What is the single most rachet solution in your build

I guess it's the fact that I use VGA for my computer because the only DVI slot is being taken up by my PS4 using an hdmi adapter lol.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

Everything is perfect, HA! Builded professionally!

LEL 

post-80097-0-63868300-1401293238_thumb.j

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

My SSD is just sitting on the bottom of the case... It's supposed to mount using screws from the bottom (ie, screwed to the floor of the case) but I only had L-Shaped SATA cables so it wouldn't work... It's a cheap case.

My SSD is on a Hard drive adapter, that is on a 5.25" zalman hard drive radiator

for .. you know ... reasons

I zip-tied a Corsair H50 to my GTX 580 for some ghetto liquid cooling and forced the screws for the radiator through the mesh on my side panel because there's no where else to mount it in my case. The mesh is actually slightly warped because of the heat. Surprisingly it cools quite well. It has a 20% overclock and rarely peaks above 55C under full load. A bit warm, but not bad seeing as my ambient room temperature is 80F. There was no room for my PSU because of the H50, so I gutted out my drive bays and cut mounting holes in the top/front of my case for it. My SSD isn't even mounted with tape, its just wedged in the back corner of my case behind the motherboard tray. I have to open up my case and clean out the dust so often that I don't even bother using the bottom retention bracket for the fan on my heatsink, it provides enough pressure that it just hangs in place. Because my cat gnawed through the cable for my power button I swapped the power and reset connectors, so my computer turns on with the reset switch. While fixing the power switch issue the plastic connectors that held my front panel on cracked so I ditched it, now my single power/reset switch sticks out the front of my case from one of the holes the front panel attached with. Luckily I have enough USB ports on the back of my case and on my keyboard that I didn't have to bother wiring up the rest of the front I/O stuff. Does my computer win 'Ratchet Build 2014'?   :P

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

I zip-tied a Corsair H50 to my GTX 580 for some ghetto liquid cooling and forced the screws for the radiator through the mesh on my side panel because there's no where else to mount it in my case. The mesh is actually slightly warped because of the heat. Surprisingly it cools quite well. It has a 20% overclock and rarely peaks above 55C under full load. A bit warm, but not bad seeing as my ambient room temperature is 80F. There was no room for my PSU because of the H50, so I gutted out my drive bays and cut mounting holes in the top/front of my case for it. My SSD isn't even mounted with tape, its just wedged in the back corner of my case behind the motherboard tray. I have to open up my case and clean out the dust so often that I don't even bother using the bottom retention bracket for the fan on my heatsink, it provides enough pressure that it just hangs in place. Because my cat gnawed through the cable for my power button I swapped the power and reset connectors, so my computer turns on with the reset switch. While fixing the power switch issue the plastic connectors that held my front panel on cracked so I ditched it, now my single power/reset switch sticks out the front of my case from one of the holes the front panel attached with. Luckily I have enough USB ports on the back of my case and on my keyboard that I didn't have to bother wiring up the rest of the front I/O stuff. Does my computer win 'Ratchet Build 2014'? :P

I think we have a winner. Very impressive. Would have liked to see some bubble gum and duct tape though.

-I'm using an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 that I took out of the carcass of an Acer Veriton 6900 Pro that was found in a large pile of spare parts that my Dad left in the "bathroom" of my room which used to be a garage a long-ass time ago

-I can't overclock it past 3.06 Ghz because of this Motherboard's (Gigabyte G41MT-S2PT) front side bus (Maximum CPU host frequency of 340 MHz)

-My Kingston V300 120GB SSD is mounted at about a 60 degree to the left side of my 3.5" bay by one screw in order that The power cable from my Ultra LS600 power supply (which apparently has bad reviews) can reach it

-My case is an ancient grayish-beige colored tower (I'm not sure what model it is or anything, but I remember that when my Dad used the case for his computer around the year 2000) that has an AMD Athlon Processor sticker still on it (From the days when 1ghz was a high clockspeed) and an old torn up ATI (Or AMD. I can't tell because it's too torn up) sticker. I used wood glue to stick on an "Intel Core 2 Quad Inside" sticker which I peeled off of the Acer Veriton 6900 Pro The back side panel has an 80mm hole drilled out which I covered with tape that looks and feels like aluminum foil, and two 80mm holes on the front side panel which I just took off so I could better cool the components inside the case with three old 120mm fans which were too big to put on the PC along with the side panel being on now that I'm using SATA storage devices which have to be wired awkwardly in front of my graphics card (Unlike my old 320gb PATA drive) because my motherboard's SATA ports (Which are  are at the bottom-right and sticking straight out, as opposed to being at a right angle. One of the SATA ports is blocked by my ASUS EAH5770 graphics card which has a Zalman VF1000 aftermarket heatsink on it from when my dad attempted to overclock it.) I guess I can call these the SATAN ports instead of SATA ports. Also, I'm using SATA cables that I found in the pile of spare parts (which is mentioned above) which just might be first generation SATA. I just replaced the one that led connected my hard drive, because it would disconnect my hard drive during use and corrupt my files (Some of Unreal Gold's textures are corrupted all to hell, and flushing the engine cache doesn't fix it.) This would cause me to have to shut down my computer and try to tighten the SATA cable into the SATA port, lest I try to start the computer while the hard drive isn't connected, giving me "NTLDR is missing. Press Ctl+Alt+Del to restart" which I don't quite understand since I installed Windows 7 on my SSD, not my HDD (I'm not sure if the fact that I have Windows XP on my HDD has anything to do with this). So far, the "New" SATA cable seems to be working just fine, but the damage is done, and to one of my favorite games of all time, too, Damn it! At least it's still playable. Also, there is a Windows XP Home Edition sticker on one of the gray-beige 5.25" bay covers that I took off of an old random PC case (that I found in the aforementioned pile of spare parts which I keep referencing because that is where I get a lot of my stuff) even though I'm using Windows 7 in dual boot with Windows XP Professional (I plan on going tri-boot with Ubuntu soon enough.)

I used a 5.25" bay to mount my HDD using useful adapter thingies that I used to use for my PATA drive.

I used electrical tape to lazily tape the fan controller for my Zalman VF1000 heatsink for my graphics card to the front of my case, ensuring that it will occasionally fall off. I also used electrical tape to make a sort of corny aesthetic on my case to match the gray-beige + black combo I have going on here with the Black 5.25" and 3.25" bay covers as well as the gray-beige ones. I also used a pencil to draw AMD's logo, Intel's logo, and the original Unreal logo (The one where the top left of the "U" is slanted upwards instead of downwards) on my case. Maximum L337ness engaged. I still haven't wired the case LED for... uhh... err... something (I don't even know what it is). It is symbolized by a house with a stereotypical moon inside of it. Sleep mode LED, maybe? I don't know. I have an unused 80mm fan next to the I/O of my computer, used for exhausting (Or intaking. I don't really know because I haven't used it for months, now.) air from the CPU heatsink which I leave there unplugged because the Thermaltake V1 heatsink that I use is too big and the fan blades of the 80mm fan smack into the copper(?) fins (making a terrible noise) of the Thermaltake V1. Plus, I'm too lazy to take the 80mm fan out, and it's been there for years.

My monitor is an Acer X193w bd TN panel with a maximum resolution of 1440x900 and a refresh rate of 60hz. It has a small splotch of dead pixels from when I got mad and threw a screw driver in a random direction, hitting the monitor. Bloody little screw would go in the damn hole... I punished myself for hurting my monitor by fasting for three days with no food and only enough water to sustain my impure life.

I don't overclock... I OGREclock.
Shrek is love. Shrek is life.

DSCF2485_zpsbcba0eb7.jpg

This DIY fan filter.

The rest of my build is now very tidy thanks to a recent dusting and re-cabling.

Cut some random white plastic to make washers for my h100i as the backplate was loose and wouldn't let the waterblock make physical contact.10073b1ff6.jpg

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

i used twisty ties you can get at the grocery for cable ties/managment :D

post-5552-0-64775000-1380923833_thumb.jp

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I use carbon filters from an air purifier as dust filters.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Everything is perfect, HA! Builded professionally!

LEL 

y so ratchet

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS:

y so ratchet

My old $15 case. Never bothered to tidy up anything because it is literally the worst case in the world.

Side panel off because no fans :P

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

I broke my case in half and I store my wallet in a 5.25" bay.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

My SSD taped down with so much tape the tape is more expensive than the SSD itself.

I'm not sure but after reading around this forum for a few months, looking and hearing about people's SSD setups... It seems to me as I am the only one around here that actually uses a proper SSD mount... :P

the top of my case is a custom cut sheet of aluminium. because my case does not support 120mmx2 water coolers by default. 

lol, my whole motherboard hangs in here with tape (and cardboard behind it for conductivity) :D

the drives are outside of my case

its not a permanent solution, kinda in the design phase of my mod

edit: do i win?

I believe you do. One elbow bounce or shirt sleeve hooked in a groove or thumb screw and BAM your whole system falls apart. Hope you don't have earthquakes. :P

Oh god he said rachet....that's a term the freshman girls use in my school.

All girls use the term ratchet well all who feel slang is cool anyway. Yes it is spelt ratchet not rachet but if you keep speaking slang you may very well spell it rachet. :lol:

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Now I got a new one, I got 2 pieces from a door lock kit i am using as spacers for a fan to keep the fan from hitting a screw head lol. 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger