Post Your 3D Models/Creations Here!

On 2/28/2017 at 9:00 PM, .spider. said:

Need more RAM

Top is displaying Blender's RAM usage in terabytes now.?

Screenshot_20170304-132044.png

• 4 weeks later...

Loudspeaker wip

untitled.jpg.606671e1e71bfa71304decf6c59ff161.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Greetings folks, so... the past two weeks I've had an idea stuck in my head and I've been trying to put it together as best as possible but I'd like to challenge y'all to help with it.
So this might seem off topic atm but it's not (I hope), everyone by now must have realized how PC Builds treand is to go as flashy, led, rgb as possible... thing is that's a thing of the 2000s, as in remember when tunning cars trend was to put an acrylic hood to show the engine, and then put neon lights everywhere one could? Yeah might just be me but that seems to be today's pc builds trend with a slight tweak being neons are leds and change colors, and instead of acrylic the trend is tempered glass.

So my idea/challenge is to think ahead of the current trend of pcs and push to nowadays car standards, such as and there might be a few more than these, and build a 3D model of a case w/wo components:

• The engine is meant to look as clean and neat as possible, in black and grey (Carbon fiber, titanium or whatever) with the cover, cables and such corresponding to the outside color of the car.
  • The engine is partially shown through a window, that is often a seamless continuation of the windshield and others covering the interior of the car
  • Aerodynamics start to play and even bigger part, where they serve as air funnels to cool the components when the car's at high speed, but at low speed will help to break the car and maybe even lower the sound. 
  • And lastly every car coming out today or at least most have daily light leds that define a car's attitude, like eyebrows, these are thing lines that trace the car shape usually white.

The SpaceVFX tutorials are glorious.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Learning rigging using a basic box modelled character I did in 3ds max the typology needs to be changed to better accommodate the rigging process but I've started some basic weighting on the leg just to see it working, it needs a lot of work and retopology but this is what I have so far, its a start.

edit: more of the weighting done still needs a lot of work and I have to change the typology so that there are less errors but this is basically the first pass minus the arm.

Edited by moderategamer

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

1 hour ago, .spider. said:

Storage WIP

Need to find a way to assign a material to 540 objects randomly (LEDs on/off)

Animation Nodes probably has something for that... it has something for everything.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

20 hours ago, Serin said:

Animation Nodes probably has something for that... it has something for everything.

Select random did the trick.

Each led is a single face so I could select them randomly and apply materials to it.

• 1 month later...

I've been a bit away from topic lately, but here's a few print screens from a game I recently developed for a gamejam where I acted as 3d Modeler.

Screen_1.jpg

Screen_2.jpg

• 3 months later...

So silent here.

Just a quick headphone jack

Headphone.jpg.1c5f7ed60bd689190ca34d3ae1e7a852.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

In case you missed it. Since October 21th Cycles (in daily builds) supports rendering on GPU and CPU simultaneously. 

blender.PNG.f93792f7d298664b6714fae9f982b004.PNG

Speed is not scaling perfectly. Because both processors are using the same tile size. 

• 2 months later...

Hey sorry to revive this post after so long specially since what I'm about to ask isn't entirely a decent enough creation but would anyone in this thread have any insight into blender game engine? I'm currently trying to develop a game for a class and I've even dropped the same question on BlenderArtists.org but sadly no reply yet.
Basically ... my game when I press P simply crashes. Specifically the game scene since the pause one plays just fine ... I'll upload the file I have just in case someone has the time to reply.

Also slightly off topic I invited all interested to come hangout on my twitch channel starting Monday 15th as I'll be returning to creative streams and they are mostly if not all related to blender modeling.

The Gayme.blend

• 1 month later...

Need some 3DS-Max help trying to rotate some attached objects however when I try they all just rotate round their Local Transforms any idea how to avoid this?

I want them all to rotate as a single object but as you can see they just rotate in position breaking the model.

rotation X-Wing.png

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

• 1 year later...

Reviving the thread because it's mine.

Here's one of my latest works. Modeled in Blender. Texture in SP. Rendered real-time in UE4.

-2v2.jpg?1570469490

7 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

holy crap how did i miss this O_O

This thread is pretty old haha. That's probably why you missed it. ?

Just updated the OP as well. ?

I had some fun with the physics in 3ds max : 

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

1 hour ago, givingtnt said:

snip

what a wonderful little message

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I can't believe it's been ~ 8 years since I started this thread. I have been a professional 3D artist for the past 3 years. Looking back at my beginnings as a 3D artist is very interesting to say the least.

Here is some of my current work:

ninety-4.jpg

ninety-5.jpg

ninety-6.jpg

ninety-7.jpg

ninety-molotov-combined-02.jpg

ninety-molotov-combined-03.jpg

ninety-molotov-render-08.jpg

ninety-r1.jpg

• 1 year later...