Any tips on lowering the overall price of this build?

What's the system being used for? Are you planning to sli?

Are you limited to Newegg or are you open to other Canadian shops?

How low are you trying to get the cost down to?

Are you sure you want the K95 instead of the K70? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

what are you gonna do with it?

if only gaming you could save a lot.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Guessing the 850w is for 780 sli? (probably yes) If you aren't gonna add another 780 it's better to shift your perspective and look at the 550w or 650w.

No mass storage drive?

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

These are the parts and peripherals for a new build I'm planning, I was wondering if there is anything, that seems a bit uncessary or a cheaper option with similar performance. Thanks 

http://secure.newegg.ca/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=24476532

What are you doing with it and are there any specific reasons you picked what is chosen? Do you ever think you'll SLI?

Because there is A LOT of fat to be trimmed from this build. 

Error: 410

Go with a xeon over an I7.

Why a xeon? He'll probably be gaming.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

Why a xeon? He'll probably be gaming.

Because it's a I7 with a locked multi. It's also around $250, it saves money and preforms really well. Right around the same as an I7. 

I mostly want to do gaming, video editing and using autocad, I do plan on eventually doing sli aswell 

i would get a Z97 board if  you want future support for the haswell refresh and broadwell cpus

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

-sigh-

My Mushkin Redline kit is better than that Corsair kit and was sub 120usd. Inflated ram costs still = overpriced ram. I've also bad horrid experiences using audio powered by USB so usb gaming headsets felt gimmicky to me and I'd rather get a proper set of headphones + mic. Peripherals are a personal pref, but the K75 looks so much nicer imo and is cheaper. Crucial M500 SSDs are a nice substitute since they cost less for the same capacity and in the real world, SSDs feel the same. Overpriced PSU if it's going to be a single GPU system, but unsure of OPs purpose. Usually you're better off buying multi cards in one go vs waiting forever to the point next gen cards are out.

Because it's a I7 with a locked multi. It's also around $250, it saves money and preforms really well. Right around the same as an I7. 

Nope. Your opinion doesn't seem very good.

If the game/editing programme prefers a higher overclock it'll provide better coverage for increased speeds of editing. Go look at OC3D's 4770K review with the Cinebench.

Xeons with only 4 core 8 thread 2.5Ghz boost to 3.0Ghz not going to beat a 4770K at 4.5Ghz.

Get a smaller power supply, a crucial m500 ssd rather than samsung, an i5 rather than i7, a define r4 without a window and don't bother with fancy looking ram.

I have the asus z87 pro and goes pretty good, do you really need the expert version? I recommend you to buy the corsair k70 instead k95 the only difference are the programable keys and try to buy on other pages I bougth the evga gtx 780 classified under 550 on amazon.

Get a different head set , ive had bad experiences with the 1500 ,

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Seasonic PSU: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151107&cm_re=seasonic-_-17-151-107-_-Product

TT Poseidon Brown: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823162027

Go for a much cheaper Z series board and the cheapest RAM that you can find.

That's a $200 savings right there with no noticeable performance drop off.

Also, I hope that you're not using the stock HSF.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

@91wow provided that you've tried to de-rail this person from buying a 4770K to get a xeon. Please excite my interest into why a xeon will help him/her? Enlighten my day because I got nothing else to do.

@91wow provided that you've tried to de-rail this person from buying a 4770K to get a xeon. Please excite my interest into why a xeon will help him/her? Enlighten my day because I got nothing else to do.

intel xeon, quad core hyperthreaded processor. it is a $245 CPU as well. It's not clocked as high out of the box as an I7 which is a $309 CPU with just a 0.2GHz base clock, and yes you can OC i7's but the 4770K has been known to be a dog Overclcokers. If OP wants to shave off money why not get a xeon? It's around $20-$30 more than a I5 and is hyperthreaded.. It is a CPU that is made to run cool, and long. 

Get a different head set , ive had bad experiences with the 1500 ,

Do you recomend any specfic ones? Preferably with a good mic. and thanks for the heads up.

I have the asus z87 pro and goes pretty good, do you really need the expert version? I recommend you to buy the corsair k70 instead k95 the only difference are the programable keys and try to buy on other pages I bougth the evga gtx 780 classified under 550 on amazon.

Yeah i meant to change it to the z87 pro, I'm just using newegg to keep a list, I'll be buying the parts from whichever retailer is cheapest.

Do you recomend any specfic ones? Preferably with a good mic. and thanks for the heads up.

ive heard decent ish things about the Siberia V2's not for every one tho

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

i would get a Z97 board if  you want future support for the haswell refresh and broadwell cpus

Do you recomend any specific z97 boards?

Do you recomend any specific z97 boards?

depends what color scheme you want i personally plan on getting the ASRock Z97 Extreme4 or for a little bit more you could get the Extreme6

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

I mostly want to do gaming, video editing and using autocad, I do plan on eventually doing sli aswell

OP, this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($274.98 @ Newegg Canada)

Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($119.75 @ Vuugo)

Memory: Patriot Viper 3 Low Profile Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($79.96 @ DirectCanada)

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($124.99 @ Canada Computers)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($539.98 @ Newegg Canada)

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.75 @ Vuugo)

Power Supply: Antec High Current Pro 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.99 @ Memory Express)

Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($146.01 @ DirectCanada)

Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser Mouse ($66.98 @ Newegg Canada)

Headphones: Corsair Vengeance 1500 v2 7.1 Channel Headset ($93.41 @ DirectCanada)

Total: $1665.80

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-24 23:37 EDT-0400)

IF NEWEGG.CA only, here:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($274.98 @ Newegg Canada)

Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($122.84 @ Newegg Canada)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($89.98 @ Newegg Canada)

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($155.98 @ Newegg Canada)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($539.98 @ Newegg Canada)

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($149.98 @ Newegg Canada)

Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.98 @ Newegg Canada)

Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($152.98 @ Newegg Canada)

Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser Mouse ($66.98 @ Newegg Canada)

Headphones: Corsair Vengeance 1500 v2 7.1 Channel Headset ($101.98 @ Newegg Canada)

Total: $1765.66

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-24 23:41 EDT-0400)

This CPU is the same as the i7-4770 it has hyperthreading, you don't need 16GB of DDR3 and this motherboard and PSU will handle SLI on GTX 780, you save almost 500$..

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR