AMD is not allowed to see the DX11 code for Watch_Dogs

TheGhostVII

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/05/26/why-watch-dogs-is-bad-news-for-amd-users-and-potentially-the-entire-pc-gaming-ecosystem/

“Gameworks represents a clear and present threat to gamers by deliberately crippling performance on AMD products (40% of the market) to widen the margin in favor of NVIDIA products,” Hallock told me in an email conversation over the weekend. But wait, it stands to reason that AMD would be miffed over a competitor having the edge when it comes to graphical fidelity and features, right? Hallock explains that the core problem is deeper: “Participation in the Gameworks program often precludes the developer from accepting AMD suggestions that would improve performance directly in the game code—the most desirable form of optimization."

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Yup, I've known this for a while.  This is a real stupid thing to do whoever made this rule.  AMD should be allowed to see the code for the better of gaming,  if Nvidia made this rule I no longer believe they want gaming to be better.  But then again, Nvidia with G-sync, AMD with Freesync, AMD with Mantle, Nvidia with performance driver update.  Nvidia might feel quite threatend by AMD recently so they may just be trying to pump out their chest and act strong.

I hope AMD can do something, but even if they can't.   I still believe AMD has better value (But I would get Nvidia Next Time)