Corsair... why u do dis to me

so 3 months ago i bought a H100i to cool my 8350, worked for 1 month... then my cpu just randomly started overheating... tried literally everything, reseated, shook, reapplied TIM, nothing, wouldnt even get past boot without overheating... i got a replacement, this time the replacement worked for 2 months! then the exact same thing has started to happen... have i just been the most unluckiest person in the world or has corsair done a bad batch of these units? seriously considering jumping the corsair ship because of this... gonna get either a H110 or a swiftech H220 this time and see if it was me derping or corsairs integrity sucking...

Also: has anyone else had this same issue? discuss here

The Swiftech H220 is less reliable then the H100i so stay away from that

I moved to a custom loop after having bad experiences with corsair AIOs. Wouldn't recommend them to anybody.

The H100i is generally pretty reliable, but maybe they had a bad batch. You could get a tower cooler and not really have to worry with a pump or anything going wrong. 

Not even remotely true.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

seriously considering jumping the corsair ship because of this... 

I see what you did there  :P

I should be studying.

lol sooooooo wrong!

Op i would get a H220 corsair is very overrated and there actually not that good.

I'd move to air op, I just don't like AIO

Oh I broke 1000 posts and didn't notice :'(

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Get a tower cooler and be done with it. Peace in your mind :)

#TowercoolerMasterRace?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I moved to a custom loop after having bad experiences with corsair AIOs. Wouldn't recommend them to anybody.

Exactly my thoughts. My h100i was loud and really didn't cool that well; at least compared to my loop.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

• 3 weeks later...

Terve!
To be honest, I do not consider AIOs as a cooling solution anymore.

I had a Corsair H40, which died and was repaced. This replace model died as well.

The H60 the customer gave me for the dead H40 was returned by me unopened.

The final reason for this was that my friend had problems with the Antec H2O 920 (I'm not completely 

shure with the model, but you could get them with AMD's FX 8150), which had a problem with the pump.

It did not start sometimes. Also I got in touch with the "club magical white smoke" of some AIOs. (swiftecs H220 if I am remembering correctly?)

Since then I recommend air coolers. The performance is similar if you have enough room on top of your CPU

and I have to say that I did not have a single problem with the NH-D14 I put in my first self-made PC.

Sayonara!

h100i has so many bad patches. you're lucky if you get one that lasts more than a couple months.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

My H100i had the LEDs fail. But everything else seems to be fine.

I'm just waiting... 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz