5 years ago.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.