iOS 8 concept mixes Android, iOS and Windows Phone into one functional homescreen

Nobody wants to use two hands like that to just check something on their phone. It's cool, but I would hate it.

If it can mean anything to anybody at any time, it means nothing.

Yep, yet again apple "creates and innovates" by recreating the wheel and calling it something else, then suing everyone who made it before them. Apple needs to figure this out: If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, its  fucking duck, not an iFeatherBird. 

yet again what? this is just some random persons concept and nothing to do with apple

I actually think this looks cool, my problem with widgets on android is that there is no uniformity to them. They are all random sizes shapes etc. I like that this would make them all the same size and space, and really easy to open and close. adding and removing widgets from android sucks. Most people take ages setting it up and leaving it unless they want to spend 3 hours arranging their home screen again

One thing I love about iOS is that all your apps are on your home screen. No screens AND app drawer like android. this would be quite a cool feature

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

more clicks, more gestures, not good.

a good UI makes it simpler to do the same things as the last iteration with less effort not more. something windows forgot with 8 and 8.1. if i cant use my phone one handed then its useless to me.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

more clicks, more gestures, not good.

a good UI makes it simpler to do the same things as the last iteration with less effort not more. something windows forgot with 8 and 8.1. if i cant use my phone one handed then its useless to me.

What everybody seems to be missing with this is that you can obviously still use your phone in exactly the same way as before, with one hand, but now you are also able to view some more information from the app at a glance, either by permanently expanding the app on your home screen or by pinching it temporarily. Sure, pinching it is a two-handed gesture, but how else would you do it? Go into a settings menu and add it from there? That takes even more effort and steps than simply opening the app and using it as normal. Sure, this idea seems a bit clunky at first, but when you think about it, without completely redesigning iOS there wasn't a lot he could have done to make a feature like this work optimally. I could be wrong of course, and I would be interested to see what ideas anyone else can come up with in terms of a better optimised way of doing iOS widgets, but IMO this solution is actually quite effective.

HTTP/2 203

yet again what? this is just some random persons concept and nothing to do with apple

I actually think this looks cool, my problem with widgets on android is that there is no uniformity to them. They are all random sizes shapes etc. I like that this would make them all the same size and space, and really easy to open and close. adding and removing widgets from android sucks. Most people take ages setting it up and leaving it unless they want to spend 3 hours arranging their home screen again

One thing I love about iOS is that all your apps are on your home screen. No screens AND app drawer like android. this would be quite a cool feature

I know that this isn't proof that apple will do this, but just assuming they do that is what they would say. That they created and innovated widgets. And while widgets don't always look super pretty they are incredibly functional. But let me tell you my problem with widgets on iOS... oh wait, thats right. And adding and removing them sucks? Dragging and dropping sucks? Also, spending 3 hours re-organizing a home screen? It might take 15 minutes at worst, you are exaggerating quite a bit. As far as screens and a drawer go, it is kinda nice to have. That way I can have all kinda of apps downloaded, maybe some that a rarely use (like wifi analyzer for example, it don't use it much, but when I need it, its there and and it stays out of the way the rest of the time, and with Google Gesture Search it is easy to find, I don't even need to go searching for it) out of the way, but still on my phone and ready to go. I don't see anything wrong with having a drawer. Of course that is all personal preference. 

Here is a list of common fallacies. Which ones have you used today?