Recommend me alternative soft for Movie Maker.

nokturrduk84

What's the good alternative software for Movie maker? I don't like movie maker. It still reduces little quality. I just need that software for trimming videos (cutting moments from videos).

I heard about Sony Vegas. Is it good or are there better options?

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I like Sony Vegas it's pretty simple to use and renders out fairly quickly with a bit of tweaking but if all you're looking to do is trim there's probably some free options on SourceForge or somewhere similar that will do just as good a job at that.

I like Sony Vegas it's pretty simple to use and renders out fairly quickly with a bit of tweaking but if all you're looking to do is trim there's probably some free options on SourceForge or somewhere similar that will do just as good a job at that.

Okay, just installed Sony Vegas. Gonna have a look now how good is it :)

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Sony vegas is the simplest most user friendly while still having all the professional features you need :) plus there are tons of tutorials for it on youtube on how to do anything :D

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

My Preference is Adobe Preimere Pro, harder to use than Sony Vegas though

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

Premiere is good if you know your way around editing software, it's very powerful and feature rich but to a beginner it's pretty daunting. I used to like the free version of Avid (Avid Express) for quick edits but I definitely wouldn't have recommended that to a newbie either. Vegas just has a nice simple interface. Personally the easiest editing software I've seen was (don't hate me) iMovie but we're PC here ! :D

Premiere is good if you know your way around editing software, it's very powerful and feature rich but to a beginner it's pretty daunting. I used to like the free version of Avid (Avid Express) for quick edits but I definitely wouldn't have recommended that to a newbie either. Vegas just has a nice simple interface. Personally the easiest editing software I've seen was (don't hate me) iMovie but we're PC here ! :D

Agreed

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Fo the easiest cant leave out Movie Maker, in its lens flare glory :)

Fo the easiest cant leave out Movie Maker, in its lens flare glory :)

LOL Niiiiice :D

Weird, but in Sony Vegas, when I was trying to save trimmed video file & chose render as & after choosing mp4 format, video was blank black, only audio. Then I tried other format, but result was same.

I found free, little software, which does simple things like trimming & splitting & I think I'll stay with it.

I concur.  I use a combination of After Effects and Premiere for my video editing but as you say they're not the easiest to use; Can't beat the power though and they're included in a full Creative Cloud subscription. 

I concur.  I use a combination of After Effects and Premiere for my video editing but as you say they're not the easiest to use; Can't beat the power though and they're included in a full Creative Cloud subscription. 

Yeah, Agreed