What is the single most rachet solution in your build

include a first place, and honorable mentions

most rachet is my voltage drop adapter to keep my H100 pump from making noise (12.3V rail is too much for it, although within ATX spec)

after that, it's the fishing line+magnet support for my graphics card.

if we go to my PC that's built into the wall, every single mount for every piece of hardware is rachet in it's own right.

we all have our rachet solutions (especially slick) and that's what make our builds ours.

I have a laptop hard drive mounted in one of the 5.25" drive bays.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I use chewed gum to hold my CPU in it's socket while I pour milk over top to keep it cool.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

My system isn't even in a case currently with lovely PSU wires everywhere. :V

HD 7750 on a 220W psu

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I'm using a 1300w PSU for a single 780ti and 4770k. 

Better safe than sorry?

Also, the 650D doesn't have an internal USB 3.0 headers, so I have it routed behind my Radiator to my rear IO ports just to get front USB 3. *note* I don't even use USB 3

//ccap

My whole setup:

mSKFzWm.jpg

I don't know if it counts but I taped my microphone on an iron wire that is taped with ducttape on my pair of cans :)

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I have a laptop hard drive mounted in one of the 5.25" drive bays.

I once had a Raid array of laptop drives zip tied into the 5.25 inch bays. 

My SSD taped down with so much tape the tape is more expensive than the SSD itself.

I thought it was an expectation that you tape down your SSD. congratulations my friend. you have discovered the truth of SSD mounting. my SSD deserves only the best in tape.

I once had a Raid array of laptop drives zip tied into the 5.25 inch bays. 

I thought it was an expectation that you tape down your SSD. congratulations my friend. you have discovered the truth of SSD mounting. my SSD deserves only the best in tape.

I've got cheap seethrough tape lol, a mounting bracket is much "better" but it's an SSD :-)

I've got cheap seethrough tape lol, a mounting bracket is much "better" but it's an SSD :-)

my tape of choice for mounting SSDs is Gaffer's tape. if I haven't any of that, I use some trusty electical tape or 3M VHB

a new trick I found is using those command strips that have something like homogeneous velcro for mounting. makes removal and swaps easy 

My whole setup:

-snip-

Using VGA? BAN THIS FILTH!

For me, it's the really bad cable management in the case and the fact that the SSD is not even mounted with anything.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

My whole setup:

I used to connect my laptop through VGA to my 1080p monitor lol.

not really my system but I have an old weathered 2x8 screwed into the side of my desk just sticking up next to my case to keep my cat from accidentally tipping it off the desk when i am not home since he has decided he likes to get up on the shelf above my computer desk. 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

lol, my whole motherboard hangs in here with tape (and cardboard behind it for conductivity) :D

the drives are outside of my case

its not a permanent solution, kinda in the design phase of my mod

diagonal mod 04/2014

edit: do i win?

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

Oh god he said rachet....that's a term the freshman girls use in my school.

I've never herd it used this way actually. Did someone make a new definition for it?

I've never herd it used this way actually. Did someone make a new definition for it?

Around me it is used like swag and yolo, I cant wait to move away from the annoying people in maryland.

Broken CASE 4 LYFE!!

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I 'had' a external graphics card for my ThinkPad t61, it ran well but died out 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

the meaning of rachet as an adjective depends on the context. sometimes it means crazy or out of line; wreched

One of my monitors is sitting on a notebook so it's the same height as the others. Doesn't bother me much though.

In my build, its definitely the hidden cable management, its pretty bad. For my family's computer, its definitely the second hard drive that is just resting at the bottom of the case.

Every topic I post in dies.

my entire desktop is sitting on a shelf with nothing holding anything down. just have an h100 sitting there. also i no longer get ethernet to my room so i have to run a pass through from my old macbook pro....its been a process. but my cpu is idling at 24C and never goes above 60C and my r9 290 is never goes above 70c. just dont bump my desk.