LoL VS. DotA 2?

JoshK

Haven't tried Dota, but the community is so bad in LoL you'll wonder why you wasted your time leveling your account to 30 after ranked.

i think LoL is better, tho I don't play it anymore, I would say its Funner to watch LoL competitions then Dota2

Doto 2 dude basically LoL is for kids and Dota 2 is for Men

To bad Arteezy left EG. :(

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

CSGO ofc.

Fujitsu Celsius 380W: i5 650 @ 3.2 Ghz | FUJITSU D2917-A1 | 4GB RAM 1333Mhz | ASUS GTX 750 TI Strix OC Edition | Fujitsu Case | 380W Fujitsu PSU | 250GB HDD | Windows 7 64 bit | Dell P2214H

Rekty Shrekty 

Oh mah gawd... way to start WW3

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White

To bad Arteezy left EG. :(

HEY RTZ IM TRYING TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY RIKI. I JUST HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE SKILL BUILD: SHOULD I MAX BACKSTAB LIKE HOW YOU BACKSTABBED THE SQUAD, SMOKESCREEN SO THEY MISS ME LIKE SQUAD MISS YOU 70% OF THE TIME, OR PERMANENT INVISIBILITY SO I COULD DISAPPEAR LIKE YOU DISAPPEARED FROM SQUAD

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

DotA here, since the old days of w3. But right now the community is killing it. 

Sorry For My Bad English =(

LoL is for Dota2 wannabees who cant understand how to play Dota.

That ought to rustle a few jimmies

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

Back in the days i played a lot of Dota and switched to League, got Plat 1 in S3 and switched to Dota2  after that.

Main differences between Leauge and Dota:
-League is easier to learn

-League is less balanced

-In Dota it is easier to carry your team

-Dota has a better community

Don't get me wrong, there are just as many trolls, flamers etc. in Dota, but I feel like the community is on average older and doesn't bitch around as much as the League community.

Played both. Hated both. But I gave them both another chance, still hated LoL but I somehow fell in love with DOTA. 500 hours later, DOTA is my favorite game. It's so amazing for all the reasons people have already stated.

• 4 weeks later...

In what regions are the LoL communities more toxic than DotA? I'm hailing from SEA DotA myself and I think it's the most toxic community out there :/ The LoL players seem a lot more friendly in comparison here.

I am so happy to see a topic about "Dota2 vs LoL". 

It makes you understand how bad both of their comunities are xD 

It's almost the same kind of fanboyism that you can see when talking about Nvidia anf Amd. 

They are the same kind of game, but have many differences. Their players age is almost the same... 

I played both, and had a good time doing it. 

Usually I play more League since the games are much shorter. 

Also, both their graphics are really nice, they just have a different style. 

P.s. T S M! T S M!

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.00Ghz - Motherboard: ASRock Z97X Killer - RAM: HyperX Savage Kit 2 x 4 GB - GPU: Inno3D iChill Geforce GTX 970 Ultra - Case: NZXT Noctis 450 - Storage (1st): Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB - Storage (2nd): Seagate 2TB HDD - PSU: Evga Supernova 750 G2 80+ Gold

Oh, and ofc... You may meet more toxic players if you are a toxic one too. 

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.00Ghz - Motherboard: ASRock Z97X Killer - RAM: HyperX Savage Kit 2 x 4 GB - GPU: Inno3D iChill Geforce GTX 970 Ultra - Case: NZXT Noctis 450 - Storage (1st): Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB - Storage (2nd): Seagate 2TB HDD - PSU: Evga Supernova 750 G2 80+ Gold

Another problem I have with dota is that it comes down to the players skill way less than league. It comes down to hero counters (not always true)

obviously you havent played dota very much

obviously you havent played dota very much

You quoted a one year old post and it had already been months since I had played dota at that point. Things change.

I've played both of them quite a bit, but have a ton more time in LoL. Communities are equally bad. LoL is better balanced by far, but less all-out crazy because of it. I like runes and masteries, makes things more interesting. I think LoL currently has more heroes/champions. I personally much prefer LoL. Both very good games overall though.

I disagree with everything you said. I played League for 2 years, quit, and am now playing and enjoying DOTA. IMO League has a much more toxic community. Most of my experiences in DOTA are positive. League was so negative that I even stopped playing with friends because they could not keep their cool.

DOTA may appear to have bad balance on the surface, but many MANY more heroes and builds are viable, even at top level play. League has a strictly enforced meta consisting of ~25 champions and the same builds in nearly every game. Too many League heroes straight up outclass each other, causing a huge chunk of the cast to never see the light of day. DOTA follows the philosophy that individual heroes/abilities are allowed to be overpowered because it is a team game and counters exist. League focuses heavily on 1v1 balance and counterplay scenarios, mainly because people cry on the forums every time they get killed 1v1 by an assassin hero.

In DOTA you start the game with everything unlocked. In League you have to play literally thousands of games if you want to unlock every hero and rune without paying money. DOTA has added mechanics such as denies, buyback, many more active items, actual controllable units (none of that alt-click crap), etc. Overall DOTA is much more competitively focused, while League is designed to be an "easy" game to pick up and play with your friends. Easy is in quotes because learning a MOBA is never easy and you will suck for a long time no matter what you do.

Most importantly, DOTA has the superior announcer. Nobody wants to hear the boring league lady call out kills. I want the bad ass Unreal Tournament guy saying M-M-M-MONSTER KILLLLL if I have a sick kill streak going.

I could go on but I don't want to spend the night writing.

tl;dr DOTA is a difficult, competitively focused game. League is casual and is designed to get you to spend your money.

You quoted a one year old post and it had already been months since I had played dota at that point. Things change.

You should notice that they are two different games. There is not a "better one". Just the one you like more.

I prefer LoL, but just a preference, it does take up more storage space than Dota 2 though. Fairly sure LoL is about 30GB, Dota 2 is about 9GB.

Imo they are basically the same game, just different textures, sounds and attacks. 

Not sure if anyone corrected you, but League is fairly small, only 4GB. c2235d9aca.png

Not sure if anyone corrected you, but League is fairly small, only 4GB. 

-snip-

Wow, I thought it was a lot bigger, probably because the launcher took eons to download it. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Wow, I thought it was a lot bigger, probably because the launcher took eons to download it. 

That's just LoL's client sucking ass.

They really should just remake it from the ground up.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

That's just LoL's client sucking ass.

They really should just remake it from the ground up.

most people in LoL are young guys who don't know smack about the origins of MOBA 

DoTA however has a much more diverse crowd ranging from the old guys to the young one's

DoTA has is more balanced and relies on extremely good teamplays that keeps the blood flowing rather than relying on kills to keep the enjoyment up(shutup LoL players this is the truth)

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

(^◡^)っ✂

Excuse me, but why did you quote me?

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

Excuse me, but why did you quote me?

just building up more on what you just said :) so that LoL fanboys will burn

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

I prefer LoL!

Intel i7-7770K | Asus Maximus X Hero  | EVGA GTX980 SuperClocked | 16GB Memory| Samsung 960 EVO M.2 | Corsair RM 750W | Dell 27" S2716DG main display | Dual Dell ST2320L 23" Secondary displays | Windows 10

Logitech G710+ Keyboard | Logitech G502 mouse | Kingston HyperX Cloud headset | Corsair H100i