I'm really starting to dislike people who don't do basic cable management

MPX309

Okey, so I've joined this group on FB, Not sure I'm allowed to say the name, probably best I don't incase other people on here (infact I'm sure there are) are also a member, and some people might be who I am referring to, so in an attempt not to insult anyone directly (and it's not a personal thing) I shall refrain from naming said group. It's basically a group about PC gaming though, and as you'd expect people post their rigs. . . but there's some really shocking 'cable management' and I'm not expecting everyone to have the neatest all tucked away cables, but like I'm referring to rigs where people haven't even bothered to route their 24 pin behind the motherboard tray? . . . It's fine if you can't be arsed to do that, but don't post pictures and not expect people to call you out on it.

Anyone else share this dare I say rather pedantic notion? 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

I really can't stand those rigs either. You build a custom PC for a reason: to firstly have superior hardware, then to have a much better PC than you can buy retail and you're going to be lazy with cable management? Dafuq man

Welcome to the perfect anal PC look part of the race. 

Plus some people might not be able to cable manage due to case size being too big and wires being to small. But I get your point. And still others just post it because they are still very little noobs. 

Thread reported for discrimination against non-cablemanagers.

No but seriously, I agree. Loose cables are a bit of an eyesore, unsleeved cables are even worse. I hate working in cases that have no routing holes, it's plain annoying.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Plus some people might not be able to cable manage due to case size being too big and wires being to small. But I get your point. And still others just post it because they are still very little noobs. 

To be honest, I don't think being a custom PC builder noob is an excuse. My first custom rig (the one I have now) was built with cable management in mind. I didn't want to "built it as fast as possible", I took my time with it and routed my cables where they needed to go, got every cable out of the way that I could, even the fan cables running from my big ass NH-D14 (if you don't route them a certain way they stick out a little bit, but they're not that noticeable).

The only excuse is the first part of what you said, but then again people should know better. It's the same thing when I go into people's houses who try to fit big furniture into small rooms. You need to get things that fit (that's what she said) and go with what you're building.

Whatever. Least they're not playing on consoles.

I rout all my cables behind the motherboard tray so that they can't be seen through my side panel window, then I squeeze the completely catastrophic mess of cable-spaghetti under my rear side panel, use brute force to force the thing on, and then never touch it again. Every build needs a little chaos ;) I have no understanding for people who don't even bother to hide the mess, though. If you have space behind your motherboard tray, you use it. If you don't, you've got the wrong case.

There are a lot of PCs which don't look good. If people post pictures of those I just skim over them. In the same vein, you don't have to read newspaper articles you're not interested in.

There is a difference between an enthusiast PC and a gaming PC.

An enthusiast PC not only goes for the best possible hardware, but also the best possible aesthetics to make their build look good.

A gaming PC is only meant for running games, in which case price/performance is what really matters, and many people do not care what their PC looks like inside.

Then some people are in between that not only go for price/performance, but also try to make it look somewhat decent.

I am sorry, but I hate what peoples builds look like 90% of the time. My GPU may suck, but at least my PC looks almost like a work of art.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I like my mess of wires, thank you! :P

twitch.tv/hauntedhyrule

first one might just be testing . . . but the other 2 I think are u know, proper systems 
10438957_256719207864812_578371722653944

10378943_832556006774342_505107638093630

1540487_10152470400899254_20537251090625

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

1385190_1496342553931208_431632663542796

this case I don't think has any room for rear cable management, but even so. 

Well, if they don't have a window on their case, they probably don't give a damn about cable management.

Mine ain't that bad because I did try to route most cables from my non-modular PSU behind the motherboard tray, but since I don't have a window, I do have a few stray cables here and there. (mostly Fan cables though)

And let's be honest here, how much does proper cabling vs bad cabling affect performances/temperatures? My bet is not that much.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Well, if they don't have a window on their case, they probably don't give a damn about cable management.

Mine ain't that bad because I did try to route most cables from my non-modular PSU behind the motherboard tray, but since I don't have a window, I do have a few stray cables here and there. (mostly Fan cables though)

And let's be honest here, how much does proper cabling vs bad cabling affect performances/temperatures? My bet is not that much.

Pride of ownership man...

It is annoying when people completely discard it. I don't have a very good case but I've got most of mine out of the way with the larger cables tucked behind my drive bays.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

There came a point where I stopped caring...so much so that I have not even put either of my side panels on, and not even installed my optical drive.

Its a very open airflow design ive got now. :/

my cable managment sucks because my case sucks

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Pride of ownership man...

Pride of knowing the inside of my PC that nobody other than me will ever see is "clean" of cable? Yeah.. no... Not only do I not have a side window, but my PC inside a compartment of my desk, which is enclosed on all side with a frosted glass door in front, I don't even want to see the case itself.

I care more about the components inside and how they each affect my PC's performances, than the aesthetic of those parts and the cables linking all those parts which does nothing performances wise, sorry. (I got a bunch of those poop brown Noctua fans, which doesn't go well at all with my blue motherboard, red RAM or black and white GPU cooler with multicolored barely sleeved PSU cables.)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Oh how you would hate my PC. I have a 120mm fan suspended by zip ties in the middle of the case so that it can cool my motherboard's VRM, although it is the only solution I can think of short of buying as new motherboard. 

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

Well this is my sons pc we built together, we are amatuers... is this acceptable cable management?

We kinda did a case mod by removing the lower drive cage, and then we used an adaptor to mount his SSHD into the 5.25" bay above... so we only needed 1 modular cable to power the optical and mechanical drives.  This is a Corsair 200R case if anyone was wondering.

post-50528-0-65045400-1402158147_thumb.j

post-50528-0-65045400-1402158147_thumb.j

My rig =SCOUT2= 

Unless the case has a side window I don't care too much...

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

Its not being anal, more like common sense. If you build your own rig, you'd want the best for it, like reducing heat and improving looks... right? 

CPU: i5-3570k @4.6Ghz MOBO: Asus Sabertooth P67 GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 980 Superclocked Reference @1.5Ghz Core, 8Ghz Memory

RAM: Crucial Ballistix tactical tracer 8GB  PSU: Cooler Master V700 Fully Modular CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i Water Cooler

CASE: Corsair Graphite 760T STORAGE: Two 240 GB Crucial M500 SSD RAID 0 + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB cache 7200RPM 

Its not being anal, more like common sense. If you build your own rig, you'd want the best for it, like reducing heat and improving looks... right? 

Nope.