Solar Roads

At first i though this was just a cool idea or a joke but now i looked into it because i believe its the greatest idea in a long time, THIS can change the world and the way we all live. I would love to see linus and luke do this as a topic for the WAN Show can anyone tell me how to let them know I am new to the linustechtips site but I've been watching there youtubes for the longest time and even got the courage and built my own computer thanks to videos I would love for everyone to help me let them know about this awesome invention that is already being funded by the USA gov. and from what i see Google heres a link to youtube its a silly video but it is from the family that's making it     

Just concerned about the upfront cost... how much would that be >.>

I wouldn't invest in it, until I see all the details on paper plus testings results... I can confirm solar panel tech still need major improvements... PLUS.... they'd have to be hella durable to replace tarmac.... 

All the repost.

EXACTLY.... 

EDIT: oh and did I mention the costs to implement and renovate? 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I'll believe it when I see it. Try convincing the government to uproot infrastructure on that scale. I just don't see it happening. 

He who dies with the most tools wins.

I was looking around for solar panels for my home and I came across this project.  I think it is a great use of tech, I've always been interested in alternate ways to generate power and I think my driveway would look sweet with this panels and with the heating element for melting snow, they got my attention :)

What do you guys think ?  

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Another use of tech would be to use the search function. :)

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

Again... this is a repost.... OP report the thread and get it locked.

Oh and this isn't viable until we see specs on paper.... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

94ewf.jpg

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

This has two problems:

1) People are just going to pick up the panels and use it for themselves (yeah, people are dumb).

2) Mankind currently uses all the power the sun sends our way during a year, in about 4 months. This is a step in the right direction, but it's not remotely enough.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

not viable then either, current cost of it is sky high.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

not viable then either, current cost of it is sky high.

That's not even half of the problem. The price of deconstruction if existing roads would be colossal. 

Solar panels for Tarmac? I'd like to see heavy testing to see durability, were talking about massive fucking planes landing on this stuff. 

dat long neck though.....if i was on my pc i'd post a fitting picture for it....

I don't doubt it~

ngkRBta.jpg

The amount of hype that is surrounding this is astonishing. It's sad to see 1.7+ million dollars wasted on an impossible concept.

Thoughts?

edit: title was edited

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

inb4 the cries of repost.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Not impossible, but really really really really really really expensive. Oh and in some areas people would probably start stealing the road.

inb4 the cries of repost.

Not a repost, the video is a scientific analysis on why it won't happen.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

The amount of hype that is surrounding this is astonishing. It's sad to see 1.7+ million dollars wasted on an impossible concept.

Thoughts?

Not enough money invested in my opinion + there will be a lot of R&D involved with this type of project like animal footprints etc.

1.7 million which roads are gonna get this technology because it seems like a waste of time if not a whole lot of roads don't get this.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>