Bitfenix Prodigy - Fallout 3 Case Mod - Vault Boy

Another small update:

I ordered the screws I need for the front and side panels online as no one around my area had what I was looking for. And also ordered some transparent blue vinyl of eBay Hong Kong, the only place I could find any lol.

In the mean time I got bored and decided to hooks the 140s to my current rig and see how they looks and sound. Awesome looking fans and very quiet in my opinion, luckily I won't need to use any speed reducers.

Check it out:

post-20077-0-65840400-1404811180_thumb.j

post-20077-0-17691400-1404811128_thumb.j

post-20077-0-96436400-1404811139_thumb.j

post-20077-0-14177800-1404811161_thumb.j

I do like how the dust filters look when the fans are on so I need to figure out a way to make them stay on and also be able to take them off for cleaning, and fix the messed up one.

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

What about adhesive magnetic tape instead of using the fan mounting screws?

The dust filters are already magnetic as that was the plan to just stick them on top with the magnets they have but unfortunately the Koolance shroud is aluminum :(.

I've also looked at some 280mm radiator grills but they are all either acrylic or antimagnetic stainless steel so I think I will just have to go with the fan mounts and when I wanna clean I guess I'll just brush it of

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Great work so far, I really like the blue over all, specially those led fans. But the yellow dust filters are just not mine @ all, to each their own I guess. But maybe it'll work out when everything is complete :)

Thanks for liking the case. I also didn't really like the dust filters at the start but I reckon they look good when the fans are on. I'm gonna try and get the paint of the filter itself and that will also fix the messed up one and might just look better too, with not that much yellow, just on the sides. I'll work on that tomorrow.

SIMPLE MODZ

What about some double sided klett-strips, two strips on one of the dust filters and it'll stick and will also be easy removable.

Example

Thanks! That's a good idea actually. Lucky for the example you put up coz I had no idea what that was at first lol. So is it some kind of velcro? Without the fluffy stuff by the looks of what I found on google

Something like this ?

SIMPLE MODZ

Thanks! That's a good idea actually. Lucky for the example you put up coz I had no idea what that was at first lol. So is it some kind of velcro? Without the fluffy stuff by the looks of what I found on google

Something like this ?

Correct.

I don't know if it's called "klett" in english :D I know it from child shoes, those easy locks when you're too young to bind your shoes ;)

Correct.

I don't know if it's called "klett" in english :D I know it from child shoes, those easy locks when you're too young to bind your shoes ;)

Yup I know what you mean haha :D. I might buy some tomorrow. Thanks for the tip :D

SIMPLE MODZ

Comming together nicely ciobanulx, color scheme also reminds me of the warhammer 40k ultramarines paint job.

In terms of the velcro stuff, it's called 3D dual lock. Basicly a plastic velcro alternative that locks in place.

4 small 3mm ⌀ magnets embedded in each corner of the filter however would give a cleaner look.  As you won't have the bulk of the velcro on show.

If you can find the right size magnets you could even push them into the screw holes on the filters and have them magnetise to the metal of the bolts securing the fans.

So that's gonna look awesome with the fans on top with that shroud.

Edit:

Awwww why top intake instead of exhaust? would have looked awesome without the dust covers on top.

Still looks good though.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Edit: There, that better? sadly I couldn't find a clip of that from MIB on youtube that was short enough to use :(

Comming together nicely ciobanulx, color scheme also reminds me of the warhammer 40k ultramarines paint job.

In terms of the velcro stuff, it's called 3D dual lock. Basicly a plastic velcro alternative that locks in place.

4 small 3mm ⌀ magnets embedded in each corner of the filter however would give a cleaner look.  As you won't have the bulk of the velcro on show.

If you can find the right size magnets you could even push them into the screw holes on the filters and have them magnetise to the metal of the bolts securing the fans.

Thanks for liking what I've done with it. Magnets was the initial plan I was going with and actually these dust filters already have two small magnets in each corner but unfortunately the Koolance shroud is aluminium so magnets don't work. That's why I got these dust filters in the first place, because I thought with the magnets I can just take them off to clean them.

I'm also worried about the bulk of Velcro but I will give it a try. Otherwise I will just screw the dust filters to the shroud and just use a brush when cleaning

SIMPLE MODZ

So that's gonna look awesome with the fans on top with that shroud.

Edit:

Awwww why top intake instead of exhaust? would have looked awesome without the dust covers on top.

Still looks good though.

Edit: There, that better? sadly I couldn't find a clip of that from MIB on youtube that was short enough to use :(

Hi mate. Thanks for liking it. I have no idea what you're talking about in that second post though lol

The reason why I'm doing top intake is because I can't use dust filters on the front panel they way I wanna do it, I won't be able to remove them. Once the front panel is complete and you see it you will probably get what I mean haha. Though if I have to screw the dust filters to the top I guess I can also do it in the front and have the top exhausting and exposed. But I'll need to get some 120mm dust filters.

For now I'm gonna try the Velcro on top and see how that looks. Might reconsider doing exhaust on top if I have to screw the dust filters. Will probably try both options and post on here :)

SIMPLE MODZ

What if you glue magnets to the under side of the shroud?

This is also a good idea mate. Will have a look underneath when I take the shroud off next time to see how I could do this. Thanks mate

SIMPLE MODZ

Hi mate. Thanks for liking it. I have no idea what you're talking about in that second post though lol

The reason why I'm doing top intake is because I can't use dust filters on the front panel they way I wanna do it, I won't be able to remove them. Once the front panel is complete and you see it you will probably get what I mean haha. Though if I have to screw the dust filters to the top I guess I can also do it in the front and have the top exhausting and exposed. But I'll need to get some 120mm dust filters.

For now I'm gonna try the Velcro on top and see how that looks. Might reconsider doing exhaust on top if I have to screw the dust filters. Will probably try both options and post on here :)

I was responding to the troll who was complaining about me making 2 posts in a row.

I'll be interested to see what you end up doing with the front. And If possible, yellow fans ontop with blue or black filters, the yellow filters are a bit much, but still, good looking project.

I was responding to the troll who was complaining about me making 2 posts in a row.

I'll be interested to see what you end up doing with the front. And If possible, yellow fans ontop with blue or black filters, the yellow filters are a bit much, but still, good looking project.

Yea at first I thought the yellow on top was a bit too much but once I had the fans on today I reckon it looked pretty good with the blue LEDs shining through it. I'm gonna have a go at getting the paint of the actual filter and just have yellow on the sides. Might look better that way. Gonna have a go at that tomorrow

SIMPLE MODZ

Hey you seriously need to start multiquoting

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

loving the fallout colour scheme

In my opinion it would look amazing if you made it look worn, like it survived the apocalypse, all scuffed up and distressed.

Although It does look good clean...hmm

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The dust filters are already magnetic as that was the plan to just stick them on top with the magnets they have but unfortunately the Koolance shroud is aluminum :(.

I've also looked at some 280mm radiator grills but they are all either acrylic or antimagnetic stainless steel so I think I will just have to go with the fan mounts and when I wanna clean I guess I'll just brush it of

how flexible are the filters? you could cut out the corners of the filters that way when you want to clean them you just loosen the screws and kinda bend them out so you don't have to worry about the fans falling

just an idea

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

you can buy sticky back magnetis strips from almost any hardware store.

but again it might look bulky, could be possible to stick them on the under side if powerful enough.

i am sure you will figure something out.

got to love Asus components

I didn't realise the fans under the yellow filters where blue, that will look good.