LoL VS. DotA 2?

JoshK

Ive played DotA for about 50 hours but want to know what Its like compared to LoL.

Ive played DotA for about 50 hours but want to know what Its like compared to LoL.

I've played both of them quite a bit, but have a ton more time in LoL. Communities are equally bad. LoL is better balanced by far, but less all-out crazy because of it. I like runes and masteries, makes things more interesting. I think LoL currently has more heroes/champions. I personally much prefer LoL. Both very good games overall though.

I've played both of them quite a bit, but have a ton more time in LoL. Communities are equally bad. LoL is better balanced by far, but less all-out crazy because of it. I like runes and masteries, makes things more interesting. I think LoL currently has more heroes/champions. I personally much prefer LoL. Both very good games overall though.

Are they both equally as intense when you get almost every hero in the same spot and its all out total war and you dont know where your character is because of all of the spells and attacks flying every where?

Are they both equally as intense when you get almost every hero in the same spot and its all out total war and you dont know where your character is because of all of the spells and attacks flying every where?

Ohhhh yeah. I think league if a bit more intense just for the fact that it is much harder for one single hero to carry. You learn to keep track of your hero in both of them though after enough time.

Oh dota 2 has a better spectate mode iirc.

I prefer LoL, but just a preference, it does take up more storage space than Dota 2 though. Fairly sure LoL is about 30GB, Dota 2 is about 9GB.
Imo they are basically the same game, just different textures, sounds and attacks. 

Edit: Oh I just remembered that Dota 2 has like a 3rd person view thing which I do like. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

So the last thing i want to do is start a heated argument about LoL vs dota, because we all know how thats going to end, but I have to disagree with you. I definitely have quite a bit of experience with both games, ~1000 games in league and just over 700 games in dota, and to me dota is much more balanced, every hero has a counter and one of the things that annoyed me most about LoL was the fact that once they brought a new champ out they are OP as balls until the following patch, which often breaks the game in other ways, though I havent played in a while so things may have changed. Though I am hesitant to claim that the dota community is 'good' i would argue that it is better in some aspects to the league community, such as leavers and feeding.

This might be making me sound like a fan boy but i think dota is more intense, you are actually punished for dieing and getting fed actually means something in dota where as in lol no team is ever really out of the game. But thats just my opinion.

Every loud bang is a lesson learned.

If you want to know what it's like compared to League, go play League.

Another problem I have with dota is that it comes down to the players skill way less than league. It comes down to hero counters (not always true)

this is more what I meant about balanced. dota has a few really broken/stupid things. I see your point though.

Thats actually brilliant, more than likely fixed though, I know in league at one stage you could do the same thing with Heimerdinger. 

Every loud bang is a lesson learned.

Thats actually brilliant, more than likely fixed though, I know in league at one stage you could do the same thing with Heimerdinger. 

I don't think it actually is fixed, I think valve just banned the use of it in tournaments. I'm not 100% sure though. And yeah that was hilarious with donger :P nothing like that ever came up again though.

I don't think it actually is fixed, I think valve just banned the use of it in tournaments. I'm not 100% sure though. And yeah that was hilarious with donger :P nothing like that ever came up again though.

Its fixed, according to patch note's i read. Creeps now sit in middle of lane and wait and don't route around into the forest to get "closer" to their destination. Also dota > lol. Lol baby's the player imo, dota punishes for mistake's. Make's the game more rewarding for good play's and punishing for careless mistakes etc and intense.

Another problem I have with dota is that it comes down to the players skill way less than league. It comes down to hero counters (not always true)

lol what? Less skill that League? Just...wow.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

lol what? Less skill that League? Just...wow.

I only mean that matchups have less to do with skill and have more to do with blatant hero counter.

I only mean that matchups have less to do with skill and have more to do with blatant hero counter.

Which is still wrong

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Which is still wrong

Alright fanboy. Like I said I've played them both a LOT and enjoy them both. I'm done responding to you. Not interested into getting into an argument with a little fanboy.

LoL vs Dota 2

hmmmm

IMO LoL<Dota 2< Smite

But seriously try out Smite and as of right now it is my favourite moba

I don't think you have played/watched long enough to understand how the game is played, yes there are heroes that directly counter specific heroes but the game is a lot more than heroes themselves. Running certain strats can make hero counters irrelevant. Also even if you are against a strong lane that theoretically counters you, you and your team mates are still able to outplay them by ganking or simply having better individual skill.

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

LoL is easy to learn, hard to master

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Alright fanboy. Like I said I've played them both a LOT and enjoy them both. I'm done responding to you. Not interested into getting into an argument with a little fanboy.

Yes because i'm a "fanboy" lol, christ are you reading what you type? You ARE wrong stating that Dota is a game of counter picking hero's and Lol is for those with "skillz". There's a helluva lot more skill involved in dota's denying, ward placement, smoke ganks, skill combos and player placement and baiting that ive ever seen in a game of LoL. But no worries, you carry on your angly little way and leave the thread, i was under the impression i was discussing. Not arguing.

Coming from a huge LoL player (gold, all champs, S1, etc.), I recently switched to Dota 2 and i'm having so much more fun. Theres just a bigger range of heros/champs/whatever both skill wise and type. I like the pacing better, the more previalant use of teamwork, and the bigger skill gap. IMHO I like Dota 2 alot better then LoL and will be playing it more.

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

• 2 weeks later...

One cannot really tell which is better.

Please, don't even bother getting into an arguement.

Both are great games with equally bad communities.

Why ?

Super-uber-extra bright colours , free to play, easy to alt-tab, all these have a great effect appealing the really young age crowd.

My opinion is to play both of them, for 2 or 3 weeks, and the decision will come by itself.

If you got friends on a side, you will propably end up to that one.

Anyway, I've tried both, League caught my attention a lot more, but both are hard to MASTER.

Choose your weapon, mute/ignore those who irritate you, and enjoy your game.

PEACE

With RAGE n FLAME we proceed to the battle, MOBA fellas

I am a very experienced dota 2 player and from what I have seen and what I have heard, dota has a lot more variables which can influence play.

One of these factors, which was pointed out in a post earlier, is the ability to deny your own creeps in dota 2. People often look over this and say no big deal, and maybe so in lower skill brackets. I am 4200+ mmr on dota and controlling your lane is one of the most important things to do in the early game. If you keep the creep wave closer to your tower, it's harder for the opponent to gank you, and easier for your teammates to gank the opposing player. Also, for mid lane, the 25% chance to miss your attacks uphill also helps you last hit better than your oppoenent and you can also use fog of war to out harass or initiate on the opposing hero. On the contrary, pushing the lane lets you go take runes every two minutes without missing much xp (or lets you stack jungle creeps).

One simple mechanic that changes the game so much.

Both looks very similar tbh... 

You should @Lays he's the expert at LoL ...  :ph34r:

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Been playing league for a really long time now, roughly a year, one of my favorite games by far tbh.  

The only problem is it's somewhat difficult to learn, and takes a really long time to get "above average" but the skill-cap ceiling is huge, you can always find something to improve about your in-game skills.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089