4k on Three Monitors

tharvey

There is no card (as of today), SLI or anything, that could a 12K resolution (3x4K monitors) or at least for really intensive games at max.

Even two 780ti`s would only max you out on one 4k monitor, or you could lower all your details to get that resolution.

in gaming or in general computing?

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

No sir.. 4K is 3860x2160 and I don't think it'll be able to get 3GB VRAM on 3 4K monitors...

You need atleast SLI of GTX 780 Ti ... but it won't mean higher VRAM..

I mean 4 GTX 780 Tis ....

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

I think you should wait for the 800 series when it comes to 4K since the 780 ti cannot provide a decent framerate for ultra 4K nevertheless 3 of them.

Display port can do 2 monitors and then one will have to be on hdmi which would suck cuz of the 30hz thing. So you can't even connect 3 displays. 

what's with you people and this creepy anime.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I will try my best and not offend you.

1) That card has too less vRAM

2) to push 4K monitors (meaning gaming above 30fps), you need 4 of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487036&cm_re=gtx_titan_black-_-14-487-036-_-Product

OR

2 of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121875&cm_re=r9_295x2-_-14-121-875-_-Product

iHKmVnB5qiYRY.gif

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

I think you should wait for the 800 series when it comes to 4K since the 780 ti cannot provide a decent framerate for ultra 4K nevertheless 3 of them.

800 series is all about power efficiency not performance... don't be expecting anything amazing from it.  But as people have said not even two 780ti's or 290x's will be able to do 3 4K displays. They struggle with 1right now. Also 4K is a dead format dont even bother just get 3 1080p screens and two of the above cards and ultra any game you like :)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I somehow feel this is a joke.

Anyway, your question has already been answered by people above, so I'm not going to bother.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

When Nvidia showed off their 3 x 4K set up, they used 4 Titan Blacks and the game still wasn't running on high or ultra.

At 4K gaming you should be looking more to 2 R9 295 X2 in Crossfire, realistically this set up would do better in 4K gaming unless you want to absolutely blow your wallet on 2 Titan Z in Sli.   

XLOEXS ICase Corsair® Obsidian 250D | CPU Intel® Core™ i7 4790K | GPU NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX TITAN Black 6GB | Motherboard Asus Z97i-Plus | Memory 16GB Corsair® Dominator™ Platinum DDR3-2133 (2x8GB) | HDD 3TB Seagate® Barracuda™ XT | SSD 500GB Samsung® 840 EVO SSD | Cooling Swiftech Apogee Drive II CPU block/Pump Combo, Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis GTS 240 + EKWB XTC CoolStream 140 Radiators, NoiseBlocker Black Silent Pro PLS 120mm X 2 + Corsair AF-140 Fans, Koolance TNK-501 Single 5.25in Bay Reservoir, Rev.1.1, Primochill Advance LRT Flexible PVC Tubing, Mayhems Pastel Mint Green Coolant | PSU Corsair® Professional Digital Series AX860 80+ Platinum Certified Modular Power Supply.

Also 4K is a dead format dont even bother just get 3 1080p screens and two of the above cards and ultra any game you like :)

wot

4K is getting more and more popular.

On low settings, sure. 

Even 4 Titan Blacks would be awful at 3x4K. We're struggling with a single 4K display, how are we going to do three?

iHKmVnB5qiYRY.gif

stop hurting @TopWargamer ;-;

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

wot

4K is getting more and more popular.

Just my opinion.  ;)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

You could game on one and have a 2ndary video card handle the two others(not for gaming of course) 

On low settings, sure. 

Even 4 Titan Blacks would be awful at 3x4K. We're struggling with a single 4K display, how are we going to do three?

Hahah thats gold... I loled.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

in gaming or in general computing?

a little of both

There is no card (as of today), SLI or anything, that could a 12K resolution (3x4K monitors) or at least for really intensive games at max.

Even two 780ti`s would only max you out on one 4k monitor, or you could lower all your details to get that resolution.

Let me be your daily asshole real quick, 12K would be 9x4K Monitors slapped together, sir. 

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

4K is a dead format dont even bother just get 3 1080p screens and two of the above cards and ultra any game you like :)

Thats really dumb i dont know if u know but the world cup is being filmed in 4k.... movies are coming out in upscaled 4k this year. why do i feel like you are one of those people who said 1080p is dead and now everyone has a 1080p panel in some form or another lol.

3 4k displays would need a shit ton of vRAM and a quad GPU setup.

I say that 4 Titans would be required.

3 4k displays would need a shit ton of vRAM and a quad GPU setup.

I say that 4 Titans would be required.

vRam doesnt stack, increasing the number of cards wont help. What would help would be 3 of these badboys: http://videocardz.com/49911/sapphire-shows-radeon-r9-290x-toxic-8gb-memory

Edit: Buylink: http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/Grafikkarten/Alle-Grafikkarten/Sapphire-Radeon-R9-290X-Vapor-X-Tri-X-OC-8192-MB-DDR5-DP-HDMI::27272.html

Edited by Kukielka

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

vRam doesnt stack, increasing the number of cards wont help. What would help would be 3 of these badboys: http://videocardz.com/49911/sapphire-shows-radeon-r9-290x-toxic-8gb-memory

I am aware that vRAM does not stack in a CrossFireX/SLI environment, basically what I meant by that statement was that something like a Titan with 6GB vRAM would be necessary. Apologies that I did not make my post clear.

I am aware that vRAM does not stack in a CrossFireX/SLI environment, basically what I meant by that statement was that something like a Titan with 6GB vRAM would be necessary. Apologies that I did not make my post clear.

Was not meant in a mean way :D I would still prefer having 3 - 4 of the above mentioned cards (for this extreme setup ofc, otherwise it would be a pretty good way to burn your money) :D

Was not meant in a mean way :D I would still prefer having 3 - 4 of the above mentioned cards (for this extreme setup ofc, otherwise it would be a pretty good way to burn your money) :D

OK.

If a water-block was made for that card I would die a happy man. I'm only 12 so that's a little ways off.